Injury Joel Corey - knee cartilage tear

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard today , and this is NOT factual, but is not ridiculous, that Corey has a degenerative knee that swells every time he runs. No cure, will never be perfect. That would be a large long term loss if true.

But IF, all of Corey, Ablett, Rooke, and Milburn were to go at the end of 2010, we need some replacements!!

Sounds like same as Rooke in that he has Knee Tendinitis. Not great news but Andrew McLeod was able to manage this over his last few years and still be productive (although it would seem it has finally got him now) but it will vary player to player.

Sounds like same as Rooke in that he has Knee Tendinitis. Not great news but Andrew McLeod was able to manage this over his last few years and still be productive (although it would seem it has finally got him now) but it will vary player to player.
not tendonitis, sounds like the joint itself is worn, like buddha's was, and couchy

Another Egan situation coming up. Just signed a new 2Y contract didn't he?

Joel has been a champion of our club but this type of stuff is to be expected.He main weapon is running.Take this away and he becomes a different player , Kelly and Bartel are probably more versitile players and will be able to finish in the backline . Looking at the bright side , if over the next few years we have a gradual change of faces , we have a better chance of sustaining our sides strengths

It's a terrible shame if it's as bad as it sounds. I was just thinking how good it would be to smoothly transition Corey into a permanent back pocket role for 2011-13. It seems if the Cats have a weakness (though only really exposed when Scarlett is out) it seems to be locking down the quick small forward types. I think a fully fit Corey would be great in that role in the twilight of his career.

Is his career over?? Or will he be back next week?? Or is it a wait and see proposition?
He was a chance to play this week so he can't be far off.

Out of interest, how come you have been following this so closely all season? At first I thought it was fantasy football reasons, but surely if that were the case you would have traded him out by now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Joel Corey - knee cartilage tear

Remove this Banner Ad

Back