Joel Selwood ducking his head

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/free-throws/sort/avgFreeThrowsAttempted

Harden, James, Durant, Bryant, Anthony...the top free throw shooters in NBA. Two explanations for this:
1) they are better than the rest and others foul them to stop them.
2) IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

Same applies in AFL. If you look at the stats you will find that the top players all receive more free kicks than the average to poor players.
Ummm So Selwood is twice as good as Ablett, and 5 times as good as Swan and Kennedy?

As soon as a I read "dropped his knees" I'd read enough. A term like that is only used by those who are sucked in by the commentators and media.

It's physically impossible to "drop the knees".

Sure, argue semantics if that makes you feel better about it. Whatever way you spin it, he deliberately went to his knees as the contact came. Watch it in the highlights.

If that negligent person was a family member you would not care?

I'd care for their family, and whoever else they may put at risk. I have zero sympathy for anyone that does that.

Don't defend a drunk driver.

A word of advice to opposition players if you're too soft to stick a tackle on a bull that is Joel Selwood then you're better off not even bothering laying a finger on him. On a lighter note the tears from opposition fans are too funny.

Well he doesn't do that head butting charge.

He does it all. I recently linked to a video clip in the Geelong Sydney game where he headbutted 3 Sydney players in a row, until he finally got the free kick as evidence that he does this. I received no response to that piece of evidence.

Sure, argue semantics if that makes you feel better about it. Whatever way you spin it, he deliberately went to his knees as the contact came. Watch it in the highlights.
It's not a matter of how I feel.

I deal in facts and realities not wild delusion.

Post your evidence of Selwood ducking.

Until then our claims are pure bullshit and show that your are easily manipulated. :)

As soon as a I read "dropped his knees" I'd read enough. A term like that is only used by those who are sucked in by the commentators and media.

Not to mention I didn't use the term "dropped the knees", I said "dropped to his knees"

People can drop to their knees.

He does duck, and anyone who suggests he doesn't is kidding themselves. That being said, he will continue to do it as long as the umpire continues to pay the frees for it. It's got to come down to the umpires to crack down on it, not the player to stop doing it. Players are smart in that they will play to the whistle, make no mistake, he the umps stopped paying frees for it, all players, not just Selwood, Hams etc would stop the practice.

He's far from being alone in doing it. He probably gets highlighted more as he's around more contests than many others

It's not a matter of how I feel.

I deal in facts and realities not wild delusion.

Post your evidence of Selwood ducking.

Until then our claims are pure bullshit and show that your are easily manipulated. :)
Case for the prosecution.... All of big footy. Who hardly care about what the Media think,...

case for the defense.... Geelong supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never really complained about it much but sat down to watch the second quarter of this game. That first one he got inside 50 where he dropped the knee I immediately thought "cheat". I don't care that other players do it, it's wrong. He does it constantly too, it's infuriating. The second one where he shrugged it above the shoulder was almost just as bad. How is the tackling player meant to prevent going above the shoulder when he drops the knee at the last second or pushes his arm above the shoulder? It's a joke. Don't know if they can change the free so it's only a free for high if the INITIAL point of contact is above the shoulder, might be unpoliceable, but I hate it.

I'd care for their family, and whoever else they may put at risk. I have zero sympathy for anyone that does that.

Don't defend a drunk driver.

I meant your family member. I was just trying to establish at what point your humanity kicks in and at what point someone getting hurt is unfortunate irrespective if they contributed to it or not.

Hope Freo play them in the finals and kick them out again...

Atleast we know Freo will make them feel every last tackle, especially Selwood :p

Embley dropped his knees into Stratton this year, Johnson did into Nathan Jones. I think it's possible

I meant your family member. I was just trying to establish at what point your humanity kicks in and at what point someone getting hurt is unfortunate irrespective if they contributed to it or not.

Nope, sorry no sympathy for self inflicted injuries that were deliberate, not an accident.

Ummm So Selwood is twice as good as Ablett, and 5 times as good as Swan and Kennedy?

Did I say free kicks are the be all and end all of measuring a player? Just that there is a clear correlation between receiving free kicks and being a good player.
Selwood has received infinity times more free kicks this game than Motlop, he must have had an infinity times better game by your comprehension of my statement.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/free-throws/sort/avgFreeThrowsAttempted

Harden, James, Durant, Bryant, Anthony...the top free throw shooters in NBA. Two explanations for this:
1) they are better than the rest and others foul them to stop them.
2) IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

Same applies in AFL. If you look at the stats you will find that the top players all receive more free kicks than the average to poor players.

what a nonsense argument. you're comparing a contact sport to a non contact sport.
there is a difference between fouling the best player on the court, and tackling every single player that touches the ball.

Did I say free kicks are the be all and end all of measuring a player? Just that there is a clear correlation between receiving free kicks and being a good player.
Selwood has received infinity times more free kicks this game than Motlop, he must have had an infinity times better game by your comprehension of my statement.
But Selwood has received 5 times as many frees as Josh Kennedy, and no Cats supporter can give me an explanation why?

It's an expression meaning to drop to the ground at the knees.

If you want to play silly semantic games it's also physically impossible to be sucked in by a commentator, unless you're in the box next to them with your pants down.

what a nonsense argument. you're comparing a contact sport to a non contact sport.
there is a difference between fouling the best player on the court, and tackling every single player that touches the ball.

This, comparing AFL to NBA is stupid at best.

5 on 5, one man teams... etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back