Player Watch Jake Stringer, AFL'S biggest flop?

Remove this Banner Ad

Man those 2015 highlights reminded me I thought the dogs had a generational player & a player the others would envy us for. I was thinking how lucky we were that we drafted him. What a fizzled out career he's had. Similar to Wingard, right? Peaked at 21. What happened to the speed @ 4:39?
My thoughts exactly - definitely reminds me of Chad Wingard's career. Here's the Wikipedia table:

1725419423158.png

2021 was pretty decent, but 2015 stands so far above the rest of his career it's unusual. You don't often see players who are All-Australian quality for a year, then remain on an AFL list for 9 more seasons as mediocre at best.

I do feel he is the victim of a player being called the next Gary Ablett Snr early in his career, then never meeting those expectations. A 40 goal forward is handy to have in your team, but people (especially the media) have to realise he isn't going to be a superstar they've begged him to be. 1.7 goals a game is his career average and he is never going to be this supreme athlete. 12 seasons in the AFL and he still has fitness issues! He's just a good ordinary footballer.

I do feel he is the victim of a player being called the next Gary Ablett Snr early in his career, then never meeting those expectations. A 40 goal forward is handy to have in your team, but people (especially the media) have to realise he isn't going to be a superstar they've begged him to be. 1.7 goals a game is his career average and he is never going to be this supreme athlete. 12 seasons in the AFL and he still has fitness issues! He's just a good ordinary footballer.
Who called him that?

BT probably??. Jizzes himself everytime he commentates on an Essendon game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jake Stringer, AFL'S biggest flop?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back