Toast Jarryd Lyons

Remove this Banner Ad

But couldn't we be honest with him about it rather than making an insulting offer in the hopes he'll want out?
It was 'news Corp' that reported the "insulting offer" and made it appear that he therefore asked to be traded.

AFL.com says that there has been no trade request and that he was still in talks with the AFC.

How do you know the Crows haven't been honest with him?

I would be upset to see Lyons go, especially after he has been so loyal to our club even after he could of left to Melbourne a few years back.
If we lose him because we give him a shit offer then thats terrible.
If he does leave we have a couple who can take his spot such as Menzel, Grigg (if we keep him), Knights and maybe even Wigg. Also the way Greenwood is progressing he could well take that spot.
Problem is we would only get late second or third for him.

I would be upset to see Lyons go, especially after he has been so loyal to our club even after he could of left to Melbourne a few years back.
If we lose him because we give him a shit offer then thats terrible.
If he does leave we have a couple who can take his spot such as Menzel, Grigg (if we keep him), Knights and maybe even Wigg. Also the way Greenwood is progressing he could well take that spot.
Problem is we would only get late second or third for him.
I think thats pretty right. As good as hes been I reckon the club think hes fairly replaceable.

I think thats pretty right. As good as hes been I reckon the club think hes fairly replaceable.

You'd hope not; after Sloane, he's been one of our best mids in the back end of the season; probably neck and neck with MC.

We've got Thommo, Douglas, Mackay all underperforming and shouldn't be in the side next year, Grigg likely to be traded to Melbourne; CEY, who knows...

I don't think we can afford to lose Lyons, and I don't think we should be willing to - he's genuine quality, still very young in terms of games played, undoubtedly has a lot of improvement left in him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd hope not; after Sloane, he's been one of our best mids in the back end of the season; probably neck and neck with MC.

We've got Thommo, Douglas, Mackay all underperforming and shouldn't be in the side next year, Grigg likely to be traded to Melbourne; CEY, who knows...

I don't think we can afford to lose Lyons, and I don't think we should be willing to - he's genuine quality, still very young in terms of games played, undoubtedly has a lot of improvement left in him.
I know you are, and always have been a big fan but do you really believe that ?? If guys like Hampton, Menzel, Milera and even Charlie are as good as we think they will be then each of them is more than capable of replacing JL, as good as he has been this year.

We will have a top 15 pick too which will probably be spent on a mid. My preference (and belief) is that he stays, but we do have options.

Confirmed low offer but we don't know what or if any reasoning has been given to his management or to Lyons do we?

Reasoning? It's pretty clear, we'll have him on the list, but he's only worth a $10k increase. What reasonings are you thinking might potentially be in play? TMS also confirmed he was taken aback with the offer, so presumably didn't get the accompanying memo.

In the ring with golden gloves lever

Heard something, I think from Lever himself--must pay more attention to detail. He didn't box, just trained after school. The boxing thing has perhaps been blown way out of proportion. Anyone else see this? Think it was an interview he did a couple of weeks ago.

Or Danger at Geelong.
Yeah because that is completely the same scenario. Christ, Dangerfield leaving says nothing about us as a club, and all about how he wanted to go home and play for Geelong and no one else. If he had gone to Collingwood or the Hawks I'd grant you have a point, but saying "Danger left" is a pretty nothing argument when it comes to saying we can't keep our players.

Name a player whom the club wanted to keep and who wanted to stay, but who ended up leaving aside from those who took massive $$$ from GC or GWS that are no longer on offer.

Heard something, I think from Lever himself--must pay more attention to detail. He didn't box, just trained after school. The boxing thing has perhaps been blown way out of proportion. Anyone else see this? Think it was an interview he did a couple of weeks ago.
From memory he started doing boxing training when he hurt his knee, and was told if he wanted to he could have a crack at training for the Olympics or something if footy didn't work out (I'm assuming cause he's tall with long arms), but that offer turned into a myth about him being a badass boxer who could kick people's butts.

I don't think he's ever gotten into the ring with someone, just did boxing cause it's good cardio.

From memory he started doing boxing training when he hurt his knee, and was told if he wanted to he could have a crack at training for the Olympics or something if footy didn't work out (I'm assuming cause he's tall with long arms), but that offer turned into a myth about him being a badass boxer who could kick people's butts.

I don't think he's ever gotten into the ring with someone, just did boxing cause it's good cardio.
Yep - in Emma Quayle's book The Draft, it is only an offer by a trainer to take him on and the belief of that trainer that he would have been good enough to get to the Olympics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Jarryd Lyons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back