Podcast Joe Rogan - Tricked again!

Remove this Banner Ad

Bingo

One of the mods cannot wrap his head around how far 'left' I am on some topics. I think it's Gethy

Yet when you disagree with them (not being far left on every single topic) you're a RWNJ...
I think it's funny that you still don't get a read on why I'm on here, burge.

I want to understand. I like knowing things, and testing my ideas. I've said for an awfully long time that labels are reductionist, that talking to people on the micro enables a much better sense of what they think and why they think it; that you do not adhere to much beyond objecting to things - which is what you spend the majority of your time on here doing - is interesting.

I can absolutely get my head around what you're doing. I'm interested in why.

I think it's funny that you still don't get a read on why I'm on here, burge.

I want to understand. I like knowing things, and testing my ideas. I've said for an awfully long time that labels are reductionist, that talking to people on the micro enables a much better sense of what they think and why they think it; that you do not adhere to much beyond objecting to things - which is what you spend the majority of your time on here doing - is interesting.

I can absolutely get my head around what you're doing. I'm interested in why.
And what if I told you, there is no 'why'. Your imagination running wild isn't my issue

I post my opinions like anyone else does

I was busy counting my rice when it was on, sorry.
Thereby rendering impossible the opportunity to ever watch it again :tearsofjoy:

The funny thing is, your side definitely won. It's true, everyone is saying it. Their side won!!
And for you, this is as humourous and cheerlead-y as the 'other side' saying their guy won. Coz you have no idea what actually happened in the debate, apparently.

A curious approach, but hey you do you ¯\(ツ)

Thereby rendering impossible the opportunity to ever watch it again :tearsofjoy:

And for you, this is as humourous and cheerlead-y as the 'other side' saying their guy won. Coz you have no idea what actually happened in the debate, apparently.

A curious approach, but hey you do you ¯\(ツ)
Why TF would anyone willingly spend their time watching a US political debate. Like there's so much to do in the world, so much opportunity to have fun, and you're admitting to this? Bizarre to me

I don't need to watch it to point out how stupid it is everyone saying 'their team won'. That's literally the point. Your team definitely won, everyone is saying it!! You can collect your winners ribbon at exit 3

Why TF would anyone willingly spend their time watching a US political debate. Like there's so much to do in the world, so much opportunity to have fun, and you're admitting to this? Bizarre to me

I don't need to watch it to point out how stupid it is everyone saying 'their team won'. That's literally the point. Your team definitely won, everyone is saying it!! You can collect your winners ribbon at exit 3

I most certainly did, even blocked off time in my work calendar! They can be hard to watch particularly the Biden one, i find a perverse enjoyment in it though.

I most certainly did, even blocked off time in my work calendar! They can be hard to watch particularly the Biden one, i find a perverse enjoyment in it though.
I wanted to watch live for the comedy factor but couldn't. Figured the funny parts would be on the tweeter and didn't see much come out of it!

How good is 2024 politics that comedy factor is even considered...

I wanted to watch live for the comedy factor but couldn't. Figured the funny parts would be on the tweeter and didn't see much come out of it!

How good is 2024 politics that comedy factor is even considered...

Hulk Hogan, in character, presenting at the Republican convention, I mean what a world we live in!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I had it on in the background while working, but you're right its not exactly electrifying entertainment.

The point is you're making an assessment on something you refuse to watch. Like I said, you do you but don't expect anyone to take such an approach seriously.

If one candidate shits their pants on stage and rolls around in it while yelling obscenities and the other is fairly normal and makes reasonable arguments throughout, clearly the fairly normal candidate has in actual fact won the debate. Thats not what happened in this debate of course (well maybe metaphorically lol), but you make it sound like determining a winner is nothing more than partisan barracking no matter what actually takes place on the stage.

Bizarre :drunk:

Personally I had it on in the background while working, but you're right its not exactly electrifying entertainment.

The point is you're making an assessment on something you refuse to watch. Like I said, you do you but don't expect anyone to take such an approach seriously.

If one candidate shits their pants on stage and rolls around in it while yelling obscenities and the other is fairly normal and makes reasonable arguments throughout, clearly the fairly normal candidate has in actual fact won the debate. Thats not what happened in this debate of course (well maybe metaphorically lol), but you make it sound like determining a winner is nothing more than partisan barracking no matter what actually takes place on the stage.

Bit like those who make an assessment on Rogan's pod without listening, or listen to an edited commentary piece by someone wearing glasses with purple lenses (and yes the lenses trigger me!)

I haven't made an assessment. I'm agreeing with you, your team definitely won!! I know it's true as everyone is saying it

Best of all for the mega passionate people who care who 'won', it doesn't even matter. It won't change the result one iota, no ones vote was swayed. They may as well have not done it, yet you care who 'won'. No one, 'won'

As in having opinions without an ulterior motive or pushing some sort of agenda?
Neither. Just having reasons for the opinions you hold. You don't need to be pushing an agenda or have a motive to be on here.

I find people's reasoning endlessly fascinating. It's in their reasoning that demonstrates 'I think, therefore I am' false; that other people can come to different conclusions based on criteria I could never even dream up.

Come on mate, we both know thats not what you're really doing.

Just cop the L and move on, no biggie.
It's pretty obvious, every US debate is the same. Trumps team says they absolutely won, Harris team says they definitely won. U.S politics is so tribal that their is no point arguing and no one can be convinced otherwise.

How is this not obvious?

It's pretty obvious, every US debate is the same. Trumps team says they absolutely won, Harris team says they definitely won. U.S politics is so tribal that their is no point arguing and no one can be convinced otherwise.

How is this not obvious?
Did you watch it?

Did you watch the Biden one? Wouldn't exactly clarify that one as "same as every other US debate", if you can't determine an objective winner there I'm not sure what to tell you :tearsofjoy:

Like yeah the tribal/locked in base will probably never accept their bloke lost, unsure why us normal people would go with such an approach though.

How is this not obvious?
I thought it was obvious but some struggled I guess

Now take your L and move on Bourbons

Remove this Banner Ad

Podcast Joe Rogan - Tricked again!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back