Player Watch Jeremy Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Who cares if he's tough or not.
He has skill and fulfils a need for us.

And Kick Straight for Goal and That is why we lost quite a few games. So he can help us kick a Bigger Score

Yes patience is a virtue but do you honestly believe our list is ready to challenge any time soon even with Howe, Treloar and Aish?
I'd say for that to happen Aish needs to surprise us all by turning into a gun as getting Treloar will be offset by losing Swanny pretty soon.

What MarkT2 is saying is we're undergoing the second wave of the rebuild but at the same time won't have the access to elite youngsters in this and next years draft and that won't help our rebuild one bit. Unless of course we trade a proven player again but this won't help our cause either.

I can accept the premise that we won have access to elite young talent in next years draft given we are likely trading our 1st rd pick next year however we are getting access to elite young talent this year by trading in treloar.

So we really we miss out one 1 potentially elite player next year but get a known elite player this year. Surely that helps our rebuild not hinders it

Are you talking this year or since Bucks grabbed the broom.
We have plenty of potential and exciting youngsters in Degoey, Crisp, Marsh, Maynard, Williams, Burger, Frost, Langdon, Grundy, Witts, Moore, Elliot, Adams, Broomhead & don't forget the BIG SHOW. Soon to add Treloar & Aish. Couple this with Pendles, Sidebottom, Reid, Greenwood, Sinclair, Cloke and future trades and we are looking strong. It's not an exact science and some will obviously perform and develop better than others. To suggest it's a misfired rebuild is ridiculous. BK is not upto it and Seeds has had his opportunity and TBH is soft as butter. I hope he makes it and good luck to him but I can't see it. There will be plenty more to come and go over time as we do what we need to do to build longterm success.
The rebuild started by Buckley was premature and has misfired.

Upside??

Both Seedo and Kennedy would have languished in the 2's next year. Kennedy will get games because it's Melbourne but I find it hard to see Seedsman being in Adelaides best 22.
I agree re Kennedy but Seedsman is as good as Howe as a player. He'll be best 22 at Adelaide like Wellingham is at WCE. They will both be best 22 players in sides above us on the ladder.

I thought that thread was supposed to be about Buckley's coaching?

Start a different megathread then if you think it's all that different, just keep it out of this one thanks. I like knowing which threads I should never touch with a 100ft pole and I don't see why I should have to add one about Jeremy Howe to that list...

I thought that thread was supposed to be about Buckley's coaching?

Really? Best tell that to some of the regular posters because they are still harping on about the succession plan and the dismantling of the greatest Collingwood side of all time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome Jeremy Howe! Looking forward to seeing you run around in the black and white next year. Good luck!

BenKen & the Seed were fringe players, and both got to the club of their choice. Good luck fellas.
We get an instant best 22 player, who has missed 1 game in 4 years, and genuinely wants to be here. I like it.

Howe 25
Treloar 23
Aish 20 (by the time the season begins)

All three slot into the best 22 (assuming we get them all).
So which best 22 player have we lost this year? :)
Don't even mention the two first rounders, they are unproven, and could be the next Toumpas/Freeman.

Exciting times ahead! :D

Kennedy is an absolute burn merchant. Couldn't direct a kick after years on the list so extracted some value while the going was good. Seedsman is a reasonable player but our half-back and wing options now are better so really Howe for Seedsman is pretty like for like and needs based.

Moore, Grundy, Scharenberg, DeGoey, Treloar, Crisp, Greenwood, Langdon, Marsh, Howe, Adams, Broomhead, Langdon, Ramsay, Maynard, Varcoe, Marsh, Cox, Aish.

Perhaps you need to step back a bit to smell the roses.
I have stood back and that's why I can smell them. Broomhead is on a par with Seedsman. Adams can't kick. We don't have Treloar or Aish yet and if we get them we won't draft top end talent for 2 years. Moore I really like the look of and Grundy will be a good long term ruckman. Not sure how good but good enough. Varcoe is hardly young. Scharenburg has hardly played and frankly shown nothing. Hopefully he lives up to his draft position. Some do and some don't. There is no evidence for at this point. Most of the others have a hell of along way to go to and none are top end short of massive development. Langdon as I said will be solid at worst but he hasn't got any real spark to his game. Crisp is a solid player. There are plenty of them around. Cox hasn't even played a game. I do like the look of Marsh and, to a degree, Maynard but the former needs polish and the latter has a lot of development to do to make it. History says a few of those names won't make it. Hopefully most do but there simply isn't the top end talent.

Look, it's a decent list but it has cost us dearly and it is not capable of winning a flag IMO, which was the point of the rebuild and the inherent danger in the strategy.

Howe will be a regular. Seedsman and Kennedy weren't ever going to be regulars going off their seasons spent at Collingwood, I think we got a reasonable deal. Not overs , not unders. Kennedy in my opinion was late 2nd round at best and 32 for Seedsman sounds right. So I see it as pick 35ish and 32 for Howe which is more than fair. But that's just my opinion, I guess I don't rate players on hype but their actual impact and what they've done and neither did enough for me, so welcome Jeremy Howe who is an extremely dangerous forward. People forget Melbourne averaged like 45 inside 50's this season and probably similar if not worse numbers for the past few seasons and he played back
Half the time and still kicked snags. I think his 190cm size is something were screaming out for, he could well be Moulded into a Gunston type of player, we'll see how it turns out, all speculation of course, we can't tell if the trade will work out for better or for worse but my tip is it will be a fair trade for all parties involved, port absolutely stole the show though and at least we've got someone!

I can accept the premise that we won have access to elite young talent in next years draft given we are likely trading our 1st rd pick next year however we are getting access to elite young talent this year by trading in treloar.

So we really we miss out one 1 potentially elite player next year but get a known elite player this year. Surely that helps our rebuild not hinders it
Of course getting Treloar helps us but like I said before it will be offset by the loss of Swanny who had a great 2015 yet we were light years away from challenging. So even if Treloar does reach the same heights as Swanny our list will still need an injection of elite youth to become a legitimate contender in a couple of years.
And given the cost of Treloar's and Aish's deal we won't have direct access to that and will rely on Hine unearthing a couple of late gems or trading some quality players.

I have stood back and that's why I can smell them. Broomhead is on a par with Seedsman. Adams can't kick. We don't have Treloar or Aish yet and if we get them we won't draft top end talent for 2 years. Moore I really like the look of and Grundy will be a good long term ruckman. Not sure how good but good enough. Varcoe is hardly young. Scharenburg has hardly played and frankly shown nothing. Hopefully he lives up to his draft position. Some do and some don't. There is not evidence for at this point. Most of the others have a hell of along way to go to and none are top end short of massive development. Langdon as I said will be solid at worst but he hasn't got any real spark to his game. Crisp is a solid player. there are plenty of them around. Cox hasn't even played a game.

Look, it's a decent list but it has cost us dearly and it is not capable of winning a flag IMO, which was the point of the rebuild and the inherent danger in the strategy,

Disagree. But love the way you put your nuts on the line.

Won't stop me, however, from cutting them off with a Dermott Brereton strut.

Last edited:
I have stood back and that's why I can smell them. Broomhead is on a par with Seedsman. Adams can't kick. We don't have Treloar or Aish yet and if we get them we won't draft top end talent for 2 years. Moore I really like the look of and Grundy will be a good long term ruckman. Not sure how good but good enough. Varcoe is hardly young. Scharenburg has hardly played and frankly shown nothing. Hopefully he lives up to his draft position. Some do and some don't. There is no evidence for at this point. Most of the others have a hell of along way to go to and none are top end short of massive development. Langdon as I said will be solid at worst but he hasn't got any real spark to his game. Crisp is a solid player. There are plenty of them around. Cox hasn't even played a game. I do like the look of Marsh and, to a degree, Maynard but the former needs polish and the latter has a lot of development to do to make it. History says a few of those names won't make it. Hopefully most do but there simply isn't the top end talent.

Look, it's a decent list but it has cost us dearly and it is not capable of winning a flag IMO, which was the point of the rebuild and the inherent danger in the strategy.
Excellent and spot on post but you forgot De Goey, even though I don't share all the brouhaha about him.

I'm not crying little fella, first part was a bit of a joke. Second part was yeah I would've liked a third rounder for BK, that's all, pick around 45-55.

Howe will help, I've posted as much as recently as last night.

I do have concerns over his type in finals though.

No need to get your panties in a bunch little doggie.

Snake Baker says hi

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jeremy Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Back