Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - You were always one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

Feels a bit disingenuous to Butters/rozee

Didnt Butters literally kick the sealer in that WB gather round game?

Rozee in the Melbourne game too?

They're all doing it for us

I stand by the comment. JHF comes up bigger and more often than the other two when it's most needed.

IMO he's on another level. Rozee and Butters are outstanding, top 20 in the comp type players. JHF is a top 5 in the comp type player who moves the needle in a way that very few players do.

I stand by the comment. JHF comes up bigger and more often than the other two when it's most needed.

IMO he's on another level. Rozee and Butters are outstanding, top 20 in the comp type players. JHF is a top 5 in the comp type player who moves the needle in a way that very few players do.
I'm happy to run away with your calls on small forwards and even those ti's early days 'm happy to stand with you on that one.

If I were to be brutal Rozee is the cream puff of the three when the going gets tough.
Hes got absolutely no presence whatsoever. Lots of our players are like that though. Only SPP and JHF give off competitor vibes. The rest are milktoast.

Compare us to say, Geelongs premiership teams and the Hawks premiership teams.

Loaded with physical killer competitors. Sewell, Lewis, Mitchell, Hodge. Corey, Bartel, Mooney, Selwood, Kelly, Rooke etc.

We are a team of complete pussies by comparison. We have JHF who is a complete package, but the rest in our team are nowhere near any of those guys in terms of their temperement.

We are by far one of worst mentally prepared sides in history. No killer instinct, no physicality, no mental toughness. Will never succeed if that doesnt change. Damn the talent, we are nowhere near it between the ears.

Its part of why we are so ******* horrible to watch. There is no energy from the group and no ruthless edge. We look every single bit a side that rocks up and just plays football how they are coached and disassociate for two hours. Our players dont engage and make adjustments or think for themselves. Go through the motions, get paid, heck off to henley with the dog and the missus.

Last edited:
Hes got absolutely no presence whatsoever. Lots of our players are like that though. Only SPP and JHF give off competitor vibes. The rest are milktoast.

Loaded with physical killer competitors. Sewell, Lewis, Mitchell, Hodge. Corey, Bartel, Mooney, Selwood, Kelly, Rooke etc.

We are a team of complete pussies by comparison. We have JHF who is a complete package, but the rest in our team are nowhere near any of those guys in terms of their temperement.

We are by far one of worst mentally prepared sides in history. No killer instinct, no physicality, no mental toughness. Will never succeed if that doesnt change. Damn the talent, we are nowhere near it between the ears.

Its part of why we are so ******* horrible to watch. There is no energy from the group and no ruthless edge. We look every single bit a side that rocks up and just plays football how they are coached and disassociate for two hours. Our players dont engage and make adjustments or think for themselves. Go through the motions, get paid, * off to henley with the dog and the missus.
actually Doctor I think you'll find Geelong have quite a few pussies playing in their team! hehehe winks

I want JHF to absolutely destroy the cows this week.
If there's ever a game for him to come out and announce himself to the AFL world its this week.
Imagine the boos if he wins the Showdown medal......

Its part of why we are so ******* horrible to watch. There is no energy from the group and no ruthless edge. We look every single bit a side that rocks up and just plays football how they are coached and disassociate for two hours. Our players dont engage and make adjustments or think for themselves. Go through the motions, get paid, * off to henley with the dog and the missus.
I’m giving the team a pass regarding killer instinct until I see them under a new coach. I’m still in the fish rots at the head phase.
For me, SPP looks to crash and bash all the time but he’s not lethal enough in his finishing or disposal for me to think of him having a killer instinct. It’s like his natural instinct causes him to try too hard and ends up overrunning the ball, fumbling and missing goals on the run on too many occasions rather than having that lethal poise.

Last edited:

The Hornet sure moves my needle!

I’m giving the team a pass regarding killer instinct until I see them under a new coach. I’m still in the fish rots at the head phase.
For me, SPP looks to crash and bash all the time but he’s not lethal enough in his finishing or disposal for me to think of him having a killer instinct.

Based on what?
I don’t know what the opposite of killer instinct is, but this team has zero killer instinct, other than JHF

Based on what?
I don’t know what the opposite of killer instinct is, but this team has zero killer instinct, other than JHF
Which is why we needed a Hardwick type of coach - it would have woken a few people up from their slumber!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me, SPP looks to crash and bash all the time but he’s not lethal enough in his finishing or disposal for me to think of him having a killer instinct. It’s like his natural instinct causes him to try too hard and ends up overrunning the ball, fumbling and missing goals on the run on too many occasions rather than having that lethal poise.
This is going to come across a bit s**t but SPP is a slightly better Mitch Robinson.

This is going to come across a bit s**t but SPP is a slightly better Mitch Robinson.

SPP has been a massive underachiever in his career so far. Let's not forget he was compared to Martin early in his career.

Only 2 out the last 6 years have been good (not including his debut season) and even they haven't been that lofty

I think Robinson was better. I like SPP, but he lies somewhere between Tom Logan and Mitch Robinson.

SPP has been a massive underachiever in his career so far. Let's not forget he was compared to Martin early in his career.

Only 2 out the last 6 years have been good (not including his debut season) and even they haven't been that lofty
Any player with a don’t argue in their repertoire gets compared to Dusty. Him not being as good as Dusty doesn’t mean he’s underachieved by any means I don’t think. Not going to act like he’s been a star the whole way through, but you’d be hard pressed to find many players on our list that have consistently starred over the last 6 years even if we’ve been a decent side. Fact is right now he’s one of the most exciting players in the comp to watch and is a real valuable asset on our side. A real heart and soul player which we don’t have many of, and there’s a reason why plenty of oppo fans love to watch him.

Where did that comparison come from though, the fact that he liked to fend off tacklers in a "don't argue" fashion?
It's a bit unfair to compare him to one of the top 3 players in the modern game based on very little evidence and then criticise him for not reaching that level.

Has he slightly underdelivered? Probably yes. By a huge amount? Not really. He's still the best pressure forward we have.

Any player with a don’t argue in their repertoire gets compared to Dusty. Him not being as good as Dusty doesn’t mean he’s underachieved by any means I don’t think. Not going to act like he’s been a star the whole way through, but you’d be hard pressed to find many players on our list that have consistently starred over the last 6 years even if we’ve been a decent side. Fact is right now he’s one of the most exciting players in the comp to watch and is a real valuable asset on our side. A real heart and soul player which we don’t have many of, and there’s a reason why plenty of oppo fans love to watch him.

I like the way he goes about it, it's more about his output. Kicking the miracle goals and all is great, but if he just did the basics a bit better, it would go a long way.

He could be an actual star if he converted anywhere close to the amount of shots on goals he takes.

Where did that comparison come from though, the fact that he liked to fend off tacklers in a "don't argue" fashion?
It's a bit unfair to compare him to one of the top 3 players in the modern game based on very little evidence and then criticise him for not reaching that level.

Has he slightly underdelivered? Probably yes. By a huge amount? Not really. He's still the best pressure forward we have.

I think our very own Kane Cornes was pretty bullish on him. All it did was set a high bar for him that he'll never live up to

I don't think any player in Ken's tenure ever reach their full potential. So sad!

On SM-S711B using BigFooty.com mobile app

donald trump alex acosta GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back