Player Watch Jeremy Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

If you listened to his reasoning for moving to Collingwood, there is almost certainly no possibility he will be playing in defence. Can't remember his exact role off the top of my head, but it has been said repeatedly in interviews re: Howe, and I'm certain that that's where he'll be playing. Initially anyway.

Forward/wing. He hates playing in defence. Not enough speckie chances.

If you listened to his reasoning for moving to Collingwood, there is almost certainly no possibility he will be playing in defence. Can't remember his exact role off the top of my head, but it has been said repeatedly in interviews re: Howe, and I'm certain that that's where he'll be playing. Initially anyway.
Yep. Pretty sure he said the club is looking to play him as a high half forward who can push up on to a wing. I don't get why people are suggesting he plays as a defender given we already have a stacked back half.

He said he play HFF and on the Wing

Still finding it hard to see where Howe fits exactly. Clearly has best 22 ability but so has the group of Elliott, Fasolo and Broomhead. These 4will all be fighting for spots as small medium forwards who can do a little mid time as well. Some may say Broomy can go to the midfield but that is already stacked and barring injury I don't see a spot for him ahead of Pendles, Swan, Adams, Greenwood, Treloar, Sidebottom, Varcoe, Crisp, DeGoey, Aish who are hard enough to all fit in already.

So how much better does Howe make us. I reckon as it stands Broomy plays VFL and waits for injuries. Elliott starts and Fas and Howe need to convince the selectors both of them can play in addition to Elliott otherwise one, the one with lesser form, probably Howe, will join Broomy in the 2's when we are at full strength.

I have no doubt the club sees Howe slotting on to our half forward flank. Howe is fit, presents well, can take a pressure releasing contested mark, make a target and deliver the ball well. I think we see him as a player that will help us transition from midfield to forward.

I have no doubt the club sees Howe slotting on to our half forward flank. Howe is fit, presents well, can take a pressure releasing contested mark, make a target and deliver the ball well. I think we see him as a player that will help us transition from midfield to forward.
Yep. And we didn't bring him across to play in the Magoos.

Howe's marking power will make it difficult for team defences to zone up and play more players around Travis. All going well it should help more 1 on 1's in the forward half for Clokey allowing him to kick a lot more points this year!
The pressure on Cloke to kick goals won't be there because he will be kicking so many, the voices will hopefully go away then.

This is pretty much it really but pretty sure Mark of the Year was up there high in the Club's thinking. Elliott needs some competition and hopefully having both of them having a crack might push one or both that little bit higher and extend the degree of difficulty factor.

Hoping to see Howe take a screamer on Elliott who was about to take a screamer on Cloke who was about to take a screamer on Witts.

I honestly believe we will have a dangerous Forward line next year, we have Cloke and Moore with the added possibility of Ben Reid.

We have Fasalo, Elliot and Howe who are both a handful as they play much taller than they are. Some people are discounting Fasalo but he was terrific in the last half of the year.

We have Swannie who will be spending more time in the forward line who can take a strong grab but also is great at ground level.

And I believe Broomhead will take Blairs spot and provide us with crumbing and zip in the forward line. On top of that I imagine we will have the midfield rotating through at time to time.

Exciting times ahead!

I honestly believe we will have a dangerous Forward line next year, we have Cloke and Moore with the added possibility of Ben Reid.

We have Fasalo, Elliot and Howe who are both a handful as they play much taller than they are. Some people are discounting Fasalo but he was terrific in the last half of the year.

We have Swannie who will be spending more time in the forward line who can take a strong grab but also is great at ground level.

And I believe Broomhead will take Blairs spot and provide us with crumbing and zip in the forward line. On top of that I imagine we will have the midfield rotating through at time to time.

Exciting times ahead!
Agree, and a resting Treloar and Pendles will be dangerous up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exciting times ahead!

Our forward line will only look dangerous if Cloke can return to his best.

If Cloke struggles then it's a mediocre at best forward line, with White Fasolo Howe and a 2nd year Darcy Moore solid players without being stars, and Elliot inconsistent.

Watching a replay of the Collingwood, Melbourne Queens birthday clash, if not for Howe, Melbourne would have been 10 goals down at quarter time, was involved in everything.
I'm sure Roos has his reasons for playing him in defense, but Howe in every sense is a natural leading forward.

If Howe gets a good run at the ball, he's unstoppable in the air, and Cloke when he leads up the ground leaves massive space behind him.
If the two, alongside Elliott, could work in tandem, we could have a very exciting forward structure.

Watching a replay of the Collingwood, Melbourne Queens birthday clash, if not for Howe, Melbourne would have been 10 goals down at quarter time, was involved in everything.
I'm sure Roos has his reasons for playing him in defense, but Howe in every sense is a natural leading forward.

If Howe gets a good run at the ball, he's unstoppable in the air, and Cloke when he leads up the ground leaves massive space behind him.
If the two, alongside Elliott, could work in tandem, we could have a very exciting forward structure.
i agree he has got that dangerous ability down forward!

Hoping to see Howe take a screamer on Elliott who was about to take a screamer on Cloke who was about to take a screamer on Witts.
Who was about to take a screamer on Cox

Think this becomes a choose your own adventure story
If you wish Cox to take a screamer and make Jarryd Blair on the bottom of the pack, turn to page 36.

If you wish to spare Jarryd an almost certain death under the weight of several giants, turn to page 62.

His problem is he is mentally weak under pressure. His technique has been worked on for over a decade, it ain't getting better.

Not even sure it's under pressure.. I think he's just mentally weak when it comes to kicking for goal, I have never noticed him any better when under pressure. Something must have happened at some point as a junior/early years to cause this kind of issue IMO. Can't see it lasting forever for no reason, particularly after having a few particularly dominant years.

The more this trade sinks in the happier I feel because it seriously lessons the likelihood of the two ruckmen playing together :)

A forward 50 of Cloke, White, Moore, Elliott, Howe and Fasolo with Broomhead, Varcoe, JDG and Reid/ Pendles rotating through as circumstances dictate is exciting, IMO. Throwing one of Witts or Grundy into that mix would certainly be deflating!

The more this trade sinks in the happier I feel because it seriously lessons the likelihood of the two ruckmen playing together :)

A forward 50 of Cloke, White, Moore, Elliott, Howe and Fasolo with Broomhead, Varcoe, JDG and Reid/ Pendles rotating through as circumstances dictate is exciting, IMO. Throwing one of Witts or Grundy into that mix would certainly be deflating!

We'd only play both if one of Moore/white's form didn't warrsnt selection so let's hope they both have career best seasons :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jeremy Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back