Autopsy JLT Community Series - Game 2, 2019: Western Bulldogs v St.Kilda

Who Wins?

• Bulldogs

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Saints

Votes: 46 85.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Gresham starting fwd and finishing qtrs in the middle will help... poor today..

JB at home on a wing pushing fwd, keep him there..

Marshall horrific ruckwork but good everywhere else..

Liked Hind early, same Parker and good to have Longy back..

Dunstans best game for some time, well done

Marshall had at least 11 to advantage and that was a quarter to go. Completely overated ruckwork based on that stat alone as we got killed in the middle so Marshall plays because he is clearly our best ruck around the ground and by a huge margin. And can take a forward and defensive mark which is vital for rucks.

Paddies first? And second?
Haven't seen first half.

3rd and 4th we had it in our 50 for ages and plenty of pushes, incorrect disposals, poor tackles, and not a sausage. The moment it went into Dogs 50, free kick.
Awfully inconsistent

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ok the positives out of both games is we are ahead of last years practice form. We have a different game plan. Slower and hold possession. Not sure that will work against better sides but its a plan. On the side round one well I think Phillips and Wilkie are out from this side. Then there is one small forward to go. Based on practice form I think Parker is behind Lonie and Long so he is out. One back will be out so its out of Hind and Savage. Savage holds his spot so Hind out. That's 4 so unless someone comes in that's it. The others who could be in trouble are Marshall and Dunstan. If Steven plays Dunstan is out and if they decide on Pierce then Marshall is out. Im sticking with Marshall. The others who could play but doubt it because of no real pre season form is Acres and Mckenzie. I think they miss out.

Unfortunately I haven't seem much to suggest a huge improvement but should be gradual.
Always looking at the bright side of life Plugs!

Mark it down my friend....Dunstan will play Rd 1 and so he bloody well should!

That is a worry. better teams will kick a lot of goals from centre clearance if we cannot fix that.
True, but with Bont, Libba, Wallis, Dunkley and co they have a very good inside division, and they were full strength in there, while we were missing Stuv (top 6 in the comp for centre clearances last year) and Hanners (who may or may not play, or be any good). And Gresh had a mare. We also had Kent in there for periods, which we may not go with in season.

Ok so if Steven plays how does it set up. Unsure how that post is even slightly negative. Weird
Not weird at all...We lost both JLT games last year...This year we won both so clearly in better shape and you picked Marshall and Dunstan out
As two who should be dropped and they were both among our best today!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marshall had at least 11 to advantage and that was a quarter to go. Completely overated ruckwork based on that stat alone as we got killed in the middle so Marshall plays because he is clearly our best ruck around the ground and by a huge margin. And can take a forward and defensive mark which is vital for rucks.
Both will get smashed by Witts in the ruck so may as well take his efforts around the ground and fwd.

Not weird at all...We lost both JLT games last year...This year we won both so clearly in better shape and you picked Marshall and Dunstan out
As two who should be dropped and they were both among our best today!
I said it was positive that we won both and picked Marshall in and dunstan in if Steven doesn’t play. Maybe re read it

If Steven is back in the side for round 1 I’d drop Lonie or Parker and move Gresh forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The problem that is we would have 3 mids who have no real ability to play elsewhere and then Steven must play in the middle as he is our best mid. The side has to have balance

I said it was positive that we won both and picked Marshall in and dunstan in if Steven doesn’t play. Maybe re read it
I have looked at it again and in hindsight was a little harsh on the looking at the bright side and with Marshall ;)
But tell me even with Stevo in why would Dunstan be the one to make way?

Ok the positives out of both games is we are ahead of last years practice form. We have a different game plan. Slower and hold possession. Not sure that will work against better sides but its a plan. On the side round one well I think Phillips and Wilkie are out from this side. Then there is one small forward to go. Based on practice form I think Parker is behind Lonie and Long so he is out. One back will be out so its out of Hind and Savage. Savage holds his spot so Hind out. That's 4 so unless someone comes in that's it. The others who could be in trouble are Marshall and Dunstan. If Steven plays Dunstan is out and if they decide on Pierce then Marshall is out. Im sticking with Marshall. The others who could play but doubt it because of no real pre season form is Acres and Mckenzie. I think they miss out.

Unfortunately I haven't seem much to suggest a huge improvement but should be gradual.
Won't it be three out, seeing as Brown is suspended?
Wilkie, Phillips and one other.
Personally think that Sinclair could be in that discussion with Lonie/Parker. Very underwhelming.

I have looked at it again and in hindsight was a little harsh on the looking at the bright side and with Marshall ;)
But tell me even with Stevo in why would Dunstan be the one to make way?
He most likely won’t but where does he play when not in the middle. Same goes for Steele and Ross. This happened last year and many whinged about Steele being on the wing. Well if we have to many who can’t play elsewhere then the same thing will have to happen. And it will mean gesh and Clark hardly get a run in the middle

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy JLT Community Series - Game 2, 2019: Western Bulldogs v St.Kilda

Back