HugeJohnson

Just hanging out
Apr 25, 2009
Some point in space and time
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Many of you may now be familiar with the name Jared Polec. Jared is a common name I'm sure you would have heard before in other people's names, while Polec is a rare surname, less common than names such as 'Brown' or 'Thompson' for example. You put the two together and you get 'Jared Polec', the two names combining for an even rarer combination than the two names as individuals. By now you are probably wondering where I am going with this.

Jared was born as a son of his parents on the 12th October 1992. He was described as being a baby at the time, possibly with only a little bit of hair. That is certainly not the case anymore, he has now grown in to an adult and boasts an imposing flowing mane that sits on his head as though his scalp was a throne and it was the king. Jared showed an aptitude for the sport of Australian Rules at a young age, and in his teenage years in particular improved vastly as he began to play with himself. This coincided with him becoming more involved with football, often playing in grades above his year level.

I recently sat down for an interview with Jared and talked about a range of topics.

HJ: Jared, an absolute pleasure to be able to sit down here and have a chat with you, what would you like to ask me?
JP: *stares blankly*

HJ: Ok I'll start things off I guess. I think the question that's on the minds of many Port Adelaide supporters, Jared, is do you believe there is a possibility that perhaps we are all just brains in test tubes in a much different reality and are creating consciousness through a different dimension.
JP: Yeah look it's a good question, certainly the boys have got together to have a chat about it a few times throughout the season. I think the best way to sum it up would be we don't have any evidence to prove otherwise at the moment so the best way to go about it would be to assume that we are.

HJ: Do you add any weird ingredients to your spaghetti bolognese?
JP: Ah who's stitched me up here? Hartletty? Nah it was Westhoffy wasn't it? Well I guess I gotta come clean with it now, I have been known to add fairy floss to my spag bol.

HJ: Speaking of football, there were rumours among footy circles not long ago talking about a potential trade of Ollie Wines to Richmond for Todd Elton, was there any truth to this?
JP: Todd who?
HJ: Elton
JP: Yeah look I'm not too involved with the trading side of things but that's something I'm sure the list management people looked very long at and did their due diligence about. Ollie is certainly a pretty important part of our club going forward.

HJ: What do you like to do outside of football?
JP: It's good to have a few hobbies to take your mind off footy every now and again. I'm researching pool safety at the moment and working on getting a seminar set up advocating safe habits around pools and how to keep out of trouble. A few times a day I'll go down to the local Baker's delight and ask them how their day is going and pick myself up a finger bun, I like to experiment with different yoghurt every now and again too so I have a few things I'm keeping myself busy with.

HJ: You've had some troubles with your foot this year, can you give us a bit of an update as to how you're going with it and a bit of insight in to the actual injury?
JP: Yeah I've had a stress fracture in my navicular bone, I was at Bakers Delight early in the year and found out they'd sold out of finger buns for the day. I guess looking back I could have handled the situation a little better but it caused me a great deal of stress at the time which ultimately led to the stress fracture. I tried to play with it for a few weeks but it wasn't responding, then I just settled in to the fact that it's a foot and it's probably not gonna play anything with you no matter how much you want it to. So I've been going through rehab with it since the incident, just working on my stress levels and stuff, I should be snickers to go by round one hopefully so fingers crossed.

I'd like to say thanks to Jared for allowing me this opportunity and I think we'd all like to see him fit and firing for round 1 next year.

Not to mention his CLA class Mercedes that he is getting around in....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Many of you may now be familiar with the name Jared Polec. Jared is a common name I'm sure you would have heard before in other people's names, while Polec is a rare surname, less common than names such as 'Brown' or 'Thompson' for example. You put the two together and you get 'Jared Polec', the two names combining for an even rarer combination than the two names as individuals. By now you are probably wondering where I am going with this.

Jared was born as a son of his parents on the 12th October 1992. He was described as being a baby at the time, possibly with only a little bit of hair. That is certainly not the case anymore, he has now grown in to an adult and boasts an imposing flowing mane that sits on his head as though his scalp was a throne and it was the king. Jared showed an aptitude for the sport of Australian Rules at a young age, and in his teenage years in particular improved vastly as he began to play with himself. This coincided with him becoming more involved with football, often playing in grades above his year level.

I recently sat down for an interview with Jared and talked about a range of topics.

HJ: Jared, an absolute pleasure to be able to sit down here and have a chat with you, what would you like to ask me?
JP: *stares blankly*

HJ: Ok I'll start things off I guess. I think the question that's on the minds of many Port Adelaide supporters, Jared, is do you believe there is a possibility that perhaps we are all just brains in test tubes in a much different reality and are creating consciousness through a different dimension.
JP: Yeah look it's a good question, certainly the boys have got together to have a chat about it a few times throughout the season. I think the best way to sum it up would be we don't have any evidence to prove otherwise at the moment so the best way to go about it would be to assume that we are.

HJ: Do you add any weird ingredients to your spaghetti bolognese?
JP: Ah who's stitched me up here? Hartletty? Nah it was Westhoffy wasn't it? Well I guess I gotta come clean with it now, I have been known to add fairy floss to my spag bol.

HJ: Speaking of football, there were rumours among footy circles not long ago talking about a potential trade of Ollie Wines to Richmond for Todd Elton, was there any truth to this?
JP: Todd who?
HJ: Elton
JP: Yeah look I'm not too involved with the trading side of things but that's something I'm sure the list management people looked very long at and did their due diligence about. Ollie is certainly a pretty important part of our club going forward.

HJ: What do you like to do outside of football?
JP: It's good to have a few hobbies to take your mind off footy every now and again. I'm researching pool safety at the moment and working on getting a seminar set up advocating safe habits around pools and how to keep out of trouble. A few times a day I'll go down to the local Baker's delight and ask them how their day is going and pick myself up a finger bun, I like to experiment with different yoghurt every now and again too so I have a few things I'm keeping myself busy with.

HJ: You've had some troubles with your foot this year, can you give us a bit of an update as to how you're going with it and a bit of insight in to the actual injury?
JP: Yeah I've had a stress fracture in my navicular bone, I was at Bakers Delight early in the year and found out they'd sold out of finger buns for the day. I guess looking back I could have handled the situation a little better but it caused me a great deal of stress at the time which ultimately led to the stress fracture. I tried to play with it for a few weeks but it wasn't responding, then I just settled in to the fact that it's a foot and it's probably not gonna play anything with you no matter how much you want it to. So I've been going through rehab with it since the incident, just working on my stress levels and stuff, I should be snickers to go by round one hopefully so fingers crossed.

I'd like to say thanks to Jared for allowing me this opportunity and I think we'd all like to see him fit and firing for round 1 next year.

"At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back