Player Watch Jeremy Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Not enough love for this man.

Smashed from behind by Cameron when he was in the process of kicking the ball.

He had no way of defending himself.

It was deliberate attempt to hurt him and it did.

3 broken ribs that could have easily seen him out of the game and Brisbane Premiers.

This all happened with 18:28 left so almost an entire quarter left to play.

He played on however and became a Collingwood legend in the process.
The ball was 10ft away when Cameron hit him, it could have punctured his lung easily and as you sumised correctly it was done with intended purpose of hurting Howe,it was blatant foul play and he should get weeks for it.

Howe has had an amazing career. Showing my ignorance again, when we recruited him from Melbourne I thought he was ‘just’ an aerialist. How wrong I was. Also - was Jeremy part of a trade involving Lumumba? It’s so long ago I can’t recall.
Varcoe was Lumumba I think - a three way trade between us, Melbourne and Geelong.

We got Jezza for Ben Kennedy and the draft pick we got for Seedsman. Seedsman was good for Adelaide they did well, but Melbourne lost an absolute ripper.

Howe has had an amazing career. Showing my ignorance again, when we recruited him from Melbourne I thought he was ‘just’ an aerialist. How wrong I was. Also - was Jeremy part of a trade involving Lumumba? It’s so long ago I can’t recall.

More importantly, Howie has never sported an offensively bad hairstyle.

Nobody has ever seen Jeremy eat a Hawaiian pizza.

He's a keeper.

On a serious note, he's as tough as teak; much more than an aerialist.

More importantly, Howie has never sported an offensively bad hairstyle.

Nobody has ever seen Jeremy eat a Hawaiian pizza.

He's a keeper.

On a serious note, he's as tough as teak; much more than an aerialist.
Thanks J - I appreciate you're kind words

Classic Film Trapeze GIF by Warner Archive

What about when he dyed his hair white?

This shows that even the best of us can make criminally bad mistakes.

As VP said, let's treat this as an aberration.

Having eaten Hawaiian pizza in the past (in a drunken state), I'm far from perfect. Will not cast a stone.

Not sure why that bump by Cameron isn’t being spoken about or reported.
Probably because he never knocked him out but broken ribs awfully painful for weeks and are often lead to a punctured lung.There was far more intent to injured an opponent in that bump than there was by Maynard but that is alright it is only a Collingwood player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This shows that even the best of us can make criminally bad mistakes.

As VP said, let's treat this as an aberration.

Having eaten Hawaiian pizza in the past (in a drunken state), I'm far from perfect. Will not cast a stone.
Are you geared up for Spring BBQs?

Summer Grilling GIF by Kohl's

Anyone reckon Howe will feature more up forward in 2024? Jacob Ryan getting better, and there's Dan going down up forward. Plus when you see we have recruited 2 half back flankers, and 2 of our SSP train ons are defenders. And Howes the only defender who could retire from our list in the next 5 years. The competition for spots there is heating up.
Plus Howe seemed to play the defensive forward role against Brisbane in rd 23, so he has that trick up his sleeve that Dan performs. So his value for 2024 has increased with Dan going down with his flexibility to swing or possible play forward more permanent.

Anyone reckon Howe will feature more up forward in 2024? Jacob Ryan getting better, and there's Dan going down up forward. Plus when you see we have recruited 2 half back flankers, and 2 of our SSP train ons are defenders. And Howes the only defender who could retire from our list in the next 5 years. The competition for spots there is heating up.
Plus Howe seemed to play the defensive forward role against Brisbane in rd 23, so he has that trick up his sleeve that Dan performs. So his value for 2024 has increased with Dan going down with his flexibility to swing or possible play forward more permanent.

No.

Thank goodness Fly knows what he's doing & left Howe in defence.

And it made watching May & his fellow defenders run around like headless chooks trying to keep up with Wilba, Freddy & Big Bill even more entertaining down the other end.

Funnily enough he mentioned in his postgame wanting to play Howe forward at some stage. He made the right call for sure

He was back to something like his best form, which was great to see, because he looked like he was struggling a few weeks back.

First game since his broken arm that he’s attacked the ball in the air so aggressively, maybe there was some hesitancy before given the severity of the injury. But he looks to be over whatever mental demons were there which is a good thing.

I didn’t get the sense that he was holding back due to his arm. I wonder if he gave himself more of a license to fly for balls this week simply because Melbourne only really has one forward, and he didn’t have to be as defensively accountable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jeremy Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back