Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon it’s been a build up of things.
Supporters were pretty dirty at him last year from his body language, efforts, some of his actions (going back to SA and not telling anyone, the ice bath incident) last season. And it was opposition supporters that were the most critical. I think Daicos’s year intensified the disappointment towards JHF as well.
But if you look back to a number of our games last year (not really sure why someone do that too themselves) but he was actually getting booed a little even back then. Fans were put off by him. Not north fans. We were making that many excuses for his efforts and actions, much like Port fans are now.

Then there was the trade request. Trades like this can go 2 ways. You see the Dunkley trade, where dogs fans will be disappointed that he wanted to be somewhere else other than their club. But none of them can accuse him of not busting his arse when he was at the bulldogs. Even though he wanted out, as a football he still did everything for the club when he was there. Doubt any dogs fans will give him stick.
I think if we saw effort last year from JHF and in the end he just wanted to be home, that’s one thing. But the blokes efforts from round 5 onwards were so poor. No respect shown to senior blokes. Once again, I think this rubbed the footy public up the wrong way. Not just north supporters.

And then we come to Kane Cornes. I’m sure JHF’s camp would have been like ‘many of the footy public aren’t going to be happy with this situation, so let’s keep a low profile and hopefully everyone just moves onto another story’. But old d***head in the media wasn’t having it. Having a crack at north, and pumping JHF like he was the greatest player in history, straight out of the manual of ‘what to do to make everyone hate you’.

The booing will continue for a little bit longer, then stop around mid season when everyone couldn’t care anymore. I reckon JHF has played this the right way. Has actually played well through the booing, and it doesn’t seem to be impacting him. Which is pretty much all he can do.

Cornes, King and the rest of the media clowns keep bringing it up is moth to a flame stuff. Not sure Joe Public will take anything Cornes says onboard. Actually, most likely the booing will continue as he wants it to stop.

Is booing illegal ?
Are the fans booing throwing any derogatory slurs at Simple Jase ?

No and No.
Play on then

All you holier than thou Karen’s need to mind your own business.
What do you reckon the fans screaming hanging over the fence are saying “ hi Jason, lovely day isn’t it?”

Why are you so salty about the kid getting boo’d then?
Surely you must understand with that attitude the kid will be universally disliked.
All these people who say it’s ok to boo, if their child got booed for leaving a workplace and abused, the families would be in therapy having a breakdown or turning up on acccurent affair. But a footy player? Ah yeah that’s ok.

I think it is an appropriate level of defensiveness, given the cheapness of the shot.
What, that Hood seems to be a bad judge of character? Kind of looks that way to me.

A cheap shot? Nah.

Disagree all you like but that is a rolled gold shot. Nothing cheap about it.

Ken showing much respect to JHF by not even giving him a single coaches vote...
View attachment 1663322
Ken doesn't know a lot, but maybe he knows that a 19 year old kid playing his role and showing what he is capable of for a quarter doesn't necessarily make him top 5 on the ground.

can you tell me what is apparently such a low act? a player wanted to leave your club. how is this a cloak and dagger dealing?? All i am hearing is emotional talking and reacting to a very good player wanting out. If pick 56 after 2 years on your list and no games wanted out and did so in similar fashion i doubt you would even blink an eyelid.

The Horne-Francis camp only wanted to be taken number 1 in the draft to have maximum bargaining power at the trade table, he was always going to go to Port, North were wary of the go home factor but were convinced to take him when he and his manager gave a deceptive song and dance about being committed to staying the course at North. That is a low act.
It just seems anytime a good player wants out, especially a young one, we have this obsession with claiming they are acting "dirty" or "unethical" when all that is happening is normal trade wheeling and dealings. It just seems to get alot of emotional attachment because it is a good player.

Other than maybe Tom Boyd I can't think of a situation that is similar to this one, people keep using Buckley as an example but he told everyone on no uncertain terms he was going to Collingwood one way or another, Brisbane agreed to take him for a single season for reasons of politics and pride. No one was blindsided. He was also a consummate professional, did everything notorious hard arsed coach Robert Walls asked him to do without sooking, and won the rising star award.
I for one have no emotional attachment to JHF himself, and although he has the potential to be a superstar, he has thus far played 3 stand out quarters in 22 games, so we lost a kid with serious potential, not Gary Ablett jr. My emotion is about why in the f**k they couldnt have just left us alone and have him spend a year at the Crows (wouldnt have to worry about being homesick ay?) and we could have got the players crom were offering.

I do wonder if the game will evolve to a point where we start handing out fines or kicking spectators out of games who decide to hang over the fence and get very verbally abusive towards these players as we see happened massively with ollie henry and even jack ginnivan has copped it, same with JHF...

there are not many careers or occupations in the world that allow employees to get verbally abused, and the AFL will surely stamp it out and crack down on some of the more severe stuff in the future.

I already said I didn't necessarily agree with booing the kid, but again, the same supporters who were calling for North to be relocated or just arseholed all together have been the ones doing the booing at recent games, so that should tell you it goes beyond being 'salty norf' and many many people think what he/his management team did was a shitty, soft low act.

What, that Hood seems to be a bad judge of character? Kind of looks that way to me.

A cheap shot? Nah.

Disagree all you like but that is a rolled gold shot. Nothing cheap about it.

Again, feel free to elaborate on why it "kind of looks" like Sonja "seems to be a bad judge of character".

Again, feel free to elaborate on why it "kind of looks" like Sonja "seems to be a bad judge of character".
Backing Clarko and Tarryn Thomas in. This is for different threads, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s not our problem. He’s yours.
Doesn’t make him any less of a dog
I know, its terrible right.
When the game was there to be won he grabbed the ball and played keepings off with the other 35 players on the park until he'd finished with it.

The fact he then handed to our forwards on a silver platter to cement himself as elite disposal inside 50 is only papering over the cracks.

Unlike cheezels who shared with Brisbane lots of times.

Funny, he started to do something only when Bont and Timmy were pulled in the last quarter by our coach. He was booed from the first bounce, managed 8 touches to 3/4 time, hardly motivated by the booing. We threw away a game we should have won.

Mind you Allir tripping Astro in the goal square for a 12 point turnaround ina game you won by 14 was also pretty crucial.
A coach and his midfield taking advantage of rotational mismatch, revolutionary stuff from Kenny it seems.

So would we get less for a 2pt win??

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back