Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

How was he playing seniors at 16 in the SANFL? He wouldn't even get a game in the seniors at my club. Must have gone backwards since 16

Think the Poor Attitude at Lions last year sent him way back

Still a young bloke! His first year at Lions was good! I'm sure he finished top 4 in the rising star award? There is still hope! I'm not giving up on him just yet

I welcome Brisbane supporters giving their opinion. Hopefully, as long as they stay neutral, they may be able to give us a positive or redeeming feature that we certainly have not been treated to yet.

Has anyone watched this kid closely? Is he struggling to get to contests?
Seems to be ghosting around in the background most weeks.

He's been given everything on a silver platter thus far, and as such expects more of the same. He's never going to work to get the ball, he considers that he is entitled to the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone watched this kid closely? Is he struggling to get to contests?
Seems to be ghosting around in the background most weeks.

I think it could be a Real Lack of Fitness as he never Done a Full Pre-Season since 2012

He's been given everything on a silver platter thus far, and as such expects more of the same. He's never going to work to get the ball, he considers that he is entitled to the ball.

And you know Aish Personally:rolleyes:

I welcome Brisbane supporters giving their opinion. Hopefully, as long as they stay neutral, they may be able to give us a positive or redeeming feature that we certainly have not been treated to yet.
Attitude is part of his problem I think , had a very good first year, I remember thinking that he was Bartel like, was taking great overhead marks and made good decisions. In his second year his heart wasn't with the club so his attitude changed and hence had a poor season. He has seemed to have carried this attitude over.

The other part is that he has been fed with a silver spoon for his whole life, and is now playing for a club underpressure, it doesn't look like he is even trying to step up and take the game on, he just handballs to a player ineffectively so he doesn't get in trouble

And you know Aish Personally:rolleyes:

It's the way he is. Golden child at SANFL, got to believing everything would just come to him easily. When at Brisbane he had to work he didn't like it, blow ups with coaches and players.

So he trades clubs rather than face up to working hard, and wants everything to just come to him again.

What he needs is a strong mentor to make him realise that he'll get nothing he doesn't earn. It would seem bucks and leppa ain't that.

Inside mid being played in an outside role he doesn't have the attributes for. Does not know how to get the pill in space and when he does he doesn't have the pace or penetrating disposal to do damage with it.

His best footy is played closer in. Quick hands. You have plenty ahead of him on your inside mid depth chart though.

It's the way he is. Golden child at SANFL, got to believing everything would just come to him easily. When at Brisbane he had to work he didn't like it, blow ups with coaches and players.

So he trades clubs rather than face up to working hard, and wants everything to just come to him again.

What he needs is a strong mentor to make him realise that he'll get nothing he doesn't earn. It would seem bucks and leppa ain't that.
You truly believe the reason he left Brisbane was because he didn't wanna work hard?

Inside mid being played in an outside role he doesn't have the attributes for. Does not know how to get the pill in space and when he does he doesn't have the pace or penetrating disposal to do damage with it.

His best footy is played closer in. Quick hands. You have plenty ahead of him on your inside mid depth chart though.
I think he could do worse than watch a few BASTINAC clips. Never going to have the size to be a dominant inside mid nor the speed and willingness to take the game on for an outside mid.

Pretty consistent them at Collingwood is we perceive Bucks plays a few guys out of position. Guess it's due to us recruiting so many similar types and then being bewildered that we don't have guys that spread well, guys that run hard outside etc. it confirms my opinion that bucks is a reactionary coach rather than being at the forefront of change and that's the difference with the good coaches. We're recruiting for the Sydney/Freo 2010/11/12 mould of bigger body, inside mids and loading the team up with them. Footy has evolved and these guys now look like treacle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp James Aish, (Traded to Freo 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back