Player Watch Joe Richards (Trade to Port Adel. requested)

Remove this Banner Ad

You could match a 4 year deal but won't?

He's obviously surplus to needs at Collingwood.

Ports 2nd round pick.

If he requested a trade, I think we'd say yes to that, particularly if a club agreed to accept it for someone we're targetting, eg, Keane to Collingwood rumours.

Why would we want Keane. Haven’t we had enough failed Irish experiments?
We need another tall defender - Frampton is useful depth but he is a space cadet. I haven't watched many Adelaide games this year, so I've got no idea whether Keane should be a target - but that's been the rumour for a while with him supposedly having requested a trade. Lot of smoke around it.

We need another tall defender - Frampton is useful depth but he is a space cadet. I haven't watched many Adelaide games this year, so I've got no idea whether Keane should be a target - but that's been the rumour for a while with him supposedly having requested a trade. Lot of smoke around it.
Hopefully it’s nothing more than a rumour, although most rumours involving ordinary players transpire for Collingwood.

It was future picks and we did better than expected in 2018 and there was a lot of matching that swallowed up picks, so he ended up not costing much - despite the ongoing hullaballoo.

It was something in the ball park of pick 35 for Murray and pick 45.

It was future picks and we did better than expected in 2018 and there was a lot of matching that swallowed up picks, so he ended up not costing much - despite the ongoing hullaballoo.

It was something in the ball park of pick 35 for Murray and pick 45.

A second and third round pick would be a good outcome.

We offered Ed Allan and Nick Daicos 4 year contracts when they hadn’t even played a game?

Obviously Richards isn’t of the profile of Allan and Daicos, but it shows that 4 year contracts for inexperienced players aren’t out of the question.
Nick was a gold-plated certainty and Ed has the size, speed and bloodlines, so seemed a pretty good bet.
Joe's is quite a different situation.

Geez Fly is going off script and may ruffle some of our recruiters feathers saying we want a tall key forward. He even mentioned a Curnow/Mckay type.

Is he trying to break with tradition or reading BF? 🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That's Fly taking the piss.
He's made some wonderful sly comments at his pressers in recent weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Frampton description is spot on.

Space Cadet is how id describe Keane , im not sold on him. Watch us pay a ridiculous amount to get him

Space Cadet is how id describe Keane , im not sold on him. Watch us pay a ridiculous amount to get him
Hasn’t Keane just gone back home (again) this week for family reasons? Not saying this isn’t ok but possible flight risk again to re-sign?

Keane still makes some errors but I wouldn't call him a space cadet. He's instinctively better then Frampton and not reactionary.

I reckon he is improving with every game and is a better fit for our style.

does Eyre have a future in defence?

does Eyre have a future in defence?
Don't know. Hope so. Dean migjt too. But we're in flag mode. I don't think you'd plan to go into your season with them as best 22 yet. You'd be hopeful he could, but would want someone a it more likely to deliver next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Joe Richards (Trade to Port Adel. requested)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back