James Podsiadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: How many games will James Podsiadly play?

The sentence i quoted, obviously.

It's self explanatory. If you have a specific question feel free to ask.

"Thompson still remains unconvinced about the three-talls system, and Podsiadly could be watching from the sidelines for the season opener, with team balance to dictate whether the Cats would be too top heavy against a speedy Essendon outfit." ;)

Fascinating statements. It seems the coaching stuff aren't necessarily sucked it by mindless romanticism. Hopefully they learnt the hard way with Lonergan.

Fascinating statements. It seems the coaching stuff aren't necessarily sucked it by mindless romanticism. Hopefully they learnt the hard way with Lonergan.

I wouldn't call it super fascinating.

Clearly Thompson is still unsure one way or the other, and hasn't made up his mind one way or another, which is what I expected.

By the way, I think it's important when interpreting the article to look at what Bomber actually said, whereas the quote everyone keeps using is the journalist's interpretation of what Bomber said (and thinks) rather than the "statement" of Bomber himself. I'm not saying it's untrue, I'm just saying one has to be wary of reading too much into it.

For the record, these are Bomber's substantive comments on the subject:

"The problem is, we haven't really seen it (the set-up) on a decent ground, apart from the Etihad Stadium game in the first (NAB Cup) round, which we clearly weren't ready for," Thompson said.
"So we still don't know if it's going to work but he'll play, Podsiadly will play lots of football this year, I'd imagine.
"I couldn't say (if he'll play Round 1) because we haven't really sat down and picked the team. We've been playing 28 players, last week we played 24 and in Round 1 against the Bombers we have to get it down to 22"

Clubs are allowed to promote a rookie, irrespective of a LTI, after round 12. Perhaps that is the misunderstanding :confused:

Yes that's what I meant, so if that was his confusion, then the misunderstanding is hopefully sorted :thumbsu:

Re: James Podsiadly upgraded to senior

great news, I'm sure that he will grab this chance and wring it out for everything it's worth. Could be the big news story of the year.

So good to a see a player like Podsiadly on his way to realising his dream of playing football at the highest level, especially at his age.

The ability to draft mature age rookies is possibly the best thing that's been implemented into the league for some time.

Yep reckon he will be pretty good for you guys. Pretty awesome for my fantasy team as well! :thumbsu:

exactly my thoughts..haha. forward rookies are pretty weak this year with hitchcock and pods elevated certainly makes it a lot easier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad to have an extra tall option that isn't Lonergan.

The ability to draft mature age rookies is possibly the best thing that's been implemented into the league for some time.

Agreed. :thumbsu:

Congrats to The Pods.

Not sure if round 1 is the game to promote him considering Essendon have a bit of pace though.

Hopefully for him he gets a game sooner rather than later....

Agreed. :thumbsu:

Congrats to The Pods.

Not sure if round 1 is the game to promote him considering Essendon have a bit of pace though.

Hopefully for he gets a game sooner rather than later....

i doubt they would promote if they weren't going to play him

all but certain to line up in round 1 imo

Glad to have an extra tall option that isn't Lonergan.

Was wondering when someone would say that :D

Anyway go Pods, I hope I see him on Friday!

I guess this suggest that Partridge and Ammo Man won't be offered assistant coaches roles now. Bugger !

Good news for Podsy , Hopefully its the big story off the year . As for how many games he will play , if things stay the way the are for much longer with the injury count he might have to play all year .

The article says that Mitch Brown may be back by mid-season.

Keep pumping that iron Mitch.

The AFL website article says Brown is "not expected back until late April at the earliest"

Fair difference between round 5/6 and Geelong Addy's "mid season". Anyone have any idea which is correct?

When was Brown put on the LTI?

The AFL website article says Brown is "not expected back until late April at the earliest"

Fair difference between round 5/6 and Geelong Addy's "mid season". Anyone have any idea which is correct?

When was Brown put on the LTI?
The same article also talks about the hole left by Mitch Brown, which is fairly rich considering he has never played a VFL match, nevermind an AFL match.

As for the time of his return, round 5/6 was the original prognosis, so I am not sure anything has changed from a reporting POV

Remove this Banner Ad

James Podsiadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back