Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

L O L

He was not impressed with the "culture" of North Melbourne, who could blame him wanting to get out of dodge asap.
North have been dog shit for years...compared to fitzroy.

But the whole culture thing seems to only be apparent from the time Judas was drafted till the time he left. Because everyone else is still there, signed contract extensions.

Where was the so called exodus that was meant to happen?

Hey you know what...maybe we'll take your advice......just draft the local Victorian lads and hope they don't leave to come back to Victoria. Yeah you really hit a home run with that one.

Hey you know what...maybe we'll take your advice......just draft the local Victorian lads and hope they don't leave to come back to Victoria. Yeah you really hit a home run with that one.

This is the JHF thread, his career is to be celebrated not denigrated by supporters who feel jilted. Players move clubs occasionally, you need to suck it up and let it go. Focus on the future not the past.

Nah, but it is coming up to 2 years now. I would hope that at some stage you and the other north fans will be in a position to let it go. He is just a bloke playing football after all.

I think you'll find that pretty much all North fans will agree that he is a very good player and will be a great player as his career continues.

But the guy treated our club like a door mat.

Surprise, surprise... the no 1 pick went to a struggling wooden spoon team. He came to our club and demonstrated little to no intent that he ever wanted to be there. So when he refused to follow team rules, potted senior players and whinged like a toddler, it's no real surprise that our fans sense this was all orchestrated from the beginning.

Whether he 'made a great call'... time will tell, I guess.

Draft tampering and as for the 2nd sentence...bolded bit is redundant if you draft a local.

Try again.
Got nothing to do with club culture at all...! being drafted in the worst club in the history of AFL/VFL who will go to win multiple spoons? What are your thoughts on Jackson requesting trade after 2 years? if he never intended to stay in Melbourne why get drafted to Melbourne in the first place?

Got nothing to do with club culture at all...! being drafted in the worst club in the history of AFL/VFL who will go to win multiple spoons?
Oh wow....I had no idea that the rules stated that if you get drafted to a team that's won multiple wooden spoons in recent years that you get a green light to leave that club immediately.

I guess someone forgot to tell Marc Murphy, Bryce Gibbs & Matthew Kreuzer ^the following^.

Oh wow....I had no idea that the rules stated that if you get drafted to a team that's won multiple wooden spoons in recent years that you get a green light to leave that club immediately.

I guess someone forgot tell Marc Murphy, Bryce Gibbs & Matthew Kreuzer ^the following^.
A rotten club culture? you had the number 1 pick for a reason! If you haven't noticed North's last 4 years been worse than Fitzroy. When Carlton won the spoon they won 4.5 games that year (3 and half the next year). You lost 87 out of the last 101 games.

A rotten club culture? you had the number 1 pick for a reason! If you haven't noticed North's last 4 years been worse than Fitzroy. When Carlton won the spoon they won 4.5 games that year (3 and half the next year). You lost 87 out of the last 101 games.
Look at you trying to justify that weasel's departure.

This isn't some game of Monopoly in which you can use a get out of jail card.

Look at you trying to justify that weasel's departure.

This isn't some game of Monopoly in which you can use a get out of jail card.
Players leave for a reason. Adelaide lost players for years and they blamed their club culture for that. Atleast they are honest. No one wants to come to North for that same reason too. Goodluck though getting more Tuckers and Louges.

Don't worry... we're well aware how s**t we've been.

JHF had to leave to have leadership around him. Sheezel and Wardlaw arrived at the same rabble but instead of running away are becoming the leaders.

The questions of JHF are not about his ability, but of his character

Don't worry... we're well aware how s**t we've been.

JHF had to leave to have leadership around him. Sheezel and Wardlaw arrived at the same rabble but instead of running away are becoming the leaders.

The questions of JHF are not about his ability, but of his character
What about Jackon's character? another top pick leaving early? no one claimed anything when our first round draft pick Ben Jacobs wanted to be traded to North for peanuts in a trade that we lost.

What about Jackon's character? another top pick leaving early? no one claimed anything when our first round draft pick Ben Jacobs wanted to be traded to North for peanuts in a trade that we lost.

I don't think it's worth arguing mate.
You're obviously always going to look at this through a PA lense.

There's a reason he was getting booed by fans of other teams (not just disgruntled North fans). You got your guy... and you know what... he'll be a bloody good player. Enjoy him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a reason he was getting booed by fans of other teams. You got your guy... and you know what... he'll be a bloody good player. Enjoy him.
Plenty of top picks have gone home early. He gets booed due to the whole ice bath saga started by Kane Cornes which just made matters worse and opened a whole new can of worms

This is the JHF thread, his career is to be celebrated not denigrated by supporters who feel jilted. Players move clubs occasionally, you need to suck it up and let it go. Focus on the future not the past.

This entire thread was about him leaving, and the whys and wherefores of the situation. Not about celebrating his career.

This entire thread was about him leaving, and the whys and wherefores of the situation. Not about celebrating his career.
Rubbish.This has come down to his career now. Now ever clanger of his is being celebrated, ever FAs gets 10 posts. On why he left ..been done to death. Just read the last 20 pages and tell me how this is only about him leaving?

Seems part of the North’s fans beef is that “he never wanted to come here”.

I think we underestimate how many players get drafted and plan to leave at the earliest opportunity.

If a club values a player it’s up to them to give them incentive to stay, whether that’s culture, leadership, money, lure of success, opportunity, it’s up to the club to make it happen.

We drafted Curtin, knowing he’s a potential to return to WA. We took that risk and now it’s up to us to make him want to stay, if he asks to leave this year, so be it.

Remember, he was contracted, North had every right to keep him if they chose to. They let him go because they got a good deal. It’s time North supporters move on.

And if this is really about “character”, perhaps tell your club to stop idolising Wayne Carey.

I think we underestimate how many players get drafted and plan to leave at the earliest opportunity.

If a club values a player it’s up to them to give them incentive to stay, whether that’s culture, leadership, money, lure of success, opportunity, it’s up to the club to make it happen.

We drafted Curtin, knowing he’s a potential to return to WA. We took that risk and now it’s up to us to make him want to stay, if he asks to leave this year, so be it.

Remember, he was contracted, North had every right to keep him if they chose to. They let him go because they got a good deal. It’s time North supporters move on.

And if this is really about “character”, perhaps tell your club to stop idolising Wayne Carey.
Agreed, and to be honest I'd go a step further and suggest that in Norths case, where they're starting from a real low place, that there should be an emphesis on drafting local so that when those new draftees find themselves struggling at a club thats getting belted week after week, that they have the benefit of family around them for additional support.

Obviously thats good in hindsight and why this should be a learning experience for not only North but other clubs at the bottom for extended periods rather than using it as an opportunity to lay blame.

JHF didnt necessarily handle it as well as he could have and North made an error in judgement that allowing him to leave under contract went a long way to remedying, but North supporters have been pretty poor in how they've conducted themselves and the club should really call them out on it.

Rubbish.This has come down to his career now. Now ever clanger of his is being celebrated, ever FAs gets 10 posts. On why he left ..been done to death. Just read the last 20 pages and tell me how this is only about him leaving?

Probably didn't word that right, I meant why this thread was started in the first place. Read the first few pages.

Agree though that its pretty crazy that this thread keeps going, its a stalemate sh*tfight that neither side will budge on.

.....you do realize the kid/his manager gave your club the big old brass middle finger?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back