Player Watch Jeremy Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Pk had a hell of a glowing welcoming thread..
Don't know why people were getting excited over a player who couldn't break into a bottom four side in Brisbane. Similar to White who only got a game with Sydney when there were injuries. So no surprise when both players struggled this year at Collingwood. Contrast that to Aish who came fourth in the rising star award in his first year and Howe who regularly comes top 10 in Melbourne's best and fairest.

I have a feeling we may see some special things from Jeremy. A pies fan ( apparently not as much as his dad) at 25 years old on his 2nd (and possibly last) chance. Every single Dees fan i have heard says he a lot of talent but lazy and inconsistent. Lets hope we can get him consistent and hard working.

My main issue is that exact same description applied to Patty Karnezis and White (except the pies fan bit) and they havent really worked out. However, Varcoe was also similar and has been great so far.

Welcome to our great club Jeremy and show us the real "Jeremy Howe"
I wouldn't exactly describe Howe as on his second chance. I'm pretty sure Melbourne would have kept him if he was happy to stay there.

Don't know why people were getting excited over a player who couldn't break into a bottom four side in Brisbane. Similar to White who only got a game with Sydney when there were injuries. So no surprise when both players struggled this year at Collingwood. Contrast that to Aish who came fourth in the rising star award in his first year and Howe who regularly comes top 10 in Melbourne's best and fairest.

Aish was a Star as a Underager at SANFL Senior Level and in the u-18's. Also had a Big 1st Season in 2014

That logic flawed, Just ask Jack Crisp
Anyone who watched the Brisbane game against us in 2014 could tell that Crisp was going to be a good player. Kicked a couple of long goals that day and showed good running qualities. Karnezis only played well in the NEAFL. Similar to Kennedy who has only played well in the VFL. Big difference in standard between reserves football and senior football.

Could be...I can't remember the circumstances of PK leaving the Lions. Did he jump ship or did they axe him ?

He was the last of the five young Lions who wanted out that year. (The year Vossy Vosso was sacked)

Being homesick was his official reason - wanted to return to be with his close knit family in Melbourne.

Swapped him directly with Paine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did anyone see that item in the Herald Sun from Thursday or Friday (in one of those sport rumours and tidbits columns, I'm not sure who wrote it) that mentioned a 'high flying recruit' who used to refuse to wear his GPS and also said he would 'struggle to hide his distaste for running from his new club'?

Sounds like it was referring to Howe with that 'high flying' remark, although he doesn't strike me as someone who doesn't put in the required running at training.

Did anyone see that item in the Herald Sun from Thursday or Friday (in one of those sport rumours and tidbits columns, I'm not sure who wrote it) that mentioned a 'high flying recruit' who used to refuse to wear his GPS and also said he would 'struggle to hide his distaste for running from his new club'?

Sounds like it was referring to Howe with that 'high flying' remark, although he doesn't strike me as someone who doesn't put in the required running at training.
I'm pretty sure that Howe is regarded highly for his endurance, so I'd be surprised if it were him.

Could be Harley Bennell - depends on your definition of high flying.

Saw that and yeah Howe did come to mind but Hes all for running and endurance.. He mentioned that at the press conference.

I'm pretty sure that Howe is regarded highly for his endurance, so I'd be surprised if it were him.

Saw that and yeah Howe did come to mind but Hes all for running and endurance.. He mentioned that at the press conference.

That's my impression, too. Just can't see who else they could be referring to. Dixon?

Of course, there's always the possibility that the report was complete crap, but if you can't trust an anonymous rumour column in the Herald Sun what can you trust? :rolleyes:

Melbourne Fans said he was Lazy

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jeremy Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back