Analysis Conspiracy theories surrounding Geelong's list management and salary cap

Remove this Banner Ad

Still hearing about the unfairness of the F/S rule, despite our best F/S since they changed the rule after 2006, being Jed Bews, taken pick 80 something I think.

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app

There is certainly no doubt we capitalised on a couple of significant F/S' in Hawkins & Ablett.
Hawkins was a man-child and there has yet to be another like him as a potential up and coming kpf draft selection.

Still hearing about the unfairness of the F/S rule, despite our best F/S since they changed the rule after 2006, being Jed Bews, taken pick 80 something I think.

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Things more recent to the drafting of Tom Hawkins as the drafting of Tom Hawkins was from
  • The fall of the communism and the break up of the soviet union
  • The soviet withdrawal from Afghanistan
  • The Tiannenmen square massacre
  • The formation of the European Union
  • The end of the Iran-Iraq war
  • The end of apartheid
  • The invention of the hypertext transfer protocol (http website system)
  • The first computer worm is written and released
  • Linux operating systems were invented

And from that crop that played 15 years ago we haven’t gotten anyone come in and star.
It’s been 19 years since 07… I think it’s time to let go.

I’m all for keeping the FS but we seems so far removed from it being a thing for us.

The Academies are regularly producing for this clubs with them - they are not one in 15 year events

Go Catters

It was a long long time ago now though

No doubt but one could argue we may not have won as many flags without Hawkins as that was the impact of securing the father/son selection.

On the flip-side, Geelong played a Carlton side in 1995 who should never have had as many star-studded players as they were rorting the salary cap for years.
We play a team like North Melbourne that season instead, and we probably win the premiership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Conspiracy theories surrounding Geelong's list management and salary cap

Remove this Banner Ad

Back