James Hird to coach Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

UpTheGuts How would you like to make a bet?

I bet you any amount of money you like (you are a lawer so money should be no object) that James Hird performs better in his forst season as coach than Hardwick did in his fist.

Hardwick performed exceptionally and Hird is destined to fail, according to you, so you should jump at this proposition.

Don't run away hiding like you do every other time.

If the EFC think Hird is the right person to coach, why are going to appoint a senior ex coach like Williams or Laidley to be his minder?

I just wonder if his appointment is marketing driven, just as much as footballing decision, in an attempt to win back some of the lost members/supporters?

It's not that I don't think Hird won't be a great coach...quite the contrary. But wouldn't a better strategy be to appoint either Choco or Laidley as the full time coach and St. Jimmy as their assistant for 2-3 years, learning the ropes along the way.

Ess. has a lot of young developing list, and IMHO what they need is an experienced teaching coach, not someone who has just got their coaching L plates.

I wonder how long Hird's contract going to be and what will the club's attitude to him if he is not successful? If he is a failure, I hope the Ess. admin. and members treat him with more respect and civility than they did Knights, if the results don't come their way as expected.

At the end of the day, I'm a Bombers fan and I'll support whatever decision they make. That's all that matters.

Always seems a bit of a fence sitter on, On The Couch, even over whether he would coach or not, wonder whether he will have the balls to do the hard things that are required at Essendon.

My thoughts exactly, seems to never want to insult anyone or make any hard calls. Hopefully will change when he takes over, if he doesn't get the broom out and make some big decisions with some of their dud players early on he won't have a chance

Personally i like Hird so i hope it goes ok but i can't say im too confident

Wow, so many experts on here.
Wait and see what the full coaching panel looks like first.
Bunch of *****.
There it is, if they surround him with guys like Williams, Laidley Corocran & Richardson as reported, then its hardly like he is running the show. In fact I'd go as far to say that all he would be is a figure head to make the average Essendon supporters happy and give the board a bit of breathing space.

Having said that I wish Hird the best of luck and hopefully he doesn't end up like Watson & Shaw as good players who turned into woeful coaches.

UpTheGuts How would you like to make a bet?

I bet you any amount of money you like (you are a lawer so money should be no object) that James Hird performs better in his forst season as coach than Hardwick did in his fist.

Hardwick performed exceptionally and Hird is destined to fail, according to you, so you should jump at this proposition.

Don't run away hiding like you do every other time.

Haha good luck! Even if he took your bet, which is unlikely, when he lost he'd just hide & strangely never reply to you again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i have lost all respect i am unaware i had for hird in the first place. the stink he kicked up when asked by sheehan and was so certain he would not coach etc....what a knob and so is the essendon board for hiring such a stuck up celebrity has been player. big mistake from essendon, how about we make bob katter prime minister at the same time?

LOL @ essendon supporters backing the clubs decision, you're all blind as bats!!!

Where's the picture of that fat whistling prick? I hate that guy.

:D :D :D

tumblr_kyby7pa0J81qzxzwwo1_500.gif

Haha good luck! Even if he took your bet, which is unlikely, when he lost he'd just hide & strangely never reply to you again

when have i EVER run from a bet?

Been bleating to the mods lately Lance? Diddums:D

"Perform better". are we talking wins? Because I think that is a silly bet, and hardly one that will be definitive of the respective ability of the coaches. You guys made finals last year, so surely you have a fraction of talent that needs to be awoken? How many wins in do I get?

What it a lawer?

Still love my sig!!:D:D

Remove this Banner Ad

James Hird to coach Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back