James 'Mugabe' Brayshaw's Dummy Spit

Remove this Banner Ad

the Brayshaw hate is over the top. Also he has done quite a bit for the club including finally getting the new training facilities that were promised for so long by other boards.
People need to realise that North will never have a big membership base, it just wont so people need to get over it.
Apparently from what ive been told is this De Rauch was in favour of moving the club to the Gold Coast so if i was a North fan i know who i would be backing in
You've been told wrong and the story has been twisted many times over. Did you know JB was originally in favour of GC?

Ah. It begins.

No, I entered this to comment on Lovelace's fine post.

You've proven you will not contribute anything.

The long and the short of it is Norf were the biggest joke in the AFL before the latest election fiasco. Now it's a bit sad. You guys can't even agree amongst yourselves - good luck going anywhere.

That's it?

This is what the fuss is all about.

FFS, I have better things to do. Bye.

Do you think the bloke serves his intention well when he seeks me out every single time I enter the bay?

Talk about a masochist.

Given the amount of trauma dished out to Melbourne supporters through their football over the last few years, I would assume that this is par for the course.

The long and the short of it is Norf were the biggest joke in the AFL before the latest election fiasco. Now it's a bit sad. You guys can't even agree amongst yourselves - good luck going anywhere.

Biggest joke in the AFL? That's easy.

Convincing yourselves that you have the best young talent in the AFL, then losing 8 times in a row to a team with far superior young talent and CONTINUING to spruik your inferior players all over BigFooty.

Not enough? Try recruiting a tall forward that has the bone structure of a 14 year old anaemic at Pick 1, who was surpassed by Jurrah, the bloke with the worst haircut in the AFL, before Jurrah had played 5 games. Must also suck that Jurrah was a relative unknown from the bush that you paid a rookie pick for.

And if that's not enough, try recruiting an amazingly talented player, getting one year out of him, then losing that player to a soulless, AFL-run franchise for the love of money.

That's it?

This is what the fuss is all about.

FFS, I have better things to do. Bye.
Fuss? It's a laugh at JB and Norf thread- no fuss.

JB is by far the most incompetent president in the AFL as has been shown. I feel sorry for De Rauch and Wheadon that ACTUALLY DID return the club to the members only for them to declare they want to be lead like sheep and pronounce JB Mugabe to second coming. It's like a scene from Monty Python.

The laughs will keep coming throughout the week I expect.

Lol Hack Weefool =

264550495v5_240x240_Back.jpg

People need to realise that North will never have a big membership base, it just wont so people need to get over it.
Apparently from what ive been told is this De Rauch was in favour of moving the club to the Gold Coast so if i was a North fan i know who i would be backing in

That sounds like another excellent reason to vote for de Rauch instead of Brayshaw.

de Rauch being a savvy businessman probably recognized a golden opportunity when he saw it hence he backed the GC deal, which would have guaranteed Norf's survival.

Brayshaw rejected it, yet has Norf's odds of surviving on its own two feet actually gone up since he became president? Given how little we know of Norf's financial situation I'm skeptical, and when you factor into account Brayshaw/Arrocca's inability to reduce its debt (even with the aid of AFL handouts) its hard not to be pessimistic.

But from a marketing standpoint you've got to hand it to Brayshaw.
He really seems to have most of Norf's posters on this board well and truly fooled, singing his praises regardless of whatever shonky stuff he pulls.
It honestly wouldn't surprise me if he manages to come up with some technicality or clause to prevent de Rauche's name from appearing on the ballot. Mugabe indeed.

A Norf fan in my office has heard rumours that JB Mugabe will resign before the election - Anytime from tonight to Wednesday. Not sure when it will be announced. Apparantely De Rauche has uncovered some dirt and a deal has been struck.

"I've got no confidence in Brayshaw whatsoever. I mean he didn't want to go to the Gold Coast and then all of a sudden he wants to go to Tasmania and he wants to go to Ballarat. I see a lot of former players that don't have much time for him either," Holyoak said. "The way he treated me (over the Team of the Century changes) was disgraceful. I won't go into all that, but I've got my opinion of him and he's not the right person for the job.

Pretty scathing criticism from Holyoak.

Really does sound like Brayshaw is drunk on his own power and is out of control, making decisions autonomously without consulting anyone else.

Wednesday's AGM could get ugly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some very good points there. JB Mugabe does seem to be terrified of De Roach and scrutiny from someone outside his boys club that can read a balance sheet (sorry Arch). He's just praying Norf will fluke a windfall and then'll fudge the books to hide his incomptence.

Not one Norf fan has even attempted to explain why their debt hasn't moved (except to possibly increase) over the past year when that was a major focus for Norf. They've glossed over the importance of it but not addressed the why or what it may signify.

Which is plainly Norf is further up shit creek than they're letting on and JB Mugabe is shitting bricks.
Like another idiot in this thread, you're suggesting that the independent auditor is either incompetent, or is corruptly complicit in hiding the financial picture? A slippery slope for you..........

As to the debt, as usual, you're talking crap. Several posters have recently explained on other threads that, while the club has achieved a trading profit in each of the last three years, the total debt has increased, due to outlays on the Arden St development. (Do you know what assets are?)

Holyoak is a knob.

He basically got all up in arms about this all because of two changes to the ToTC.
A knob? It has been supporters like Holyoak that have saved Norf.

The Brayshaw ticket are certainly good at using their media contacts for the purpose of character assassination. That and the average Norf supporter is the most gullible creature alive.

Holyoak and the others are far more concerned with JB Mugabe's dictatorship. As you should be.

As to the debt, as usual, you're talking crap. Several posters have recently explained on other threads that, while the club has achieved a trading profit in each of the last three years, the total debt has increased, due to outlays on the Arden St development. (Do you know what assets are?)
The target was set knowing full well about the Arden St redevelopment. Using that as an excuse is a cop out. Norf obviously expected to make far more revenue/profits elsewhere which did not eventuate. Either they are incredibly mismanaged or have no idea how to prepare a budget. Incompetence either way but I can only expect more excuses and cover-up.

A knob? It has been supporters like Holyoak that have saved Norf.

The Brayshaw ticket are certainly good at using their media contacts for the purpose of character assassination. That and the average Norf supporter is the most gullible creature alive.

Holyoak and the others are far more concerned with JB Mugabe's dictatorship. As you should be.
Holyoak was part of the Vichy rump that wanted to sell our club to the AFL in 2007. If he's anti Brayshaw, all the more reason to want to see Brayshaw stay in the job.

The target was set knowing full well about the Arden St redevelopment. Using that as an excuse is a cop out. Norf obviously expected to make far more revenue/profits elsewhere which did not eventuate. Either they are incredibly mismanaged or have no idea how to prepare a budget. Incompetence either way but I can only expect more excuses and cover-up.
At least you're beating a hasty retreat from your insinuations that the books have been cooked.

Assuming Brayshaw will go to almost any lengths to protect his brother's place on the board (and keep de Rauch out) is it actually conceivable that he might attempt to fix the numbers in his brother's favor if it looks like de Rauch is pulling ahead?

I realize this sounds rather outlandish, but given Brayshaw's attempt to move the AGM to invalidate de Rauch's proxies, send out fresh proxies with only his team's names on them, and change the constitution to do away with that final seat, it almost looks like he's tried everything else he can get away with to ensure his brother's re-election.
"Tweaking" the actual numbers themselves would be the logical final step if he intends to continue down this path.

At least you're beating a hasty retreat from your insinuations that the books have been cooked.
Not at all. I'm happy to insinuate it but at this stage neither of us can provide evidence either way so what's the point srguing further.

I do notice you managed to ignore the main point of my post and again avoided explaining why Norf have increased debt (without the BS excuses please).

Remove this Banner Ad

James 'Mugabe' Brayshaw's Dummy Spit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back