Speculation Jedd Busslinger

Remove this Banner Ad

If it is Jed for Barrass there won't be that much added on,

Tom Boyd was for Ryan Griffen who was AA a year prior and a first round pick,

Obviously Jedd wasn't pick 1 though so would be more likely Jedd and a 2nd if he is involved or just the Smith Compo
Dreadful comparison. Boyd was a contracted pick one.

Busslinger went pick 13 two years ago and has not played one game. His worth is along the lines of Nathan Freeman (future second), Matthew Kennedy (pick 28), Jack Scrimshaw (upgrade future fourth to third) and Aiden Bonar (upgrade future fourth to third)

Dreadful comparison. Boyd was a contracted pick one.

Busslinger went pick 13 two years ago and has not played one game. His worth is along the lines of Nathan Freeman (future second), Matthew Kennedy (pick 28), Jack Scrimshaw (upgrade future fourth to third) and Aiden Bonar (upgrade future fourth to third)
Scirmshaw is the closets thing you have named to a KPP yet my comparison was dreadful?

Scirmshaw is the closets thing you have named to a KPP yet my comparison was dreadful?
Clutching at straws there. If Busslinger was good enough to get a game at the top level so far, he would have. If he hasn't played a game by season's end, you'd be lucky to get a top 30 pick. That's nowhere near Barrass' worth

Clutching at straws there. If Busslinger was good enough to get a game at the top level so far, he would have. If he hasn't played a game by season's end, you'd be lucky to get a top 30 pick. That's nowhere near Barrass' worth
So by your logic Sam De Konning who played 1 game in his first 2 years taken at pick 19 would've been worth a pick in the 30s?

Ok so tell me how a now stable thoracic compression fracture affects football ability?
It still gives me a bit of trouble in my everyday life. It’s OK when I’m moving but as soon as I’m static I feel like I’ve got a broken back again,” Barrass said.

It’s a permanent thing and it’s something that I work on from the second I wake up I’ve got to do my mobility and get moving and find a way to come to work.

Those bits would be a clue.

It still gives me a bit of trouble in my everyday life. It’s OK when I’m moving but as soon as I’m static I feel like I’ve got a broken back again,” Barrass said.

It’s a permanent thing and it’s something that I work on from the second I wake up I’ve got to do my mobility and get moving and find a way to come to work.

Right so he wakes up a bit sore and just like someone who fractures their ankle or wrist or does an ACL he still has some symptoms of the initial injury.

So I’ll ask it again. Tell me how a now stable thoracic compression fracture affects football ability?

Its not going to get any worse, its just some pain and discomfort if he doesnt manage it correctly.
Despite the injury hes still one of the top few KPDs in the comp this year

I’m not buying the Barrass news, unless the eagles want to push him out.

Could be the Eagles dont want to risk extending his contract out two extra years until 2029. They have been burnt doing that recently with other players. He is contracted until 2027 on $800k per reports and that is under market value.

So I dont see the Eagles actively pushing him out but it wouldnt be smart management to blink and do a long term extension pushing him to 34. Not with the travel burden and how players hit the wall early if they are long term players based from Perth.

This is his manager trying to fix a bad contract signed not long ago.

But back to AA form discussions.

Pretty good form this season for a bloke with a shot back. Only missed a game due to a sling tackle suspension.
Yep, couple of blokes making stupid uninformed statements on a topic they clearly know nothing about then going silent when challenged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its not going to get any worse, its just some pain and discomfort if he doesnt manage it correctly.
Despite the injury hes still one of the top few KPDs in the comp this year
Yes a 29 year old with back pain issues is certainly a concern no matter how you try to twist it.

I’m happy to chase him because he’s still playing solid footy right now. If Busslinger is involved, absolutely zero chance a first rounder would even be contemplated.

Yes a 29 year old with back pain issues is certainly a concern no matter how you try to twist it.

I’m happy to chase him because he’s still playing solid footy right now. If Busslinger is involved, absolutely zero chance a first rounder would even be contemplated.

Then he stays or goes elsewhere. Two 2nd rounders wont get close.

If you havent noticed how much clubs are currently paying to land a quality tall defender to get them into flag contention, you havent been paying attention.

For the Dogs a quality premiership fullback is the last piece of the puzzle. Would be top 4 contenders for the next 3 to 4 years.

Then he stays or goes elsewhere. Two 2nd rounders wont get close.

If you havent noticed how much clubs are currently paying to land a quality tall defender to get them into flag contention, you havent been paying attention.

For the Dogs a quality premiership fullback is the last piece of the puzzle. Would be top 4 contenders for the next 3 to 4 years.
Essentially trading Bailey Smith (23) & Busslinger (20) for Barrass (29) would be an incredibly poor use of resources.

Essentially trading Bailey Smith (23) & Busslinger (20) for Barrass (29) would be an incredibly poor use of resources.
You guys are already way ahead of where you should be in terms of young talent due to the highly rated f/s and academy kids you have gotten over the last few years.
You wont jeopardise your future by trading out 2 players who are probably already gone for a guy who could get you up to premiership contention while Bont still has good footy ahead of him.

If you get Barrass you become a more attractive option for FA and players looking for a trade too, as success is more likely.

Majority of opposition supporters undervalue a player going into a trade and then once the trade is done argue why it was good value….. rinse and repeat every year on majority of trades
Steven May was three years younger, was a better player and captained his club (as Barrass is). It took him and a steak knives to get pick six.

Why would an inferior player, three years older, be worth just four picks less, let alone tacking on a first round key position defender, albeit untried? I’d be happy to give pick ten for Barrass, but he’s not worth that and Busslinger.

Steven May was three years younger, was a better player and captained his club (as Barrass is). It took him and a steak knives to get pick six.

Why would an inferior player, three years older, be worth just four picks less, let alone tacking on a first round key position defender, albeit untried? I’d be happy to give pick ten for Barrass, but he’s not worth that and Busslinger.
Could be a lot of reasons. Did Suns need salary cap relief? One was considered a super draft? Also Pick 6 is better than 10*.

Power paid a 2nd round pick (which is probably around Buss value) to move up 2 spots in the draft to get Sinn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back