Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - You were always one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol Leigh Matthews calling JHF weak... this from a bloke who king hit a guy on the field when he wasn't looking

"A guy"? I reckon that should be plural.

It's OK though, I'm sure Matthews said similar things when Buckley moved to the club he (Matthews) coached, Collingwood, in 1994, after a year with the Brisbane Bears.

"A guy"? I reckon that should be plural.

It's OK though, I'm sure Matthews said similar things when Buckley moved to the club he (Matthews) coached, Collingwood, in 1994, after a year with the Brisbane Bears.
Lol. Matthews a great footballer and coach, but as a commentator he has over the years dumbfounded me with his many wacky, obscure, and quite often just downright illogical statements and theories.

Never take much notice of anything he says these days.

As much as i think Hinkley isn’t a tactician’s ass he will be good for this guy. I sat near the boundary and watched him come off pretty frustrated with his performance at one point yesterday. Hinkley being on the bench was definitely a benefit as he was able to get straight to him and you can see JHF mentality improve and came back on to do some nice things.

Ive thought for a while Hinkley in a lesser role than head couch would’ve been ideal as he does have good relationships with the players.

This is the thing that everyone has to realise. The people that hate him are unhinged, and frankly stupid. He is a huge part of building our list over the journey. Has talked interstate non SA originating players over to us. Has also kept almost all of our good players. He is a good coach in the sense that he is probably the 5th or 6th best overall package in the league. If you want to win a flag you need a great coach who is top 1-3. He's not that and never will be and he should go for that reason, but he should be acknowledged as being an overall positive influence on the club and having left it FAR better than he found it. He's not a tactician's arseh*le, he has a weird love/hate relationship with KPPs, and I wish he would flip tables more about the umpiring when he's been given numerous chances by the media at press conferences, but make no mistake, he's better than more than half of the coaches running around. If he ends up at GC, he might well save their entire franchise. He built a strong list and taught them how to play good footy. The next coach needs to be a great tactican who can engineer a win when we are not the better side ala Richmond 2020 ala WC 2017.

I don't know if anyone bothered to watch the Kane/King radio show on Friday, but if there was any doubt King is one of the dumbest campaigners in the AFL media, it would have to be dispelled after his performance. Called out Hinkley for being precious about the criticism of JHF while popping veins over Kane/Hinkley potting him. Accused Kornes of misrepresenting him by playing an exact clip of one of his presentations on TV last year about JHF (I.e showed about 10 seconds of King exactly as aired last year) because Kornes 'knew it would be played in the radio without the footage'. Pretty much flailed around for 10 minutes changing the argument, misquoting Kornes and ignoring what he said 5 seconds earlier, whilst trying to put almost all of the blame on Kornes. King Asked where was Hinkley when King was criticizing JHF last year inferring he was hypocritical for not protecting a player at another team. It was genuine one of the most unhinged performances I've ever seen from a commentator. Kornes was literally sitting their swapping confused looks to laughing at King whilst King was flaring the nostrils and looking like he wanted to punch him.

Say whatever you like about Kane. He has potted plenty of players, some of them 19-20 year olds, but when they have a good game afterwards he's pumping up their tires. He shredded Adam Treloar for about 6-8 acts of the king that have been circling regarding JHF's 2-3, as a late 20s 800k per year player, who'd actually done a pre-season, and who did it in a single final, and his coach was so outraged that he publicly callout out Korne's wife in the media. Kornes was less angry in his response about that, then King was on Friday. He also pumped up Treloar's tires when he responded the week after. King's just a grub. JHF has won 2 possibly 3 games for us this year. All he has wanted to talk about regarding JHF is 5 seconds of play against Collingwood when we were -50 in contested possessions and 16-18 players got pantsed that day including the soon to be dual AA CHB. He potted him against the Crows as well when Boak squibbed about the only contest he has in 330 games trying to protect his ribs and our captain just gave up in the last 5 minutes. King is a gutless crab who is dummy spitting over being called out for bullying a teenager who doesn't want to play for his shit club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never had much ill will towards Leigh Matthews myself, but I was really disappointed with his recent take on the JHF trade

By his logic I guess that Tom Scully & Tom Boyd also should've been booed for doing the exact same thing :think:

I don't know much about JHF apart from what ive read but watching the game v West Coast, Shuey does an ankle and the kid gives Shuey a pat on the back on the way off to make him feel a bit better. He,s a decent fella I reckon.
It was meant to be a pat on the butt, but Shuey ducked.

Was just in everything. Didn't get stats for a lot of his inside work, too. His kicking inside 50 was a bit inconsistent but that'll sharpen up as he gets fitter.

Just for reference, Marcus Bontempelli's career high tally for total clearances in a game is 12.

JHF getting 11 in just his second season of AFL is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back