Traded Jesse Hogan [traded with #65 to Fremantle for #6 and #23]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the deal is pretty fair slightly in front of Frem not by much tho. like said before everyone goes on about 2 1st rounders but forget the fact normally a 2nd rounder going back the other way, we get a good end 1st pick and a early 2nd with only a 4th going back.

Flag ready backline there. Defensive quality and some good ball movers. IF you forget about the price paid and think of it as a player swap, Hogan for May, Melbourne have done just fine.
It's better than that though. It should be May, KK and pick 23 for Hogan.

I'm a bit perplexed by the over the top reactions.

Did we really though? The goal was to get May... i think a lot of people in Victoria are forgetting or dont know how good a KPD he really is.

You did what you needed to do, you'll be a better flag chance with May even though Hogan may be an overall better player.

At the end of the day win a flag and it's all worth it.

It actually not a terrible deal by Melbourne

Gain May, lose Hogan. Its probably as it stands a slight loss for Melbourne, but if Jesse continues to have issues with his foot the demons are laughing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo have smashed this trade period.

Questions need to be asked at Melbourne
We figured out which player on the market we wanted most, and we got him.

If only North could do the same.

Don't really get the Melbourne fans anger at this trade. I understand disappointment on losing a gun player but the fact remains he is damaged goods with that foot issue and you were never going to get two top 10 picks.

Plus the upside of having May means a back 6 of:

FB: Lever - May - Jetta
HB: Hibberd - Frost - Salem
and kolodjashnij

If it's May, KK and 23 then that's a pass mark.

Not every deal has to be hit out of the park or an absolute disaster.

Wait, what am I saying? It's Bigfooty. Of course it does.

In isolation this trade favors Fremantle but overall for the trade period both Fremantle and Melbourne have improved their lists. Win/Win

Questions are being asked... like why would any club want Dom Tyson?
I could ask the same of you giving a vfl ruckman 4 years.
We figured out which player on the market we wanted most, and we got him.

If only North could do the same.
There, there.

We missed one, the same one you missed out on.

In isolation this trade favors Fremantle but overall for the trade period both Fremantle and Melbourne have improved their lists. Win/Win
It's folly to just look at the trade in isolation. It's about the net outcome.

Agree that both parties would come out happy with this. A few clueless supporters aren't but what can you do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jesse Hogan [traded with #65 to Fremantle for #6 and #23]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back