Not open for further replies.

thecotch

Premiership Player
Aug 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Four goals and taken some great grabs.

Seems to have relished the move to port and good on him.

Would be really handy next to jack right now.

Nah i dissagree......the departure of both Richo and Schulz allowed Jack to develope at the speed he has.
Jack has a Coleman in the bag and is more of a team player than Jay (i.e he tackles etc...), Where as Schulz has still only kicked 30 odd and was still in and out of Ports side.

He would be playing in the VFL if he was still with us im afraid, but glad he's getting some touch at Port though.....he may aswell make the most of it before they Fold! lol :)

CARE FACTOR..................................0

this spud was on our list for what 7-8 years and did sfa lazy player that just doesnt do enough.

he realises its his last shot & wants to continue to earn good dollars , he is kicking 40 odd goals as the only kpf that port are playing next to jack he would of got in the way.............thank god he is gone

now pull your finger out farmer & show you deserve your place on the list.

he works better 1 out imo.
Would hate to see him climbing over Jacks back causing probs in our forward line.
I'm happy with one of Post/Griff developing for the future twin towers setup.

Complete Spuddie.

He had enough opportunity at RFC to play at a professional level yet did not do so.

Now his career is on the line decides to extract his digit.

Sick of threads being made about players who are not ours.
He had his chance. Wallace tried to turn him into a defender when he clearly wasn't.
Couldn't compete with Richo and is not even fit to do up Jack's bootlaces.
Good luck to him. But we don't need nor do we want him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Complete Spuddie.

He had enough opportunity at RFC to play at a professional level yet did not do so.

Now his career is on the line decides to extract his digit.

I agree, I was always a fan of Schulzey, he's a pretty good kick and can take some great contested marks, but he had his chance with us and didn't prove himself. It was no loss for him to go to Port.

@CamTinley... Relevance to thread?

I thought the thread was a reference to whether trading J Schulz was a good idea or not. I know Richmond is not my team but I have a degree of fondness for the club since living in Richmond for a while.

My advise for what it's worth is that Richmond could do with Ben McKinley in 2011 and/or Quentin Lynch if for nothing more than being an insurance policy. Port Adelaide opted for a dwarf forward line before moving Schulz to FF and the results were comical. The Richmond list of leading goal kickers for 2010 minus Jack certainly appears to be on the short side.

I thought the thread was a reference to whether trading J Schulz was a good idea or not. I know Richmond is not my team but I have a degree of fondness for the club since living in Richmond for a while.

My advise for what it's worth is that Richmond could do with Ben McKinley in 2011 and/or Quentin Lynch if for nothing more than being an insurance policy. Port Adelaide opted for a dwarf forward line before moving Schulz to FF and the results were comical. The Richmond list of leading goal kickers for 2010 minus Jack certainly appears to be on the short side.

Yeah we shouldn't try to develop Griffith into the role he was recruited for. :rolleyes:

Yeah we shouldn't try to develop Griffith into the role he was recruited for. :rolleyes:

If Richmond have won every game he has played in 5 out of 5 and lost 15 out of 16 games he hasn't played in why wouldn't you play him more often:confused:

Even if he doesn't touch it he stretches the opposition and frees up Jack.

If Richmond have won every game he has played in 5 out of 5 and lost 15 out of 16 games he hasn't played in why wouldn't you play him more often:confused:

That would be because he is injured and out for the year and has been injured for about a month.
Also happens to be a first year player who is 200cm so how much would you like us to play him.

That would be because he is injured and out for the year and has been injured for about a month.
Also happens to be a first year player who is 200cm so how much would you like us to play him.

My point is it doen't have to be Griffiths you need another tall forward ie, Q Lynch (who would be even better) to drag tall defenders away from Jack. Jack averages over 5 goals per game with a 200cm player near him (Griffiths) and just over 3 without.

my point is it doen't have to be griffiths you need another tall forward ie, q lynch (who would be even better) to drag tall defenders away from jack. Jack averages over 5 goals per game with a 200cm player near him (griffiths) and just over 3 without.

bwahahahaha!! Fail! U leave now!

I love him, but he wouldn't be playing anywhere near as well with Riewoldt to compete with as he is for us right now. He only seems to perform when played as No. 1 target.

I can certainly see the logic in that - his best performance's for us were when he played that role also.

Wallace refused to give him the reigns in that regard and probably hurt his development a lot.

In saying that, Does Jay deserve to be a number 1 target for a side that would make the finals or be a serious flag threat? unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back