Jim and Phil Krakouer - The Winners Rebooted Tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Same, had Jimmy's no.3 on my short sleeve guernsey and Phil's no.8 on my long sleeve as a kid. Loved it when they turned on the magic.

Yep. Me too. I grew up in Perth which at the time had a very strong NM connection (I was born in '74). Unfortunately I missed the great days of the late 70's but at least I saw a lot of the Krakouers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wats he up to?

He was hot one minute, then shit for 45 minutes.

Hot & cold with his footy. Post footy ;
The downturn in Good's football career coincided with a boom in his business career.

It's a story that deserves a detailed airing in the Financial Review or BRW.

After stints as a spray-painter, panel-beater and truck-driver, Good's big break came in 1982 when, at 23, he put his house up as collateral to join Peter Johnstone – a former next-door neighbour in Tasmania – and start up a company called Integrated Packaging.

The initial small-time venture grew to become a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of stretch film, predominantly used to wrap cartons on pallets.

"I left school in Year 10, which a lot of successful businessmen seem to have done, so Integrated (Packaging) was probably my degree," Good says.

The company really started kicking goals when it patented a revolutionary wrap for hay bales. They had no competition for eight years and enjoyed worldwide success.

"When I'm driving around the countryside and I see them, it's a nice feeling," he says.

At its peak under Good and Johnstone, company turnover reached $100 million.

The pair sold Integrated Packaging in 2007 for a sum Good declined to disclose.

In the early '90s they had also formed the Goodstone Group, which now owns 10 hotels and the Big Bargain Bottleshop chain in Tasmania, and boasts a turnover of about $45 million.

Times have been tough in Tassie, but Good now plans to promote the island state's wines online. Asked whether he is a wine connoisseur, Good says: "Well, I sample enough of it."

Good owns racehorses with ex-teammate Mark Dawson and former Collingwood captain Wayne Richardson. Their racing colours are the Kangaroos' royal blue and white.

"It's an expensive hobby but it's fun," says Good, who won the 2008 Caloundra Cup and the 2011 Launceston Cup with Fast Future.

Hot & cold with his footy. Post footy ;
The downturn in Good's football career coincided with a boom in his business career.

It's a story that deserves a detailed airing in the Financial Review or BRW.

After stints as a spray-painter, panel-beater and truck-driver, Good's big break came in 1982 when, at 23, he put his house up as collateral to join Peter Johnstone – a former next-door neighbour in Tasmania – and start up a company called Integrated Packaging.

The initial small-time venture grew to become a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of stretch film, predominantly used to wrap cartons on pallets.

"I left school in Year 10, which a lot of successful businessmen seem to have done, so Integrated (Packaging) was probably my degree," Good says.

The company really started kicking goals when it patented a revolutionary wrap for hay bales. They had no competition for eight years and enjoyed worldwide success.

"When I'm driving around the countryside and I see them, it's a nice feeling," he says.

At its peak under Good and Johnstone, company turnover reached $100 million.

The pair sold Integrated Packaging in 2007 for a sum Good declined to disclose.

In the early '90s they had also formed the Goodstone Group, which now owns 10 hotels and the Big Bargain Bottleshop chain in Tasmania, and boasts a turnover of about $45 million.

Times have been tough in Tassie, but Good now plans to promote the island state's wines online. Asked whether he is a wine connoisseur, Good says: "Well, I sample enough of it."

Good owns racehorses with ex-teammate Mark Dawson and former Collingwood captain Wayne Richardson. Their racing colours are the Kangaroos' royal blue and white.

"It's an expensive hobby but it's fun," says Good, who won the 2008 Caloundra Cup and the 2011 Launceston Cup with Fast Future.
Know him well, is a ripper! Very successful!

I was at that game with my dad, uncles, and cousins. As my brother and I were little tacklers I remember walking around the terrace areas collecting the old steel fosters cans, piling em up to stand on so we could catch a glimpse. Reckon my uncles gave it a good nudge to help build the pile, judging by their choice words for the "white maggots",,,,,,,ah memories. I forced my boys to watch it, even they (heathen rugby union players) commented on their hand skills compared to the other players. Looking back, in a lot of ways, they invented the modern game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jim and Phil Krakouer - The Winners Rebooted Tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back