Joel Selwood ducking his head

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not like Geelong need the frees. They are a great team but I have zero respect for their Captain. If he wants to make the tackle high but dropping his knees, lifting his arm and putting his neck in the tackle then he shouldn't get a free for it.

If lots of players are doing why pick out Selwood.

+16 free kicks up on 2nd place.

Joel Selwood is the king of milking free kicks, and its about time the umps stop rewarding shit free kicks. The push in the back was another classic example of Selwood diving to the ground, when Ebert wasn't even lying on him. The game was being played better earlier in the season when the umps put the whistle away, somewhere between rounds 7 and 14. Less free kicks = better game.

The fact his name is now associated with the word 'ducking', speaks volumes.
Agreed 100%

It shows how easily people can be manipulated by the media and unable to form their own opinion. Like sheep. If the media keep saying ducking then eventually those that are easily manipulated will start to be conditioned.

I haven't seen any instance of ducking in this game.

I've seen once instance if a player tackling too high and another instance if Selwood using his strength to shrug off a weak tackler.

Why is its Selwoods fault players choose not to tackler lower or build their strength in the gym?

Happy as always for someone to provide evidence if Selwood ducking in this game.

Truly terrible display of it today. He's not technically breaking a rule, but certainly taking advantage of one in a manner which is against the fairness and sportsmanship associated with our great sport. The umpires association needs to address it. Really bad look for the game.

What's your opinion of rushed behinds? What about walking over the boundary line with the footy in hand? Or even holding someone up after taking a mark? Throwing the ball back to someone who has won a free kick with a little extra flight on the ball? Not picking the ball up and throwing it back to an opposition player who has won a free kick? Shepharding the man on the mark?

Or, dare I say it, TANKING?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong supporters need to stop be so one eyed, and look at pretty much what every other supporter of the game is saying. Don't lay sh*t on Essendon supporters for being one eyed in regards to ASADA, then turn around and do exactly the same thing.

Happy as always for someone to provide evidence if Selwood ducking in this game.

Go to an optometrist...

Agreed 100%

It shows how easily people can be manipulated by the media and unable to form their own opinion. Like sheep. If the media keep saying ducking then eventually those that are easily manipulated will start to be conditioned.

I've seen once instance if a player tackling too high and another instance if Selwood using his strength to shrug off a weak tackler.

Why is its Selwoods fault players choose not to tackler lower or build their strength in the gym?

His free kick 15m out straight in front he unquestionably dropped to his knees as the contact came.

As I've said in other threads, the shrugging technique is fine in my book, it's just Selwood using his strength.

The dropping to his knees is going to get him knocked out pretty sickeningly before long and it's going to be really hard to feel sorry for him when he does it deliberately.

Geelong supporters need to stop be so one eyed, and look at pretty much what every other supporter of the game is saying. Don't lay sh*t on Essendon supporters for being one eyed in regards to ASADA, then turn around and do exactly the same thing.
Essendon supporters. ASADA. Wtf are you talking about?

This thread is about people being blind sheep to the media regarding Selwood being tackled high.

Post your evidence of Selwood "ducking".

Because someone breaking their neck is bad?

If someone willingly gets behind the wheel of a car drunk and kills himself, should I care? Nope.

No difference, self inflicted.

His free kick 15m out straight in front he unquestionably dropped to his knees as the contact came.

As I've said in other threads, the shrugging technique is fine in my book, it's just Selwood using his strength.

The dropping to his knees is going to get him knocked out pretty sickeningly before long and it's going to be really hard to feel sorry for him when he does it deliberately.
As soon as a I read "dropped his knees" I'd read enough. A term like that is only used by those who are sucked in by the commentators and media.

It's physically impossible to "drop the knees".

Well he doesn't do that head butting charge like Lindsay Thomas/Luke hodge and Lewis from Hawthorn. That can cause severe compression of the neck/spine.

Selwood usually just gets a swinging arm from a high tackle.

LT went to put a block on, not sure he can intentionally head butt someone who is a foot taller than him with a shepard. :p

LT puts his body on the line, sadly in a few cases injuries happen. He also does silly things like plays for free kicks. It would be sad if him or any player got hurt playing the game.

If someone willingly gets behind the wheel of a car drunk and kills himself, should I care? Nope.

No difference, self inflicted.

If that negligent person was a family member you would not care?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back