List Mgmt. Jeremy Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If the reports of 350-400k per year are true I think we are getting a great deal. He's a good age, has preseasons under his belt, can mark and kick a goal,makes our forward line seem dangerous. With Howe, Treloar and Aish we just need to hit the draft for a crumbing forward to complete a very tidy off season.

If the reports of 350-400k per year are true I think we are getting a great deal. He's a good age, has preseasons under his belt, can mark and kick a goal,makes our forward line seem dangerous. With Howe, Treloar and Aish we just need to hit the draft for a crumbing forward to complete a very tidy off season.
And a tall fwd to partner Moore

I dont see what Howe offers against Elliot, Faz, White. Howe will take some hangers but he needs the sit, he's not a marking key forward, nor a true crumber. While spectacular is he really going to take more marks or kick more goals than Elliot (35g from 20) or Faz (27g from 17) or White?(27g from 18). Howe's best year was (28g from 21). Howe is handy but your medium marking type and we got a couple. Forwards we need crumber/high skills/pressure. Or a devolving long term key tall.

I dont see what Howe offers against Elliot, Faz, White. Howe will take some hangers but he needs the sit, he's not a marking key forward, nor a true crumber. While spectacular is he really going to take more marks or kick more goals than Elliot (35g from 20) or Faz (27g from 17) or White?(27g from 18). Howe's best year was (28g from 21). Howe is handy but your medium marking type and we got a couple. Forwards we need crumber/high skills/pressure. Or a devolving long term key tall.
Is he better than Kennedy?

im envisagining howe and elliot up forward.. flying like the flying nun re.. its gonna be exciting at the very least.. the build up and bomb inside forward fifty is gonna be exciting.

They'll be wearing habits and funny hats?

We must have had very different childhoods, I never got excited about the flying nun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...out-on-melbourne/story-fnp04d70-1227570631664

so what are peoples thoughts on his ability to play on the wing?

Yeah i think its not a bad idea, and gives a better idea of where he fits into the team... Adds a bit of pace, and a marking target, up on the wing, and could go forward as a mid-sized forward.

I don't think he's garaunteed top 22 at this stage, but as we found with Crisp and Varcoe, it does sound like the club has a set plan for how they will utilise him and hopefully we get a similar result.

You don't think Collingwood tried to develop Seedsman?

I think they did, but they needed to keep him in the 1st team more, rather than dropping him every time he had a poor game. I could also ask, You don't think Melbourne tried to turn Howe into more than a high-flyer?

My point is, if you were to choose an Isaac Smith type, I'd say Seedsman is more likely than Howe.

You don't think Collingwood tried to develop Seedsman?

They did, until they realised he can't run and bounce at the same time.

I think they did, but they needed to keep him in the 1st team more, rather than dropping him every time he had a poor game. I could also ask, You don't think Melbourne tried to turn Howe into more than a high-flyer?

My point is, if you were to choose an Isaac Smith type, I'd say Seedsman is more likely than Howe.

But that is the argument people have thrown around about plenty of our youngsters. Pretty much anyone who got dropped, or wasnt getting a game, people were complaining - im not sure how BF thought our Match Committee was gonna play 35 guys consistently.
---

Seedsman has had plenty of chances over his time here. His best is very good, but he very rarely reaches it and his worst is much lower than that, and what he provides 90% of the time is very easily replaced and/or upgraded.

just when i'm feeling good, you have to mention that lack of crumbing forward.... we have no hope next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back