Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Joe Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

You've taken this so far the wrong way I actually can't believe it. No idea why ur coming up with all these bizarre ulterior motives for why i posted on here. just f*cking enjoy watching him play, that's all. thank you
Cheers for posting Sheeds. For what it is worth, I have watched a bit of Joe and definitely goes alright. As I have already posted he is an upgrade on all of our other tried small forwards other than Rioli. I have no doubt he would be a regular at Collingwood save for the four or five established types in from of him.

This deal could be pretty simple if we include Soldo?

Fringe for fringe type deals.

Richards > Port
Soldo > St Kilda
Pick 46 > Collingwood

Richards is only worth ports pick 59 and possibly future 4th rounder as steak knives at the very most. Shouldn't be involved in any deals with other players and/or clubs. Especially the Houston deal if it's done.

Cheers for posting Sheeds. For what it is worth, I have watched a bit of Joe and definitely goes alright. As I have already posted he is an upgrade on all of our other tried small forwards other than Rioli. I have no doubt he would be a regular at Collingwood save for the four or five established types in from of him.
Wte upgrading from players other clubs didn't want on their list to players other clubs didn't want in their best 22

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh chasing another small flakey flanker type, who doesnt really kick goals. Very consistent with the Cripps / Hinkley approach to a list build.

Going after Joe just muddies the water to devalue Houston, if Collingwood do indeed really want Dan. They will want to package this all up and get a discount, compared to doing 2 separate deals.

Last edited:
Meh chasing another small flakey flanker type, who doesnt really kick goals. Very consistent with the Cripps / Hinkley approach to a list build.

Going after Joe just muddies the water to devalue Houston, if Collingwood do indeed really want Dan. They will want to package this all up and get a discount, compared to doing 2 separate deals.
And it allows Collingwood to overvalue Richards.

And it allows Collingwood to overvalue Richards.
Which they and the Bigfooty crew are doing. Trying to make out some 9 game fringe player weighs heavily in to the deal. We need to make it clear they are 2 separate deals if we really have to deal with them over Houston.

Soldo is contracted and more proven.

Straight swap is selling ourselves short

The Soldo factor includes his cap hit. Not sure what he’s on, but it’d be more than the average backup ruckman.

Eh I doubt it’s much more. Sweet soldo vis would be one of the cheaper ruck contingents going around , in an era meh players like perryman are getting close to a mil.

Given what Ratugolea is on, I’d be surprised if Soldo is on less than $500k.

He was the name capture, Sweet was the unproven homecomer.

Hey Port fans. Scrolling through and seeing lots of you saying Richards is worth a fourth rounder or whatever. Just so you know, Joe is going to be a great get for you. His improvement from last year to this year was incredible. Really smart footballer, sharp around goals, can find the ball and uses it well. You'll be pleasantly surprised when you see him play. If he keeps improving like he did this year he will be a star.

Hey Port fans. Scrolling through and seeing lots of you saying Richards is worth a fourth rounder or whatever. Just so you know, Joe is going to be a great get for you. His improvement from last year to this year was incredible. Really smart footballer, sharp around goals, can find the ball and uses it well. You'll be pleasantly surprised when you see him play. If he keeps improving like he did this year he will be a star.
I don’t exactly doubt all that, but that doesn’t mean he fills the gap between pick 13 and what we want for Houston. He’s also 25, how do we know he hasn’t peaked lmao. Players don’t keep improving until they die, regression has to happen at some point too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Joe Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back