Bumped James Kelly in the club song

Remove this Banner Ad

Good on Steve Johnson for saying on Nein this morning that cameras shouldn't even be in the rooms when they do the song :thumbsu:

I agree. It was really refreshing to hear a player say honestly what so many of them (and us) have been thinking. I am happy for the camera to be outside looking into the circle. That is what we would see if we were lucky enough to be in the rooms! But we wouldn't be in the circle. That should just be the players.

I agree. It was really refreshing to hear a player say honestly what so many of them (and us) have been thinking. I am happy for the camera to be outside looking into the circle. That is what we would see if we were lucky enough to be in the rooms! But we wouldn't be in the circle. That should just be the players.

I recall one club, might have been Brissy, ordering the cameras out of the circle.

Good on Steve Johnson for saying on Nein this morning that cameras shouldn't even be in the rooms when they do the song :thumbsu:

Then why are they in there? (the circle I mean). Surely the rest of the team feel the same way. Is it part of the TV rights deal or something? Am I right in saying that Collingwood don't allow it. I don't understand. Just send a memo out to the TV channels stating that from now on they're not allowed in the GFC circle. If this isn't done then we can only assume that the rest of the players don't mind & are quite happy to ham it up in front of the camera.

Watching James Kelly playing up for the cameras after the Essendon win was pure magic. Here is a guy in his prime, enjoying his football, and sticking it up those wowsers who say he was being disrespectful. Football is a game, afterall.

Watch the mood change when we lose a game. He'll be the first one you all rip to shreds.

I wont hold my breath cause that could be a few years away yet.

In all seriousness Kelly is known as a bit of a prankster so let him have his fun.

I wish players would give a lot more instead of the old one week at a time crap.

this may sound irrelevant but over in Perth in the amateur A grade comp a team called North Beach has dominated the last 10 years of the comp and won 8 or 9 of the last premierships after a very lacklustre 20 years or so before that.

Every time they get up against us they sing the song with the same rigour as a finals win.

this may sound irrelevant but over in Perth in the amateur A grade comp a team called North Beach has dominated the last 10 years of the comp and won 8 or 9 of the last premierships after a very lacklustre 20 years or so before that.

Every time they get up against us they sing the song with the same rigour as a finals win.

That's great, but yeah it's irrelevant.

Bumped due to Kelly announcing his retirement (or leaving the cats, unsure which). Ah the memories.

Also interesting to read through the thread and note the comments about Bomber seemingly frustrated.

If only we knew what was about to happen...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bumped James Kelly in the club song

Remove this Banner Ad

Back