List Mgmt. Jeremy Cameron traded to Geelong

What will happen with Cameron?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Me thinks it was Goddard who told GWS to chase O'Connor...

Brendon Goddard has mapped out his best 22 for Geelong, lauding the “scary” midfield and forward line combinations the Grand Finalists can put together, should they land Jeremy Cameron and Shaun Higgins in this trade period to go with Isaac Smith.

See Goddard’s team below from AFL Trade Radio:

Full team
FB: Jed Bews, Lachie Henderson, Jake Kolodjashnij
HB: Jack Henry, Mark Blicavs, Tom Stewart
C: Isaac Smith, Mitch Duncan, Shaun Higgins
HF: Sam Menegola, Jeremy Cameron, Brandan Parfitt
FF: Patrick Dangerfield, Tom Hawkins, Gary Rohan
Fol: Rhys Stanley, Joel Selwood, Cam Guthrie
Int: Luke Dahlhaus, Zach Tuohy, Gryan Miers, Jordan Clark

Missing from the grand final team are Ablett & Taylor (both retired), Simpson & O'Connor

So if GC want to trade ... 15 and our Fr1. <> P5. works for them on points
So if Ess want to trade... 13 , P37 , Cockatoo pick <> P6 agains plenty on points

it leaves us with P5, P6 and P20 ... it would put GWS in the corner pocket imo.

Have the media any idea if any geelong player is willing to move? ...

What l'm enjoying about Stephen Wells this year is he's been patronized by the media in the past and has been looked upon as an easy touch.
Not happening just of late, and the media are now experiencing a different SW, not so much the laconic old guy from sleepy hollow, keep it up Wellsy.🖒
I've never seen Wells patronized by anyone.

I have always thought he has been held in the highest regard.

Widely considered the best in the business.

One thing we can take comfort from is knowing that S Wells will get the best available outcome. Plenty in here will debate that they know more - and we don't want to lose player x or y - but this deal won't get dome without some collateral damage. Been strong on that from early on. You don't bring in a player of Cameron's ability and expect to get out of it for nothing. He's a generational talent and every recruiting or list management person knows it.

So we should expect to give up two of this years first rounders - or one of this years + a first rounder next year - and possibly a player as well under either of those scenarios. To expect anything less is absurd. By all means encourage Geelong to take the risk of going via the PSD but my guess is that they will have given Cameron a commitment not to make him go through that process as part of any preliminary discussions that were had. In other words - Jeremy we want you and this is what we'll pay - our commitment to you is that we take you as a RFA or we commit to get it done via a trade and not subject you to the stress of PSD.

And as for the players on the table - I get that we don't want to lose anyone. My priority would be to put a fence around the not negotiable talent and keep an eye on what our list will look like in 2-3 years time. For me the not negotiables amongst the younger group are Parfitt, De Koning, Henry, Clarke and possibly Simpson. As far as I'm concerned, everyone else is on the table. For me it's Sav who gets the deal done - he could be anything / he could be a dud and just not develop. But if it's a choice of him staying or De Koning it's a no brainer. De Koning was a steal and can play everywhere. Sav is not a ruckman and I don't think he's a natural forward either. In 2-3 years time you'll forget Sav was ever on our list.

He is so easy-going and virtually says nothing. He's very difficult for any interviewer to get ahold of or corner.

And one of the nicest, most humble and respectful people you would ever meet. I think that goes a long way to explaining why he's held in the regard he is, and why he's been in the business so long.

I've never seen Wells patronized by anyone.

I have always thought he has been held in the highest regard.

Widely considered the best in the business.

The only place you'll generally see it is right here. The OP of the Wells thread was actually a castigation of his efforts at the back end of 2016. And even just the first page of that thread has some pretty choice views about the man. I found them fairly ridiculous at the time. And, with the benefit of hindsight, they look even less prescient now.

Anyone who goes as long as he has in such a role is going to have some fairly spectacular misses on their resume. After all, list management is actually the very epitome of an inexact science. But he has been so much better for so much longer than anyone else in this caper. And has hit a rich vein of form again in recent years as well.

So, IWWT will continue to do me just fine. No matter what the sullen detractors amongst his own club's supporter base might say.

One thing we can take comfort from is knowing that S Wells will get the best available outcome. Plenty in here will debate that they know more - and we don't want to lose player x or y - but this deal won't get dome without some collateral damage. Been strong on that from early on. You don't bring in a player of Cameron's ability and expect to get out of it for nothing. He's a generational talent and every recruiting or list management person knows it.

So we should expect to give up two of this years first rounders - or one of this years + a first rounder next year - and possibly a player as well under either of those scenarios. To expect anything less is absurd. By all means encourage Geelong to take the risk of going via the PSD but my guess is that they will have given Cameron a commitment not to make him go through that process as part of any preliminary discussions that were had. In other words - Jeremy we want you and this is what we'll pay - our commitment to you is that we take you as a RFA or we commit to get it done via a trade and not subject you to the stress of PSD.

And as for the players on the table - I get that we don't want to lose anyone. My priority would be to put a fence around the not negotiable talent and keep an eye on what our list will look like in 2-3 years time. For me the not negotiables amongst the younger group are Parfitt, De Koning, Henry, Clarke and possibly Simpson. As far as I'm concerned, everyone else is on the table. For me it's Sav who gets the deal done - he could be anything / he could be a dud and just not develop. But if it's a choice of him staying or De Koning it's a no brainer. De Koning was a steal and can play everywhere. Sav is not a ruckman and I don't think he's a natural forward either. In 2-3 years time you'll forget Sav was ever on our list.
And even if Sav becomes a Jet, it's a fair price. If we trade, GWS should get a win too. Personally, I hope that Sav ends up being a great player. We can't have all the best players. The only issue he will face is that if he gets to be a good best 22 player, GWS will not be able to pay him what he is worth, due to their locked in contracts for their marquee players. I'd say any player looking to go there, would be thinking "no matter how good I become, there's a cap on my earning potential at GSW".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bews Snr just on BAYFM sounding positive about Cameron basically saying guys like him don't come along very often and we'd be mad to pass up the opportunity to get him. Also said though that it won't be a cheap deal.

The longer it goes on though the less we will get shafted though. Oh well next week it is then hopefully.

with the rules as they are ..thats true. He should be a FA and they get zero but thats not the rule as they are.

Bews Snr just on BAYFM sounding positive about Cameron basically saying guys like him don't come along very often and we'd be mad to pass up the opportunity to get him. Also said though that it won't be a cheap deal.

The longer it goes on though the less we will get shafted though. Oh well next week it is then hopefully.
so Jeb going to GWS to make way?

Honestly shocked at how easy some "fans" on here are throwing out MOC's name.

Leadership group after only three or so years, loves it in Geelong. Improving at a rate of knots. 23-years-old.

Would much rather throw away our picks in this highly compromised draft then give away anyone but Constable, Narkle or Rat.

You don't bring in a player of Cameron's ability and expect to get out of it for nothing. He's a generational talent and every recruiting or list management person knows it.

with the rules as they are ..thats true. He should be a FA and they get zero but thats not the rule as they are.

What was Lynch? RFA or FA?

Constable, Narkle or Cockatoo I would think are the most gettable. Pretty sure some would be happy to include Atkins but feel like he's bit of a MC favourite

I know Fogarty fell out of favour towards the end of season, and not sure the clubs stance - would think they'd want to keep him, but at the right price & as part of the right trade, then I could see it as a good move for all parties

All of those 5 are gettable i think..best 22 players not.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Jeremy Cameron traded to Geelong

Back