Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Cat B Rookie (2024) - Jacob Moss

Remove this Banner Ad

Judging by the angles of the camera shots, he's 14 feet tall. That would be handy. ;)

From the photo, looks like he has a fair wingspan, even beyond his 198cm. Looks physically ready too.

Well done Zakk Wylde for the early intel.

Welcome aboard, Temu BZT

View attachment 2051232

die the princess bride GIF

I'm assuming one of our other ruckman are out the door end of season then. Otherwise my concern is how do you develop these guys when you have 3 rucks running around in our reserves team looking for the same opportunities
I'd wager they would like to develop him as a FB who can pinch in the ruck. Could stamp Marshall's card for an exit

If Visentini and Ratugolea are selected for the Power this week it will leave ruck options for the Maggies very thin on the ground, and if that does happen it will be no great surprise if Moss debuts for them this weekend.

As per the opinions of others though 198 cm is a bit on the short side for a ruckman in the AFL, it is possible he may not have finished growing but if he has already reached his peak height he will definitely need a decent vertical leap if playing in the ruck is his preferred option.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good news!
Appears to have the height, strong build, athleticism and wingspan, plus he possesses a successful junior footy background, so his skills for this code should be adequate.
Coming from basketball, hopefully his peripheral vision and spatial awareness are good too.
It's a Cat 'B' spot so nothing to lose in trying him out for a season or two.

Welcome to the PAFC Jacob :D :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Cat B Rookie (2024) - Jacob Moss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back