James 'Mugabe' Brayshaw's Dummy Spit

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately Beryl, it's more a case of '****' or GTFO.

If the club needs scrutiny pal, you'll hear it from me.

This whole process has had reasons for this, reasons for that. Hasn't been handled very well as a new process but means sfa in the long run.

Everyone involved will learn from this and not sure bay 13 is the place for more of your whiney crap, especially when politics is involved. :thumbsu:
I pretty much stick to the Bay and believe it a topic worthy of discussion.

I'd be interested in the "reasons for this, reasons for that" but I reckon it's just more bullshit. If these reasons exist, lay them out, defend Mugabe and his actions.

"Hasn't been handled well" is an understatement.

As an outside observer looking at Norf it really seems like amatuer hour. You may not give a **** what anyone outside the club thinks but you should- Norf needs all the good publicity it can get if it hopes to attract new/old members and sponsors to its ranks.

Everyone is laughing at Norf and rather than fix the rot you all seem to be painting over it and defending it to the hilt to the overall detriment of the club.

Will an honest Norf supporter please comment on JB Mugabe's recent actions? I can see you all squirming but no one wants to speak out honestly about your club.

JB is like a care-taker coach that talks the talk and builds a team that has the potential to succeed. He aint no match day coach though and needs to take a step back.

Also, the way deRauch has been crucified by Norf fans is despicable. Despite what has been said he has been a lifelong supporter and contributor to Norf and has done more for the club than you or Brayshaw has over the years. Some respect is due. It is a concern that Mugabe doesn't feel he could lead a team of anyone but his appointed buddies and is scared of scrutiny of the board- perhaps things aren't as rosy as he pretends. One new board member will not affect the balance of the pro-Brayshaw board and will probably contribute positively toward Norfs future success. Mugabe runnning from something that may make them a little more accountable should be a concern at Norf and not brushed under the carpet at the expense of deRauch's good name.

Did you mean DB? As in Dean Bailey?

Anyway, I'm amused at how you and other flogs here are trying to transform Peter De Rauch into the next Mary McKillop.

From where I sit, he's similar to Brayshaw : definitely has the interests of the club at heart, but also has a sizeable ego, which has in fact created some conflicts in the past. He's done a lot of good for the club, notably buying shares when it was needed, and handing them back when it was needed. Whether that makes him the best man to sit on the board at this point in time, is another question, surely.

Despite the crocodile tears of the assorted flogs feigning outrage about the democratic process, and the direction JB is taking the club in, I'm pretty sure you'll find that the overwhelming majority of North members are happy with JB's performance so far. Not 100% perfect, but overall pretty bloody good, and light years ahead of the performance of the previous board under Duffman. So I am sure that JB will be voted back in, by the members. And if you actually cared about the democratic process, that should satisfy you, surely?

As to whether Peter De Rauch, or David Wheaton for that matter, gets voted onto the Board : I'm sure the Board can cope with that, if it happens, and get on with the job. Which is to ensure that, 10 years from now, Bay 13 will still be clogged with whiney flogs predicting that 'Norf will be gone inside a year'. :D

I pretty much stick to the Bay and believe it a topic worthy of discussion.

I'd be interested in the "reasons for this, reasons for that" but I reckon it's just more bullshit. If these reasons exist, lay them out, defend Mugabe and his actions.

"Hasn't been handled well" is an understatement.

As an outside observer looking at Norf it really seems like amatuer hour. You may not give a **** what anyone outside the club thinks but you should- Norf needs all the good publicity it can get if it hopes to attract new/old members and sponsors to its ranks.

Everyone is laughing at Norf and rather than fix the rot you all seem to be painting over it and defending it to the hilt to the overall detriment of the club.

Will an honest Norf supporter please comment on JB Mugabe's recent actions? I can see you all squirming but no one wants to speak out honestly about your club.

You make some legitimate points but you're trying to make it into something bigger than it is. In other words, don't argue with idiots etc. You seem to be looking to fill a void in your life with a semi legitimate high horse you've leaped onto, but like Melbourne as an entity, nobody really cares about this issue at this stage.

You're also forgetting that you're a serial whiney doosh.

Boring topic, boring whingey bitch, ring in poster = boring.

Did you mean DB? As in Dean Bailey?

Anyway, I'm amused at how you and other flogs here are trying to transform Peter De Rauch into the next Mary McKillop.

From where I sit, he's similar to Brayshaw : definitely has the interests of the club at heart, but also has a sizeable ego, which has in fact created some conflicts in the past. He's done a lot of good for the club, notably buying shares when it was needed, and handing them back when it was needed. Whether that makes him the best man to sit on the board at this point in time, is another question, surely.

Despite the crocodile tears of the assorted flogs feigning outrage about the democratic process, and the direction JB is taking the club in, I'm pretty sure you'll find that the overwhelming majority of North members are happy with JB's performance so far. Not 100% perfect, but overall pretty bloody good, and light years ahead of the performance of the previous board under Duffman. So I am sure that JB will be voted back in, by the members. And if you actually cared about the democratic process, that should satisfy you, surely?

As to whether Peter De Rauch, or David Wheadon for that matter, gets voted onto the Board : I'm sure the Board can cope with that, if it happens, and get on with the job. Which is to ensure that, 10 years from now, Bay 13 will still be clogged with whiney flogs predicting that 'Norf will be gone inside a year'. :D
I agree that deRauch may be very much like JB. I find it amazing how many Norf supporters though paint him as the devil and am unsure why JB Mugabe seems to have lead the charge. He obviously feels very threatened by him and may have good reason. It hasn't been mentioned though.

What can't be argued is that this ego clash has damaged Norf and been to the detriment of the club. A good leader would not have let it get to this point.

JB may be the preferred candidate by the majority but that doesn't mean you can brush over the democratic process and say "look, I reckon the majority of people want him there so the process isn't important". And just because many fans would like JB Mugabe to continue to lead it doesn't mean they want to give him complete free reign without question. It may help to avoid the "not 100% perfect" mistakes the board has made.

Lastly, it seems, if deRauch or Wheadon get on the board it will matter because JB Mugabe and half the board will either quit or, more likely, conduct a coupe and hold a "recount".

I wonder if Arocca is happy Mugabe used his resignation as a threat to nominees for the board.

Lastly, it seems, if deRauch or Wheadon get on the board it will matter because JB Mugabe and half the board will either quit or, more likely, conduct a coupe and hold a "recount".

I wonder if Arocca is happy Mugabe used his resignation as a threat to nominees for the board.
Well if that is the intention of JB & other Board members, either reaction would be disgraceful. But I seriously doubt that it is, which makes your hysteria about the issue so amusing.

Likewise, if JB threatened PdR that Arocca would resign if he (PdR) gets elected, it would be stupid, as well as improper.

Well if that is the intention of JB & other Board members, either reaction would be disgraceful. But I seriously doubt that it is, which makes your hysteria about the issue so amusing.

Likewise, if JB threatened PdR that Arocca would resign if he (PdR) gets elected, it would be stupid, as well as improper.
I'm now happy to pronounce Jacko is not an idiot.

Although he's tried to play it down he has reluctanlty admitted JB Mugabe's actions are disgraceful and unethical (improper) and that he is in fact a stupid idiot.

Congratulations Jacko and Norf (a clap from everyone please) - you now have 2 honest supporters let's hope for many more.

Perhaps Jacko you can preach to those Norf fans still under Mugabe's spell about the burden that has been lifted and how refreshing it feels to break free and be honest with yourself. It's always the first step to recovery which is the hardest and I'm sure many could benfit from your testimony.

Perhaps Jacko you can preach to those Norf fans still under Mugabe's spell about the burden that has been lifted and how refreshing it feels to break free and be honest with yourself. It's always the first step to recovery which is the hardest and I'm sure many could benfit from your testimony.
Are you referring to your own realisation that the football club you follow is a running joke, that hasn't been respected since Ian Smith ruled Rhodesia with the votes of 20% of the population?

Are you referring to your own realisation that the football club you follow is a running joke, that hasn't been respected since Ian Smith ruled Rhodesia with the votes of 20% of the population?
Was that a sub-concious connection to Zimbabwe and a vote rigged to keep the incumbent in power or was it a deliberate yet subtle dig at JB Mugabe? Either way Jacko keep up the good work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm now happy to pronounce Jacko is not an idiot.

Although he's tried to play it down he has reluctanlty admitted JB Mugabe's actions are disgraceful and unethical (improper) and that he is in fact a stupid idiot.

Congratulations Jacko and Norf (a clap from everyone please) - you now have 2 honest supporters let's hope for many more.

If you must spend all your time on the North board, have a look for who recently fought for the right of members to vote in this election.

It's the first election shortly after an extremely unlucky state election that would have cemented the clubs future. James protecting the cohesion and god forbid his brothers spot on the board probably hasn't turned out as he would have liked, but as I said before he entered the fray protecting the club from some of it's own.

If you give people the right to vote, there is some responsibilty to ensure stability of the organisation. He may not have handled it that well, but out of the 100 or so North posters on here i'd probably trust less than a quarter to know what day it is. This figure drops to 1 or 2 from the Melbourne posters.

Democracy can be flawed, and there's enough trust in JB for this teething election to
go according to legitimate democratic values rather than a gimmicky flawed process, empowering the ignorant and apathetic.

Whether JB can work with PDR is a major issue for stability and unfortunately for PDR, James is President.

No change is a good result, 1 change can be worked with and could be beneficial, so whatever the outcome your whinging is pointless. Future elections will run smoother and your arm flapping like a seagull with a chip is boring.

Everyone wants James to get his election vision through the front door, much like you'd want a son to survive his first week with a license.

of the 100 or so North posters on here i'd probably trust less than a quarter to know what day it is.

Everyone wants James to get his election vision through the front door, much like you'd want a son to survive his first week with a license.
Interesting points.

I too get the feeling the vast majority of Norf supporters are dimwitted bogans and wouldn't want to rely on them to appoint an appropriate leader for Norf. I'm sure they watch The Footy Show each week with pride. But JB Mugane can't proclaim then to have returned the club to it's members. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

While we'd of course want our son to survive his first week with a license, in an emergency when the shit hit the fan and survival depended on it, my first choice as driver would be a mature experienced professional.

And I did peruse the Norf board for an idea of what your supporters think and it seems the new motto there is "If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."

Interesting points.

I too get the feeling the vast majority of Norf supporters are dimwitted bogans and wouldn't want to rely on them to appoint an appropriate leader for Norf. I'm sure they watch The Footy Show each week with pride. But JB Mugane can't proclaim then to have returned the club to it's members. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

While we'd of course want our son to survive his first week with a license, in an emergency when the shit hit the fan and survival depended on it, my first choice as driver would be a mature experienced professional.

And I did peruse the Norf board for an idea of what your supporters think and it seems the new motto there is "If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."

99% of North posters > All Melbourne flogs.

Topic is boring, you should get out more.

99% of North posters > All Melbourne flogs.

Topic is boring, you should get out more.
It's probably not dumbed down enough for you or full of tasteless innuendo and in your face biggotry. Just go back and watch another DVD of your fealess leader in action on The Footy Show and tell yourself again what a great president he makes.

Nah, it just is a boring topic.

Similar to you being just some w***er in the burbs thinking he's cool posting endless crap on bay 13.

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."

I've only made a few factual statements to lead a discussion here on, guess what, a footy discussion forum. You've deflected from the topic and played the man and not the ball.

It's obvious that, to your own teams detriment, you can't handle the truth and for this I'm so sorry.

Care to highlight them
No problem.

1) Your thoughts on Mugabe secretly attempting to change the number of board members without consulting the club members. Not only unethical but unconstitutional.

2) The How to Vote Proxies with only 3 members (his yes men incumbents) listed well before nominations had closed and not including new candidates.

3) Publicly denouncing deRauch and using his popularity with the lower class majority of Norf fans to soil his character.

4) His tantrum and hissy fit, threats to resign and take half the board with him should he not have his way. Both personally to nominees and then to the general public via 3AW to ensure the voters know the score.

How about we start with these.

Remove this Banner Ad

James 'Mugabe' Brayshaw's Dummy Spit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back