Player Watch Joe Richards (Trade to Port Adel. requested)

Remove this Banner Ad

He could be a decent Noble replacement if our forwardline is full. But he could also be good trade bait but we must get full value or more. Letting him go for anything less than a second round after drafting him with a 3rd would be continuing the tradition of our weak negotiating at the trade table.

Like Noble I’d rather pies keep him.

But if power are offering him 3 years + clauses for a 4th… then they can pay at a minimum pick 37 plus a future 3rd (mcguane points)

If Noble and Richards leaving will help land a better prospect in mcguane… I can live with that

And I think a few coming through plus a savvy mature age pick up could adequately cover these personnel loses

considering the terms on offer with $$$ and security …the one thing Joey should be looking at is …one coach won’t be there beyond next year whereas the other is just getting warmed up in his tenure.

Its true. We have upped it to 3 years in the last week.

Here:

Offer him 3. Now,if Port want him that badly we will get compensated well.
Lord straight swap or Houston and our future first. They also get Richards.
Not an expert but I think that sounds reasonable.
Richards to date has done SFA. A great game or two.

He's still deciding

PIE STILL TOSSING UP OPTIONS​

COLLINGWOOD and Port Adelaide are still waiting on a decision from Joe Richards as the small forward weighs up offers from both clubs.

Richards has met with the Power as he ponders a three-year deal to move to the South Australian club, while he is also considering a similar offer to remain at the Pies for 2025 and beyond.

Alongside Giants midfielder James Peatling, who is assessing significant interest from as many as six clubs, Richards is now one of the last players still to decide on their future ahead of the Trade Period starting on Monday.

The 24-year-old enjoyed a breakthrough year at Collingwood this season, playing his first nine games of senior football before a series of injuries hampered his progress in the back half of the campaign.

Port Adelaide has emerged as the main rival for his signature and could redouble its efforts to lure Richards having missed out on free agency targets Isaac Cumming and Harry Perryman to Adelaide and Collingwood respectively in recent days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's still deciding

PIE STILL TOSSING UP OPTIONS​

COLLINGWOOD and Port Adelaide are still waiting on a decision from Joe Richards as the small forward weighs up offers from both clubs.

Richards has met with the Power as he ponders a three-year deal to move to the South Australian club, while he is also considering a similar offer to remain at the Pies for 2025 and beyond.

Alongside Giants midfielder James Peatling, who is assessing significant interest from as many as six clubs, Richards is now one of the last players still to decide on their future ahead of the Trade Period starting on Monday.

The 24-year-old enjoyed a breakthrough year at Collingwood this season, playing his first nine games of senior football before a series of injuries hampered his progress in the back half of the campaign.

Port Adelaide has emerged as the main rival for his signature and could redouble its efforts to lure Richards having missed out on free agency targets Isaac Cumming and Harry Perryman to Adelaide and Collingwood respectively in recent days.
What’s there to decide?
A three year deal to play for the greatest club in the universe.
He’s insane if he goes to Port.

What’s there to decide?
A three year deal to play for the greatest club in the universe.
He’s insane if he goes to Port.
I think it's coming down to opportunities. Could be best 22 every week at port. They dont have many small forwards.

I think it's coming down to opportunities. Could be best 22 every week at port. They dont have many small forwards.
If he takes the perceived easy road then he’s not the player we want.

Well cant blame him.
he's almost 25, coming in a mature ager. Time isn't on his side.
He’s got a three year deal on the table with us. More than generous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Joe Richards (Trade to Port Adel. requested)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back