James Frawley

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Frawley would go to full back. If he plays forward will be CHF. Isn't really a full forward butnis handy with his work rate up the ground.
Plus he's not shifting big Hawk out of FF where he is most dangerous.
I'd also see Chip taking FB, Lonergan has had a fantastic year defensively but I can't see him going on after next year (potentially past this year).

What Frawley would get us is a locked down FB/CHB combo for the next 4 years while we develop the young key position kids we have in the VFL.
We need a forward but need to play players where they are best suited so Frawley and Taylor back as far as I am concerned.

Hopefully you blokes get a 1st round pick as well, naturally I'm OK with free agency when it works for my team (and have been a big fan of getting Frawley since the talk started) but I don't like to see teams getting bent over by it.

Totally. What club would possibly want a 25yo AA Key back for nothing other than cap space.

The kind of club who wouldn't want to bring in a player who would automatically be our highest paid player, stuffing up our salary cap in the process. That club.

There's a reason the Hawks are the best in the competition when it comes to list management.

Please Footy Gods make Frawley to Geelong happen.

Massive bullet dodge by the Hawks if he does.
Totally. What club would possibly want a 25yo AA Key back for nothing other than cap space.
The kind of club that values good decision making and foot skills, both of which Frawley lacks.

Hope this helps.

The guy may well end up at the Hawks and if that's the case they will spend a lot of time fixing both of these things.

Last edited:
The kind of club who wouldn't want to bring in a player who would automatically be our highest paid player, stuffing up our salary cap in the process. That club.

There's a reason the Hawks are the best in the competition when it comes to list management.

While its working for you , keep doing it.
We are a little further along than you guys so , then if we want a P&P replacement then that's the price. Time will tell if its the right choice. For 2.5 over 5 , I think its about right. A bit high in Y1 and Y2 but averaging down in 3,4,5. Would he be our highest paid player? No but he would be up there for sure.

Lake turns 33 in February.

Gibson turns 31 in March.

Of course Schoenmakers turns 24 in November so he'll finally be hitting his straps in 2015!

There is no question, that if Hawthorn can get Frawley for the right price they will take him. I am also certain, that we have and will be talking to Frawley and his management.

We do however have a set player payment structure, that has been agreed to by the senior players. So we will only offer him, what he is worth in that payment structure.

I don't think we can match 5 x 500k.

If players want a payday, then Hawthorn isn't for them.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-12/roos-wants-pick-no3-for-frawley

Roos wants pick 3 if Frawley walks - tell him (Roos and Melbourne) no way under any conditions, any time nada-no-noway, get lost, go and jump in a cesspit...

No more gifts to Melbourne, North, Port any of them. There are other clubs in the league that the AFL has a duty of care for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What gifts have port and north received?

Port has got an extra 12 million dividend plus from the AFL over the last decade...ie 12 million more than other clubs. Just to help them out. It worked, they are about to win their way into a preliminary final. Will the AFL "dividend" stop next year? Not likely.

North...same type of thing. Extra money from the AFL, ("only" 2 or 3 million last year though) the Tasmanian deal etc etc etc, they get "equalisation" money despite them having a better team than my team..

Guess how much "equalisation" money Carlton has got despite not having made a preliminary final in 15 years? nil, none, zilch.

North - 2nd preliminary in last 8 years... gets millions and millions year after year from the AFL.

Port has got an extra 12 million dividend plus from the AFL over the last decade...ie 12 million more than other clubs. Just to help them out. It worked, they are about to win their way into a preliminary final. Will the AFL "dividend" stop next year? Not likely.

North...same type of thing. Extra money from the AFL, ("only" 2 or 3 million last year though) the Tasmanian deal etc etc etc, they get "equalisation" money despite them having a better team than my team..

Guess how much "equalisation" money Carlton has got despite not having made a preliminary final in 15 years? nil, none, zilch.

North - 2nd preliminary in last 8 years... gets millions and millions year after year from the AFL.
Equalisation isn't just about the quality of your list, it's as much about levelling out the fixture etc to make up for lost sponsorship $$$'s on account of team X not playing any Friday/Saturday night FTA games.

$500k a year wouldn't be in any reasonable team's top five paid.

$500k a year wouldn't be in any reasonable team's top five paid.
Probably would be at Geelong, what with their all taking pay cuts to stay.

Roos wants pick 3 if Frawley walks - tell him (Roos and Melbourne) no way under any conditions, any time nada-no-noway, get lost, go and jump in a cesspit...

No more gifts to Melbourne, North, Port any of them. There are other clubs in the league that the AFL has a duty of care for.
It's not a gift, if he meets band 1 compo by the formula, we'll be getting pick 3 regardless of how much you won't like it: I look forward to your reaction :D

Not quite correct
Port Adelaide, Brisbane and Sydney will receive $7.2 million, Essendon $4.75 million, while Fremantle, West Coast, Carlton and Collingwood will receive $4.25m.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...struggling-clubs/story-e6frg7mf-1226147306183

Probably would be at Geelong, what with their all taking pay cuts to stay.

It's not a gift, if he meets band 1 compo by the formula, we'll be getting pick 3 regardless of how much you won't like it: I look forward to your reaction :D
This.
people need to accept the AFL have put in equalisation measures.

The reason Carlton haven't made a prelim in 15 years is more the fact that it's a poorly run club that was caught cheating.

LMAO, a Carlton supporter of all people crying about gifts given to other clubs. How many priority picks has Carlton had compared to North or Port ?

Remove this Banner Ad

James Frawley

Remove this Banner Ad

Back