Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

I don’t have a dog either but Adelaide set his value last year at pick 4, pick 5 and pick 14. That has to be the starting point given North rejected it and drafted him instead and the campaigner is under contract. I’m on the 3 first rounders or GTFO train with North. I’d back Clarkson in to turn him around once that s**t show resolves itself (Hawthorn should throw in their own first rounder for leeking that stupid report out into the light of day….)
So why wouldn’t his performance over the last 12 months depreciate his value?
Besides, in the broad light of day that (historic trade) works out to be:
North get picks 4, 5 & 14
Adelaide get picks 1 & 19
It’s not as clear as a ‘3 first picks!’.

North position in this is pretty weak - albeit he is contracted. Clearly doesn’t want to be there and not a good influence on their group

North will draw a line under their sh”tshow after JHF and Clarkson sorted and start to rebuild the club.

I do think a player will go as well - but no one too high end. Unfortunately for him I suspect Bergman will be under pressure to go along with the two firsts.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bergman is high end.

A
This JHF call must have been a really late one by him. Like last week.

Port have had two swings and two misses with Dunkley and Graham. Got Rioli to commit.

THEN JHF nominated them!

If Port knew that was the case they wouldnt have bothered chasing anyone else but him, he could be that good.
Apparently Graham was made aware that Ports priority was JHF when he toured.

pony up sinn or butters or see you in 12 months where we will have crows bidding also
Problem is the player needs to agree about to the trade & JHF has ruled out the Crows... so gather that means Port or he remains a Roo.

Interesting that Port are refusing to involve trading any of their players, including someone like Georgiades to a WA club.

Port's best offer as it stands is picks #8, #27 & future 1st (which probably won't be top 10)... so doubt this will be enough.

Also, may mean the Rioli trade will be problematic.

Going to be interesting to watch this play out.

Last edited:
Well I think 8, F1 and 27 will get the JHF deal done.

I'm not arguing against that.

But I think people need to focus on the pick rather than the round.

Pick 9 is a first rounder but its a long way off pick 3

And while Kennedy was slow off the mark he was still very highly rated. I doubt recruiters only look at footywire and compare stats when valuing players.

I doubt Georgiades will ever reach Kennedy heights

You can't tell me that 0.5 goals per game after 23 games is worth pick 4. Noone would have predicted him being a 700 goal forward otherwise Carlton wouldn't have traded him. They tried to pull a magic beans offer. Here's a guy that isn't doing jack for us, but he was a former pick 4 so you could turn him around. They just didn't bank on him actually being that good. All the players mentioned here have proven to be 1st round quality. If we're being serious about 'not all firsts are the same that works both ways'. The 2018 draft is arguably the best in the history of the draft. 11-20 in the 2019 draft is borderline as good as 1-10. Bergman and Georgiades were taken in that 11-20 block, but we're just supposed to accept they are not worth that, despite outperforming most of the guys above them. But yeah, the no 1 pick had a poo year, and we're supposed to pay more than pick 1 in value.

Best thing to do is for Port to get involved with GWS numerous picks. 8 + future third for 12 and 19.

12, 19 and future first (likely to be between 8 - 16) for JHF. Three top twenty picks, with a possible top ten.
That's not bad tbh.
I reckon two first rounders is enough if port manage to push 8 up higher in the draft order. 5-6 would be enough.

Seems to favour WCE. They only drop 6 places in the draft and gain Georgiades who is a gun. Port would lose 2 first round selections and Georgiades to get JHF. Too much for them to give I think.

When a Crows' supporter says it's unfair, that's how you know its dogshit. And it is definitely dogshit. Not the hard kind, the gooey semi diarrhea kind of dogshit. The kind that smells like the afterbirth of two corpses mating. That kind of dogshit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide aren't giving up pick 23 and rachele. He's the same pedigree high draft pick, but played better than JHF.
I'm not going to profess to knowing more about the Crows list than their supporters around here do, and I'm happy to be corrected, but it seems to me they could really do with a young explosive mid.

JHF's year as a whole wasn't great but I feel like his year is made worse than what it actually was.

His contested & clearance work, particularly in the first 10-12 weeks was an elite standard from an 18 year old kid.

Everyone is seeing this as a binary decision.

He stays at North and living in Melbourne or he goes to Port.

I think there's a 3rd path that works for North and works for JHF if they're both prepared to be a bit unorthodox and patient.

North and JHF go to the AFL and get permission to play for South Adelaide in the SANFL. North still pay him his minimum draftee deal. South Adelaide pay him SANFL money. He starts an apprenticeship or study. They hire a personal trainer to top up his SANFL trainings.

And he's available to come to North for as long as he feels like through the year. Hopefully that means at least a few weeks over preseason and then a block of training then games during the year.

There's certainly a risk that he still asks for a trade, and there's a risk that he devalues himself, but how much by? The talent will still be there and on full display in the SANFL. Much like it was with Stengle. He won't be a free agent, he'd have to have a heap go wrong to be worth less than an early first if not a similar amount than he is now.

8C9F140B-10D3-458C-B745-77C04E6E8EF3.gif

8 & 13..like jones and mchenry who were taken with almost identical picks in a supposed superdraft year better lol...

13 out of the first 18 picks are really good to great players. I understand that Crow's wouldn't think it was crash hot seeing though 3 of the remaining 5 are on your list 2x Adelaide picks + 2xGWS picks - both clubs known to set 1st rounders on fire.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back