Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

Kid is loyal to his family. The same trait North liked and depended on, is the same trait that will take him back home. Was always going to be the case, and North had great offers on the table to take. Didn’t. Will be very costly. If he wants to go home the leverage disappears.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It would be great for posters to respond with their thoughts on what a potential trade would be, instead of just potting my post.

Tim Kelly nominated a club and went for three first round picks
Jeremy Cameron nominated a club and went for two first round picks and then some
Dylan Shiel nominated a club and went for two first round picks
Dayne Beams nominated a club and went for a first and second round pick, and then nominated the reverse club and went for two first round picks.

My hypotheticals are on the money. Richmond offered two first round picks + CCJ for him before he played a game. His stock has only risen.

Its all ridiculous anyway because he will remain at North, no doubt about it.
It’s not hard to do a little research ffs. You got all those trades wrong.

“Hurr Durr Sa bad!” Jokes are the least imaginative troll ever.

I feel the same whenever I see people trying to shift North to Tasmania. There's heaps of better places to relocate to.

Not SA though.

Kid is loyal to his family. The same trait North liked and depended on, is the same trait that will take him back home. Was always going to be the case, and North had great offers on the table to take. Didn’t. Will be very costly. If he wants to go home the leverage disappears.

What rubbish - did the leverage disappear when Kelly went home? Or Shiel? Or Cameron?

If this loyalty is a thing you think he will be ok to leave the mates he has made and for the team not to be looked after? If he goes - we will get heaps for him.

“Hurr Durr Sa bad!” Jokes are the least imaginative troll ever.
Who's trolling? If he was from a tier 1 state we'd have a serious challenge in retaining him.

Thank god he's from SA and not a state people want to live in
Thank god he was drafted by North and not a team that players want to stay at

Nba Playoffs Sport GIF by NBC Sports Boston

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Usually after a post like this the player and club announces a 3 year contract.

Will see how this plays out.

Yeah funny that, all seems to be coming from the 'one source' hey?
If the Crows offer as they did last year, their first pick of last year (now we know it's Rachele with exposed form) and their first pick this year (pick 4-5 this year at a guess), would the Roos take it ? Would the crows still put that offer on the table? Roos get Rachele who fills a pretty major need, and a Buslinger or Scully / Lemmey and take Wardlaw with their own first and their list has a bit more balance to it all of a sudden. JHF is an out and out gun, but when you need quality all over the field an offer like that should never have been turned down in my view.

If the Crows offer as they did last year, their first pick of last year (now we know it's Rachele with exposed form) and their first pick this year (pick 4-5 this year at a guess), would the Roos take it ? Would the crows still put that offer on the table? Roos get Rachele who fills a pretty major need, and a Buslinger or Scully / Lemmey and take Wardlaw with their own first and their list has a bit more balance to it all of a sudden. JHF is an out and out gun, but when you need quality all over the field an offer like that should never have been turned down in my view.
We wouldn't offer Rachele, I would imagine if a trade were to occur (however unlikely) it would be our first rounder this year and next.

We wouldn't offer Rachele, I would imagine if a trade were to occur (however unlikely) it would be our first rounder this year and next.
Yep. That ship has sailed for north.

They need to put everything into keeping this guy, but I’d be pretty nervous if I was a north supporter right now.

Yep. That ship has sailed for north.

They need to put everything into keeping this guy, but I’d be pretty nervous if I was a north supporter right now.
Do you think they take Rachele or take a punt on Gibcus instead as a key defender which they really need? That's a sliding doors for another day

Yep, Adelaide couldn't give North what they want, and probably the same in the opposite direction. It wouldn't be a straight swap. North are better off paying overs to keep him, and Adelaide would be silly to offer up a player like Rachele who's already showing so much so early.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back