Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Righto, we’ve had the Power lense, now its time for the neutral. Certainly was MONUMENTAL tonight when the team got a run on, where is he when it isn’t all going his sides way. Don’t label him a superstar until he’s actually touching the thing when his side is up against it. Let’s also not get seduced by one goal that shouldn’t even of happened if Sweet had that free paid against him for his off the ball snipe, but good finish by the lad under pressure. He wasn’t a match winner with 4FA and only going at 52% DE and very disrespectful to lump him in with Bergman who was truly monumental especially late.

Again, let’s try not to overexaggerate his performance just to try over compensate for any criticism he receives.
But he's already done that numerous time, where he's been the one guy to turn the game around.

Norf fans where art thou, 15 disposals 4 clearances and a goal since half time.

Ha he did good in the second half and congrats on beating the Blues, and you're welcome.
We did after all touch them up and had them sore and sorry.
Don't think many neutrals would be upset seeing the Blues lose.

And good on you TP for being in this thread rain , hail or shine.

Righto, we’ve had the Power lense, now its time for the neutral. Certainly was MONUMENTAL tonight when the team got a run on, where is he when it isn’t all going his sides way. Don’t label him a superstar until he’s actually touching the thing when his side is up against it. Let’s also not get seduced by one goal that shouldn’t even of happened if Sweet had that free paid against him for his off the ball snipe, but good finish by the lad under pressure. He wasn’t a match winner with 4FA and only going at 52% DE and very disrespectful to lump him in with Bergman who was truly monumental especially late.

Again, let’s try not to overexaggerate his performance just to try over compensate for any criticism he receives.

Talk about NFI.

Horne-Francis has been probably our most impactful player this year. When the team gets a run on, it's because of his influence more often than not.

Was his performance last night the GOAT? No, noone is saying that, but acting as if he's just sme kind of opportunist that piggybacks on team success is nonsense.

A 3rd year player averaging 21.5 disposals and 1+ goal per game and people troll him like he is Cam Rayner. I am literally amazed at some peoples stupidity. He just turned 21 and of course he will learn and will have the occasional howler.. When he turns it on we almost always win. Monumental effort in the second half with 16 disposals 5 tackles and a clutch goal when we were down and out.

Both him and his twin brother Bergman will dominate for years to come. How many 3rd year players been match winners? Enjoy another loss tomorrow with 66 disposals from Sheezel.

He's tracking very well, I am not convinced he has the mental drive to be the best that he can be (as per another poster here), but time will tell.

Gets marked a bit harshly because another player in his draft is superior, and for bailing on North.

Clutch performance in the last. I'd rather 10 BOG minutes than a full game of stat padding à la sheezel.
Schnitzengruben 2022 Rising Star Votes for JHF 0. Club B&F did not make top 10. Dropped for being a sook and unprofessional.
2023 Rising Star Votes for Sheezel 54 (out of 55). Club B&F Winner. Played all games for the year. 2024 is on track for another B&F and future Captain.

That image of Hinkley dressing him down on the bench last week showed all we need to know about JHF. He can play in bursts and win matches. But it comes with this arrogance tax and hence half the posts on this site are about that. If If I hear another poster say he is only 21 and a kid, then I might just say he had shite parenting and no authority figures to tell him to pull his head in when he was younger.

He's tracking very well, I am not convinced he has the mental drive to be the best that he can be (as per another poster here), but time will tell.

Gets marked a bit harshly because another player in his draft is superior, and for bailing on North.
kids a bull and a jet,who is only going to build more weapons as the years go on.
pure focus on getting the ball and win at all cost.
plus, believes in himself

Schnitzengruben 2022 Rising Star Votes for JHF 0. Club B&F did not make top 10. Dropped for being a sook and unprofessional.
2023 Rising Star Votes for Sheezel 54 (out of 55). Club B&F Winner. Played all games for the year. 2024 is on track for another B&F and future Captain.

That image of Hinkley dressing him down on the bench last week showed all we need to know about JHF. He can play in bursts and win matches. But it comes with this arrogance tax and hence half the posts on this site are about that. If If I hear another poster say he is only 21 and a kid, then I might just say he had shite parenting and no authority figures to tell him to pull his head in when he was younger.
Again, Sheezel is not the comparison point on the JHF trade, Wardlaw is.

But then again, if you’re a North supporter, focusing on facts isn’t really gonna help your emotional health.

Keep the hate up!

Rage GIF

Dangerfield had athleticism, a good kick and game breaking speed. All JHF has is hmm, actually he has none of that. Maybe a bit of athleticism but not out of this world
You honestly think Dangerfield is a better kick than JHF?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's repeatedly said he wants to be the best player in the comp. He travelled to USA with Travis Boak on his own dime in the offseason to do additional training etc. The signs are there

Ha he did good in the second half and congrats on beating the Blues, and you're welcome.
We did after all touch them up and had them sore and sorry.
Don't think many neutrals would be upset seeing the Blues lose.

And good on you TP for being in this thread rain , hail or shine.
He has done that plenty of times this season, turned it on when we were down. I guess every other team was sore hey? Instead of giving him credit you start to pick on him...quite amazing. He is the MOST impactful player on our list, just ask any Port supporter he will tell you. When he is not getting his hands on the balls he kicks goals. How many mids have 1+ goals this season??

I'll never understand why people have to hate on players so much. JHF is young maturing player who needs some mentors to help him thrive. We've seen that his best is elite and he's currently building into a more consistent version of that best. What I saw last night in that last quarter was top tier. The guy could easily be the next Nathan Buckley.

Personally I think it's pathetic for people to hang crap on JHF, but I think that speaks more about those who are critical of him. If you love footy, why not love the players who give us the excitement we crave.

JHF has 25+ touches 7 times for Port with a 100% win rate.

If Sheezel, Davies Uniacke and Wardlaw all get 30+ touches, North will lose by 50 points.
Those three picked up 89 possessions and 15 tackles combined today.
Only lost by 40.
So agreed that they can’t be called downhill skiers.

That’s a fair slight on the supporting cast isn’t it?

Everything about him to me suggests Cam Rayner v2.0 . Think he ends up a majority of his time up forward cos he isnt fit enough for that full time midfield role

No disrespect to Cam Rayner but JHF is already well beyond the level of Rayner (who is almost 25 mind you)

I'd even hazard a guess that JHF's 1st or 2nd year stats would be similar to Rayner's current stats

JHFRayner
Disposals21.414.6
Goals1.11.1
Clearances5.92.6

Those three picked up 89 possessions and 15 tackles combined today.
Only lost by 40.
So agreed that they can’t be called downhill skiers.

That’s a fair slight on the supporting cast isn’t it?

Or maybe they're just not that good.

Was listening on the radio on my way home this arvo and commentators said north were already at the league average for clanger kicks part way through the second quarter. If it's not these three producing the clangers then the supporting cast must be really shit.

It might be in norths best interest to trade out some more talent for multiple picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back