Player Watch Jeremy Finlayson

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, and we've got our most prominent footy media former player trolling his own fans for engagement instead of lifting a solitary finger to back up his club.
Are you referring to Kane? Considering the public lynching Kochie copped for merely pointing out the precedence has already been set with Clarkson's punishment and that is the benchmark to follow, are you really surprised we aren't getting much support elsewhere in the media?

the public's outrage over this is ridiculous, probably a good one to sit out providing an opinion on as everyone is so easily offended these days.

Kane can't even comment on football matters without getting personally attacked let alone homophobic matters. He literally got slammed for not talking to Luke Darcy at the gym, and being critical of Bevo. It is actually laughable the shit he cops for really minor things.

You’re walking down the street with your daughter and someone calls her a sl-t. Do you…

A) Stand up for her
B) Tell her to stop crying because it’s just a word
C) High 5 the assailant and congratulate him on not bowing to the woke PC clown crowd
D) Both B and C
Pity the mic never picked up what the Essendon player said first.
Then it might put it into more perspective.

The lack of consistency in the game (specifically MRO decisions, penalties for off-field incidents, umpiring), is the worst part of the sport.

The AFL must be the most incompetent sporting organisation in the world
Its all about the right contacts at Afl house. If you're an important connection to them they'll be lenient. They want the system to work that way as it serves them. Fairness & transparency is irrelevant. I'm really starting to despise the Afl.

Kelli underwood was quick to compare it to the Tex racism ban
Didn't Tex 'allegedly' say his racist derogatory comment direct to an indigenous person?

So the comparison is Finlayson saying a homophobic derogatory comment direct to someone that is gay, which as far as we know, he didn't, thus there is no comparison.

Pity the mic never picked up what the Essendon player said first.
Then it might put it into more perspective.
Unless the Essendon player said 'please call me a f****t', I'm not sure what difference it would make. Slurs are not an acceptable response to provocation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In isolation I don't have a problem with the penalty. I do have a significant problem with a) the length of time it took to get here, and b) the fact that Alistair Clarkson didn't get the same penalty for a comparable incident.

The AFL is right to say there is no comparison between the Finlayson and Clarkson incidents- Clarkson’s is much worse.

What they said is equivalent but player and official interactions of this or any type are strictly taboo. Compare if a player grabs another player by the scruff of the neck to if a player grabs a coach or a coach grabs a player by the scruff of the neck. The player/player interaction occurs every day without penalty; the player/coach interaction should lead to a season ban.

The AFL has dug itself a big hypocracy hole.
So true but it won't make any difference to the outcome. Clarkson is protected by the corrupt corporation that is the Afl.

There's the reason why the crowvertiser rejected my comment regarding her football allegiance.
To be fair, when it comes to integrity it's not Emily Olle's 'football allegiance' that should matter but her and her employer's apparent lack of transparency on the important fact she previously worked in the media department of the Adelaide Crows.

After all, this is someone who proudly states on her linked-in profile that she has tertiary degrees in law and journalism and her role in her newspaper winning a Walkley Award and yet fails the basic transparency test when it comes to a double standards personal attack piece on an athlete from 'that other football club' in her own city.

From her elite private school background to her employment with The Crows, Adelaide's Channel 7 and the Advertiser , Ms Olle seems to me to be a perfect fit for the 'Adelaide Inc.' BS that thinks it runs this state.

The attempts by media organisations to retain an ignorant click bait audience means that they can never report the truth without wrapping it in euphemisms, obfuscation and playing to personal biases. This is not just an Adelaide problem of course. But it's just that in our relatively small city/state with limited media competition and f-all else to focus on, backing the corporates and their favourite footy organisation that drapes itself in the state colours is where the battle takes place.

Ms Olle seems to me like just another young wanna be celebrity journalist with a chip on her shoulder more than happy to play the game. And this was her chance.

A Crow Ambassadorship awaits.

/rant

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jeremy Finlayson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back