Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

He's not adding anything to the team at the moment. Far too many unanswered questions about Aish...Is he a mid? Is he a flanker? Why doesn't he lay tackles? Can he win contested ball?

He has time on his side to answer these questions and to develop in whatever it is that he is destined to be, but at the moment I'm not seeing a lot. I would have no problems with seeing him go back to the VFL for a month and let him dominate and gain confidence.

I know I am a bit of a loser for quoting my own post, but these questions remain unanswered for mine and still think Aish needs to play VFL for a period of time to develop. Is not adding anything at all.

I know I am a bit of a loser for quoting my own post, but these questions remain unanswered for mine and still think Aish needs to play VFL for a period of time to develop. Is not adding anything at all.

IF Adams and Varcoe where in he would play VFL and I would not complain IF he did. Might need a Block of VFL Games to see how he goes

Aish was taken one pick after Scharenberg so was obviously rated as a player. I think he'll be good for us long term, just needs confidence.

Confidence would do him a World of Good but how does he get it. Hopefully that great play in last give him some

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In Hine we stick the knives.

Let's hope not. Maybe a skewer to see if hes cooked, but we can make it a bamboo one.

That said I hope he's not immune from genuine inspection either. He's been given a lot of power at the club and has been less than flawless of late. All areas of the club need a review and he's one of them.

I wouldnt drop him this week against his old side. Dont see any harm in pumping games into him given our current predicament and injury woes.

Since we gave up this years first round pick for treloar, aish really needs to come on strong. I think he will be a good player.

Putting him in and out of the team wont help. He needs 5 solid weeks getting game time in a position we see him in long term.

He doesnt do much wrong as a player, he just doesnt hurt. He needs to get more involved. Its like he is scared to muck up. Thats why i think it is a confidence thing more than talent becaude he was quite damaging as a junior and first year at brisbane

I wouldnt drop him this week against his old side. Dont see any harm in pumping games into him given our current predicament and injury woes.

Since we gave up this years first round pick for treloar, aish really needs to come on strong. I think he will be a good player.

Putting him in and out of the team wont help. He needs 5 solid weeks getting game time in a position we see him in long term.

He doesnt do much wrong as a player, he just doesnt hurt. He needs to get more involved. Its like he is scared to muck up. Thats why i think it is a confidence thing more than talent becaude he was quite damaging as a junior and first year at brisbane

Well in 2nd I thought his Disposal where more Damaging. Did not see many Handball or Backwards kicks.

Just have to find a way of getting his own ball.

Maybe play against his Old Club can Motivate Him

Has Aish put to much Pressure on Himself?

You fear or are hoping?

As much as It would be easier for you guys to see me as that stereotypical "hope that ex player from my club fails!" type of person, I honestly would prefer he make a decent career for himself. Believe me, its hard seeing articles rave about guys like Polec, Yeo and Docherty. Wouldnt be any easier seeing it with Aish or Mayes if he leaves. But I cant be that vindictive of blokes just trying to have a career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back