Player Watch Jeremy Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

How good is it going to be seeing a two headed hanger machine taking screamers on the mcg ;) kid's are going to love it.

Then I hope someone stays down to get a Possible Crumb
This guy will put his hand up to crumb, he is looking for crumbs now to gobble up.
1415594484102.jpg

Last edited:
Howe and Elliott taking screamers up forward.
Cloke and Moore taking the big contested grabs.
Reid and Brown back together to form a solid defensive wall.
Aish and Treloar getting 60+ between them, and hitting chests lace out.
De Goey and Broomhead taking the next step.
Grundy and Witts becoming a formidable ruck duo.
Pendles, Sidey, Swanny!

So much to look forward to. I can't bloody take it! START THE DAMN SEASON ALREADY!

200.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still finding it hard to see where Howe fits exactly. Clearly has best 22 ability but so has the group of Elliott, Fasolo and Broomhead. These 4will all be fighting for spots as small medium forwards who can do a little mid time as well. Some may say Broomy can go to the midfield but that is already stacked and barring injury I don't see a spot for him ahead of Pendles, Swan, Adams, Greenwood, Treloar, Sidebottom, Varcoe, Crisp, DeGoey, Aish who are hard enough to all fit in already.

So how much better does Howe make us. I reckon as it stands Broomy plays VFL and waits for injuries. Elliott starts and Fas and Howe need to convince the selectors both of them can play in addition to Elliott otherwise one, the one with lesser form, probably Howe, will join Broomy in the 2's when we are at full strength.

Still finding it hard to see where Howe fits exactly. Clearly has best 22 ability but so has the group of Elliott, Fasolo and Broomhead. These 4will all be fighting for spots as small medium forwards who can do a little mid time as well. Some may say Broomy can go to the midfield but that is already stacked and barring injury I don't see a spot for him ahead of Pendles, Swan, Adams, Greenwood, Treloar, Sidebottom, Varcoe, Crisp, DeGoey, Aish who are hard enough to all fit in already.

So how much better does Howe make us. I reckon as it stands Broomy plays VFL and waits for injuries. Elliott starts and Fas and Howe need to convince the selectors both of them can play in addition to Elliott otherwise one, the one with lesser form, probably Howe, will join Broomy in the 2's when we are at full strength.

That's pretty spot on I reckon. Seems pretty likely that one of Fas/Howe/Elliott doesn't fit in. I know the Pies said they see Howe as a tall winger/3rd-fwd (Karnezis anyone?), but with so many mids it's pretty hard to see Howe taking a midfielder's spot in the team.

Genuine competition for spots is a very healthy thing.

The more that happens across the entire field, the better. Assuming we have the cap space to make that happen ;)

(Hi Jeremy Cameron)

Lets not forget that Howe played arguably his best football in defence. He provides us great flexibility and gives us options around the ground if needed. I think he's a good pick up for us. Won't be outstanding but I still think he's in for a solid season.

That earlier photo of him in Collingwood training gear, he just looks Collingwood!

I think there might be more to this bloke than just a highlights package. He appears to have all the attributes to be a very good player. Strong of both sides and skilful. If we can get him using all of his gifts to anywhere near his full potential he could be in the top 10 on our list. It is a big IF though. Let's hope.

Will start in the best 22 on the bench perhaps but won't have a long honeymoon period given competition for spots. Will need to find the ball more often than he was capable of doing at Melbourne. Tons of upside though given his talent and relatively modest salary.

He is a very specific player to target if you don't have a strong idea of how you're going to use him. He also wouldn't have come cheap.

I think he was definitely recruited to be a best 22 player and we will give him ample opportunity to prove he is worthy. He will not be in the seconds for a fair few weeks unless he totally spuds it up.

Last edited:

I wouldn't be surprised if Fas and Billy rotate through the midfield this year.
Reality is we will get injuries and we will be grateful for the depth.

Lets not forget that Howe played arguably his best football in defence. He provides us great flexibility and gives us options around the ground if needed. I think he's a good pick up for us. Won't be outstanding but I still think he's in for a solid season.

That earlier photo of him in Collingwood training gear, he just looks Collingwood!
Would have said the same about Crisp and Varcoe ;)

Logic would suggest Crisp is the exception to the rule though.

That's rather convenient logic. PK definitely had talent and skill to make it at the top level, just not the desire or work ethic to go with it.

Crispo on the other hand isn't exactly the most talented or skillful player going around but it's clear he works his arse off (which is why we love him) - if we could have somehow moulded the two together then we'd have has a genuine star on our hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jeremy Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back