Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - You were always one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree. I like that he is super competitive but there is nothing at all to gain with spitting the dummy and giving away 50's and free kicks. The 50 metre and goal gifted to them at the start of the second quarter was critical in changing momentum of the game. We were in front, JHF does something stupid and then they get a goal and end up kicking the next 4 to go from a goal down to 3 goals up. And we end up losing by 14 points. The game was pretty even despite that patch, where we completely lost our way.

I guess it was good to see, because most here wanted us to lose anyway.
Meh ... JHF will always be a player who plays on the edge, it is in his DNA. Just think of players like Toby Greene. Already the most fined player in AFL history, Yet most of us would give our left testicle to get him to Port!

So lets turn JHF into a vanilla player. Yay! That will make him match the vanilla club we are turning into!

So, just a suggestion .... instead of copying the Hinkleyfiles and Vic media, by laying the blame on the players, how about focusing on the cause of the problem? The reason WHY JHF was becoming frustrated, and the players making mistakes trying to get back into the game? The reason why the players were becoming irritated after having 15 forward entries for a score of 1 point?

If the team was playing cohesive football, then guarantee you that JHF would not have reacted to the niggle. Does he need to get a handle on it? Of course he does - And he WILL. But right now, the real cause lies elsewhere. Get angry at that!

Last edited:
lol imagine thinking JHF is a problem. Ok.

He’s literally our best player and had one off game pmsl

One off game where he still kicked more goals than any other player on the team lol.

Probably just frustration boiling over after 18 months of carrying the team as a 2nd/3rd year player.

We dont want this bloke to be Robbie/Zak/Connor type who keep saving the coaches arse. He is in the #sackhinkley camp!

Joining Welcome Home GIF

Meh ... JHF will always be a player who plays on the edge, it is in his DNA. Just think of players like Toby Greene. Already the most fined player in AFL history, Yet most of us would give our left testicle to get him to Port!

So lets turn JHF into a vanilla player. Yay! That will make him match the vanilla club we are turning into!

So, just a suggestion .... instead of copying the Hinkleyfiles and Vic media, by laying the blame on the players, how about focusing on the cause of the problem? The reason WHY JHF was becoming frustrated, and the players making mistakes trying to get back into the game? The reason whey the players were becoming irritated after having 15 forward entries for a score of 1 point?

If the team was playing cohesive football, then guarantee you that JHF would not have reacted to the niggle. Does he need to get a handle on it? Of course he does - And he WILL. But right now, the real cause lies elsewhere. Get angry at that!
omfg does every post need to be about Hinkley, he sucks as a coach, I've made that clear and even said in my original post that we needed a strong coach to pull JHF into line, not a Daddy cuddle on the bench.

However, none of that excuses JHF's behavior in my opinion. It's not about being vanilla, it's about being a smart footballer and smart footballers don't do what JHF did. You can play on edge without doing the dumb shit.

We have way too many dumb footballers and players that crack the sooks when things don't go there way, maybe it is because the players are frustrated with the current regime but i don't 100% buy that, they need to start taking responsibility for their own actions. Finlayson is a prime example of a sook on the footy field, it always seems to be everyone else's fault with him, give me vanilla over the dogshit flavor he is at the moment.

Just cut the crap, and play hard and tough footy WITHIN THE RULES.

It's actually crazy how many supporters are making excuses for JHF. It's about time he grew the fck up.

lol imagine thinking JHF is a problem. Ok.

He’s literally our best player and had one off game pmsl
Completely missing the point. He is a great player, probably our best with Butters but both of them are much better players when their heads are in the game. His talent is not a problem, but his attitude can be.

omfg does every post need to be about Hinkley, he sucks as a coach, I've made that clear and even said in my original post that we needed a strong coach to pull JHF into line, not a Daddy cuddle on the bench.

However, none of that excuses JHF's behavior in my opinion. It's not about being vanilla, it's about being a smart footballer and smart footballers don't do what JHF did. You can play on edge without doing the dumb shit.

We have way too many dumb footballers and players that crack the sooks when things don't go there way, maybe it is because the players are frustrated with the current regime but i don't 100% buy that, they need to start taking responsibility for their own actions. Finlayson is a prime example of a sook on the footy field, it always seems to be everyone else's fault with him, give me vanilla over the dogshit flavor he is at the moment.

Just cut the crap, and play hard and tough footy WITHIN THE RULES.

It's actually crazy how many supporters are making excuses for JHF. It's about time he grew the fck up.
As I said, it's in his DNA, and players like that take more time to learn to focus their anger and frustration. He will, and hopefully under a different coach soon. I dont just blame Hinkley for this crapshow we have become, it is the entire club's fault.

Yesterday's game almost became cartoonish at one point, a caricature of the club! Dixon, and his constant one-handed marking attempts. Marshall & Dixon crashing each other's marking attempts - Dixon almost tearing his leg off! Aliir doing the same down back. But you decide to get angry at our most talented player, who is still a kid, because he got frustrated!

Bugger that! I want him to keep getting frustrated!!

I'm not sure what Hinkley said is any different to what any other coach would say if one of their players did what JHF did. I'm not sure what people were expecting Hinkley to say?

I'm not sure what Hinkley said is any different to what any other coach would say if one of their players did what JHF did. I'm not sure what people were expecting Hinkley to say?
Ideally "it's obvious that as well as being the least successful coach in AFL history I have also failed to control the behaviour of our club's young stars, so I am resigning effective immediately'.

I quit?

"He was still one of our best and he's a competitive animal. He'll get better at finding ways to focus that. He cares deeply about this club and he's not somebody that shirks responsibility for changing the game. Our time is better spent looking at working out a game style that works for the players we have on the park, and working to our strengths. Ultimately that rests with me."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a stinker. And kicked 2 goals in a struggling side as a 20 year old.

Where were our on field "leaders"?

Yes he was immature and struggled to handle his emotions. He's also like...barely out of puberty

Watching the 2004 premiership recall a few weeks ago we had guys like dimma, josh carr, pickett who wouldnt take a backward step and jhf would fit right into that group in terms of aggression.

Then you look at our 22 today and its extremely hard to find anyone who could “fly the flag” appropriately. Besides butters and dixon who almost always go over the edge, our leaders rozee houston and wines are almost too nice. Then you have pea hearts like marshall and finlayson who would probably run away from a scrap.
At least TJ stood up for his teammates every time.

butters says hello. jhf second best player.

anyway, jhf has had a few of these 'one off' games, happened against gws a coupla weeks ago. and the first half against dogs and lions.
Ended with 21, 6 clearances and 7 tackles against the Lions. Ended up with 20 and 3 against the dogs. He's set the bar that high that these games are being called "off games", despite one of them being in a game where the team got hammered by 70 odd at home.

I disagree. I like that he is super competitive but there is nothing at all to gain with spitting the dummy and giving away 50's and free kicks. The 50 metre and goal gifted to them at the start of the second quarter was critical in changing momentum of the game. We were in front, JHF does something stupid and then they get a goal and end up kicking the next 4 to go from a goal down to 3 goals up. And we end up losing by 14 points. The game was pretty even despite that patch, where we completely lost our way.

I guess it was good to see, because most here wanted us to lose anyway.

He's a 21 yo that was being scragged by multiple players at every ball up. I'm glad he threw his weight around. It didn't pay off in this game but it might make them think twice in the next game.

He's building his body of work and brute physicality is part of that.

I'd also add that the fact he didn't receive one free kick for the game is pretty strange considering the attention he was receiving.

The kid is obviously being targeted and instead of receiving support from his teammates, lashes out in frustration. He had Suns surrounding him and getting in his face before he gave away that free in the last quarter, but yeah teammates only make a thing of it after JHF retaliates and gives away a free.

And now we have the moronic media in for another pile-on as well.

If only our list stuck up for each other as much as they do for that clown of a coach we have.

JHF's actions are those of a bloke who doesn't trust his mates to back him on the field.

Lets hang the kid out to dry though.

The eagerness of some parts of the media to bash the living shit out of him based on a poor performance and ill-discipline in one game, when he's actually been pretty good this season in general, is a bit over the top.
happens to alot other players as well, not just jason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - You were always one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back