Player Watch Joe Richards (Trade to Port Adel. requested)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not often you see a guy come in completely unheralded and show the poise and skill that Joe Richards did for us this year so it is disappointing to lose him but he has to do what he feels is in his best interests.

Ultimately if his departure helps us snag Houston then we will have improved our list.

Last edited:
This was very nice of him. And honest. I don't blame him for being selfish and looking for more senior opportunities.

Could someone interpret that tweet,as it makes absolutely no sense to me,especially the last sentence.🥺

As for Richards,I’m sorry to see him go,as I thought he had real potential and could have been a good player for us.But when you think about it,he was probably about fifth in the pecking order at Collingwood,in regards to small forwards,behind Elliott,Hill,Mcreery and Schulz.So it probably makes more sense for him to go to Port Adelaide,where he would be given more opportunities.

Do we know the difference in the contract offers between us and Port?
We dont. Both three years. Port's was speculated to be 4, but confirmed as three; which makes me think there could be a trigger for a 4th. More money? Unsure, their cap would be close to tight you'd think.
But think it comes down to senior opportunity and if you look at their forward line in the finals, you imagine it's much easier to see a place there than the multiple forwards (plus mids who play forward) in our team.

Could someone interpret that tweet,as it makes absolutely no sense to me,especially the last sentence.🥺

As for Richards,I’m sorry to see him go,as I thought he had real potential and could have been a good player for us.But when you think about it,he was probably about fifth in the pecking order at Collingwood,in regards to small forwards,behind Elliott,Hill,Mcreery and Schulz.So it probably makes more sense for him to go to Port Adelaide,where he would be given more opportunities.
To interpret the tweet, i think Wallopfam is trying to be like Liam Gallagher from Oasis, especially with the use of "Biblical" (Just another word for Awesome or cool) & "Boombaklaats", which is the type of language Liam uses.

.....Anyway here's Wonderwall

Some burrito (Spanish for donkey) posted we only won 2023 flag cause of umpires.

I called him a peanut and said please do t bring you're tripe to another grand final please..

The truth hurts I suppose
Burro is actually Spanish for donkey. A burrito is a type of Mexican food.

Trending up, so the type we should be targeting. Like a few of our other smalls he’s got scope to play up the ground.

That said if it’s more dollars or a longer deal (triggers etc), I don’t fault him for looking after himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno an Al Salvadorian bird I've dated a couple of times told me this ...maybe it's different

Buena noches amigo
Apologies, you are correct. Burrito is a little donkey as well as a Mexican food. I wasn't aware of that one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Joe Richards (Trade to Port Adel. requested)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back