Toast Jarryd Lyons

Remove this Banner Ad

Thomo is an arse if he plays on next year and Lyons leaves

This!

I really think the club is seeing what value Lyons gets at the trade table. You'd trade him for a pick in the teens, but keep if it's a 30+ pick. (I'm setting the line at GC's current pick 22)

I don't want him to leave, but we've had numerous examples of players in the past where we should have sold high. His 2016 has been superb for where I thought he was at the end of 2015. Will 2017 stay there?

This!

I really think the club is seeing what value Lyons gets at the trade table. You'd trade him for a pick in the teens, but keep if it's a 30+ pick. (I'm setting the line at GC's current pick 22)

I don't want him to leave, but we've had numerous examples of players in the past where we should have sold high. His 2016 has been superb for where I thought he was at the end of 2015. Will 2017 stay there?

I don't see why it wouldn't. This is the first time he's actually been given a proper shot at an AFL season without being in and out of the side and a sub every week.

One would think you're not an AFC supporter.

I'm not an AFC fan because I don't think we'll go from significantly disappointed with the offer to an announcement of a signing in a week?

Even if he does sign that sort of time frame just isn't reality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JJ needs to toughen up and stop shirking the contest. He's built like a brick s*** house and yet he cowers at the first sign of contact. Throw him in the ring with the Crouch boys as a test of initiation. :p

I'd say with Lever, but getting knocked out in a few seconds probably won't help things.

JJ needs to toughen up and stop shirking the contest. He's built like a brick s*** house and yet he cowers at the first sign of contact. Throw him in the ring with the Crouch boys as a test of initiation. :p
He will never be a tough, contested player.

You are what you are.

We're going to lose him are we? OK then.

If the reported true, then we absolutely will lose him - and we'll deserve it.

It was one thing to not select him consisntely, he stuck around through of all that.

But now, when he's well and truly established in the side, we've apparently offered him a shit contract, both in terms of dollars and length?

He should leave; there is only so many times you can keep the faith, before it becomes taking the piss.

Adelaide needs to make a decent offer really. Its all good that he wants to stay but at least show that he is wanted by the club. I honestly think they would rather keep Thommo for another year

It was one thing to not select him consisntely, he stuck around through of all that.

But now, when he's well and truly established in the side, we've apparently offered him a shit contract, both in terms of dollars and length?

He should leave; there is only so many times you can keep the faith, before it becomes taking the piss.

Its all pure speculation at the moment.

Yeah but we managed to beat off bloody Melbourne pinching Thommo.

He's probably handy trade bait for AFC's bigger picture. Maybe could be part of Crows chasing a big fish (again) in which case I'd be all for it.

But couldn't we be honest with him about it rather than making an insulting offer in the hopes he'll want out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Jarryd Lyons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back