Injury Joel Corey - knee cartilage tear

Remove this Banner Ad

May 11, 2006
On the Outer
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Aussie Swim Team,
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a.../story-e6frf9jf-1225833638008?from=public_rss

A KNEE injury has almost certainly ruled out ace Geelong midfielder Joel Corey for the start of the season. Corey had surgery yesterday to repair a small tear in the meniscus (cartilage) in his right knee.
The dual Cats best-and-fairest winner and two-time All-Australian has been ordered to rest for at least the next three weeks.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a.../story-e6frf9jf-1225833638008?from=public_rss

Ohhhhh Crap!:(

Re: Joel Corey Knee Injury

Same here...

Damn, I thought I heard something about his knee after the game but then heard no more, so I thought he must have been fine. At least it's not so bad then and hopefully gives someone like Hogan a good run.

Well I look forward to seeing Kelly shifting his poise and toughness out of the D back into the midfield with this opportunity. Assuming Hogan won't be fit by round one or JC we still have Wojak and of course the new stud

duncans.gif

And footy too.

Don't discount Duncan getting the nod for the first few rounds now that JC has knee problems..

They trusted him with a lot of game time against North Melbourne. To me this was a sign of just how highly they rate him down at the Cattery.

I can't see them risking either JC OR Hogan, not after the approach they took last year with injuries.

P*S

Woops! just clicked with that 'DUNCAN'S LIQUOR' sign above...

Well I look forward to seeing Kelly shifting his poise and toughness out of the D back into the midfield with this opportunity. Assuming Hogan won't be fit by round one or JC we still have Wojak and of course the new stud

duncans.gif

And footy too.

Obviously Hogan's the replacement for round one if he's fit.

If not Kelly can do well as a full time midfielder as we know, and then it's a question of who of Wojo, Gillies, Drum etc etc plays in defence instead.

I would be happy to see Duncan in round 1 though.

Sad news for Joel, but better we have these injuries now than later in the year. Should be up and going for most of the season still.

Saw Joel subbing off on Sunday down the race...signing autographs, no real signs of discomfort.
I wouldn't worry about this one too much. No real parallel to Ottens, I wouldn't have thought.

What a strange photo the Hun decided to use with the story.It's almost as though they don't know which Corey is which so they just went with both.
Must've been Jay Clark who did the story and photo.

Haven't seen it. Was it 1 with the beard or even better 1 of Boris:eek:

I saw Corey heading down the race on Sunday too, he didn't look too worried but he was bandaged when he returned.

I did hear KB on SEN yesterday morning talking about how the Cats doctors & Neil Balme had inspected the TD surface, especially all of the pot holes, for quite a while after the game. He asked Balmey about this and (of course) he said there were no issues with the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too lazy to click on the link provided by the OP to see the picture are we ?

:eek:

Yep:) And was on nappy duty at the time.

Her computer would crash as it's the same age as her and still has the internet connection that even the 90's would be ashamed of. :eek: :p

You will keep. Just for that I will keep what I know to myself, I would hate to over load my computer and me:p

but he doesnt know how long he will be out for which isnt a good sign. (would think by that it could be few more than reported) but far too early for him to tell.

that is what i was thinking, chris paul who plays in the nba had surgery at the start of february to repair a torn meniscus and has been slated 3-4 weeks at the time. still no timetable yet.

and from what i understand, this injury could pose more long time effects as if the meniscus degenerates then it is bad news.

Yours or a babies ?

Mine of course.:eek:

:p

spoke to Joel earlier today and he is in good spirits, he joked that maybe I should take him out of my dreamteam if I had him in. I lied and said he was in , lol. but he doesnt know how long he will be out for which isnt a good sign. (would think by that it could be few more than reported) but far too early for him to tell.

I got a the same info from a phone call:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Joel Corey - knee cartilage tear

Remove this Banner Ad

Back