Player Watch Jeremy Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

TradeDraft I want to apologise for stealing your thunder with the welcome thread.. I will leave the Aish and Trelour deal for you to do what you do best. Happy posting!!

Good guy Matt.

286fadfde3.jpg

Port must be laughing at this trade, they've given up literally nothing for a former pick 4.

We should've got a better pick back in return for giving up Kennedy and Seedsman

We could probably give up pick 50 for Jack Watts, a former #1. The only thing separating the two players is that Watts has at least shown he can play at AFL level.

Because it's his thing. And he is quite a liked poster on here.

Why not? What joy would one possibly get of denying Dave this?
Joy? Were do you get that from?

I guess I like everyone to have the same opportunity.

TradeDraft I want to apologise for stealing your thunder with the welcome thread.. I will leave the Aish and Trelour deal for you to do what you do best. Happy posting!!

Thanks Mate but I have others who might beat me.

Though I have the Treloar Thread ready to Post

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IT's basically Kennedy for Howe IMO. I think Kennedy is going to be good.

How do you figure that? Do you not rate Seedsman? The pick we got us as good as useless.

To be frank I don't really know if it's a good trade or not. Howe is very difficult to value given he has been a one trick pony so far in his career.

I think we got dudded but time will tell

I hope I'm wrong and all our players are guns and we win 5 flags. Unfortunately I think we are miles off it. WSe will improve over the next 2 years but then we will be a fair bit short of winning a flag and with no top end draftees over the preceding 2 years.
Colour me optimistic but I disagree with your appraisal of our list. What I've seen over the last two years can be looked at a couple of different ways but I believe that our second halves of both seasons were inevitable with a young inexperienced list. Add to the natural tendency of underdeveloped players to fall away as seasons roll on and niggling injuries and fatigue set in the fact that we had too many of our more experienced players unavailable especially late in 2014 and I'm hopeful of a quantum improvement in 2016. Of course luck always plays a big part but going by what these kids were able to do in the front half of both seasons and now have significantly more development into them, I am excited to think what might be possible. What's more, that doesn't even take into account the potential of adding some more developed players to the list if we are adding Howe and potentially Treloar and/or Aishe.

I certainly see the other side of the discussion but I'm reasonably convinced that the main thing holding the side back has been lack of experience. That situation doesn't fix itself overnight but I suspect that some of our kids are ready to break out while others will be better prepared to take on a full season. Rose coloured glasses? Maybe but I believe justified.

How do you figure that? Do you not rate Seedsman? The pick we got us as good as useless.

To be frank I don't really know if it's a good trade or not. Howe is very difficult to value given he has been a one trick pony so far in his career.

I think we got dudded but time will tell
I'm a little in your camp on this trade. Too early to judge value until we see what Howe can produce. We know he can be spectacular but whether or not he can produce good consistent and disciplined footy we will have to wait and see. My hope is that his obvious enthusiasm for the game can be translated in a similar way to what Daisy achieved in 2010/11 but that's a big call. Jury is definitely out on this one I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jeremy Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back