Player Watch Jeremy Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Howe vs Crisp is an interesting debate
Hard to compare given Crisp was a no name 6th gamer when we recruited him as steakknives so, whilst Howe obviously an established quality player.

Howe is probably the best established player traded in since Bucks.

( yeah bucks was only him his second year too but was already an established high profile star)

Hard to compare given Crisp was a no name 6th gamer when we recruited him as steakknives so, whilst Howe obviously an established quality player.

( yeah bucks was only him his second year too but was already an established high profile star)
Darren Jolly and Luke Ball

Anthony Rocca? He's a bit different too given we had Sav, but he did play for Sydney

I didn’t get the sense that he was holding back due to his arm. I wonder if he gave himself more of a license to fly for balls this week simply because Melbourne only really has one forward, and he didn’t have to be as defensively accountable.

They look to mark it more often when they're more worried about the small forwards than the tall forwards.

Licuria was from Sydney too IIRC.
Absolutely although like crisp he was pretty much a young hopeful nobody. Except unlike crisp he was also a major injury risk with two knee recos already as a junior. The knees turned out fine so he was a great pickup.

EDIT

According to Wikipedia the swans drafted Licuria partly because ARocca was one of his best mates and hopefully that would encourage Rocca to stay in Sydney. That trick certainly failed!

Trading in a bloke who went on to garner two B&Fs and two AAs wasn't terrible. Jimmy Clement for the win!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Medhurst and throw in Chris Tarrant for sentimental reasons

Anyone else want to see Howey as a permanent forward for next few games. Forward line of Howey, Checkers, Krueger, Hill, Shooter and Jordy. Means Frampton goes back were he belongs and Dean doesn't get dropped. I reckon Krueger can chop out DC for 10%. Howey seems a natural forward, leads, takes spekkys, good kick and will demand a quality oppo defender which could release Checkers and Krueger. Could prolong his career and be a great way to finish his career kicking some goals . You know I'm right.

Anyone else want to see Howey as a permanent forward for next few games. Forward line of Howey, Checkers, Krueger, Hill, Shooter and Jordy. Means Frampton goes back were he belongs and Dean doesn't get dropped. I reckon Krueger can chop out DC for 10%. Howey seems a natural forward, leads, takes spekkys, good kick and will demand a quality oppo defender which could release Checkers and Krueger. Could prolong his career and be a great way to finish his career kicking some goals . You know I'm right.
I think we like Howe in defence and only to move forward as needed.

more likely to see him pinch hit up forward as he gets on but his ability to win it back at half back is crucial.

I’ve thought exactly this for years while Checkers has been fighting the good fight as a lone wolf KPF. It’s been the general view that Howey couldn’t be spared from the backline. Whether or not that was correct, the situation has changed now, with Frampton demonstrating he is a competent defender and Dean progressing visibly. I think the benefits from moving him forward would exceed the costs in defence.

I'd keep him there for now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jeremy Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back