John Barnes and The Scum

Remove this Banner Ad

Barnes is not the only runner who is operating outside the expectations of a runner's responsibility. A number of them do it, it's just that Barnes is more noticeable because Sheeds always tends to push things a little further than most coaches.

I have heard the issue is very high on AFL's agenda over the summer and they are thinking of allowing only one runner. If coaches continue to abuse it they may be forced to operate without a runner.

Has anyone else heard this or is it just talk?

Syd said:
Your not in the 8.

Get ther first, then get back to us.

I'd enjoy riding your little wave of confidence sydney fans, but lets remember that last saturday was an AWAY game for essendon and in the same game earlier in the season where sydney lost it was an AWAY game for them. Few would have tipped essendon in the recent game, yet you pathetic bandwagon riding sydney fans seem intent to harp on the defeat. Its going to be amusing when you, just like us get knocked out in the first round of the finals

f I've missed like 6 games since 1995 am I still "bandwagoning"???

Big Monster said:
I'd enjoy riding your little wave of confidence sydney fans, but lets remember that last saturday was an AWAY game for essendon and in the same game earlier in the season where sydney lost it was an AWAY game for them. Few would have tipped essendon in the recent game, yet you pathetic bandwagon riding sydney fans seem intent to harp on the defeat. Its going to be amusing when you, just like us get knocked out in the first round of the finals

Not harping, clarifying that the cart does not go before the horse.

Also pointed the same thing out to a Sydney fan in a "Home Final" thread, ie have not lost what we have not yet qualified for.

But if you prefer to think its "all about you'', please resume your whinge.

Big Monster said:
Its going to be amusing when you, just like us get knocked out in the first round of the finals

Its going to be amusing when you don't get there.

Syd said:
Not harping, clarifying that the cart does not go before the horse.

Also pointed the same thing out to a Sydney fan in a "Home Final" thread, ie have not lost what we have not yet qualified for.

But if you prefer to think its "all about you'', please resume your whinge.

mark my words..

Re: f I've missed like 6 games since 1995 am I still "bandwagoning"???

Syd said:
Its going to be amusing when you don't get there.

Please tell me - who is going to win the Brownlow oh great and wise won. you seem to know so much about the future I just want to know so I can win some money.

Pevers-Legend said:
You don't mean BBBHall do you?

jeez, 210 marks, 50 odd goals from CHF, 40 odd contested marks, and averaging 1 a free for, and 1 a free against every game, makes him SUCH a pet, just suprised he hasn't got a dog collar :rolleyes:

imo TOO many players taking votes off him early in the season.

white and tredders have been standouts for their teams, and they've won a swag of games, fattleby should be close or there abouts, roo and spider are also not without their chances, black and lappin could go close also, plenty of votes for the brissie midfield, judd could get a few votes on second half season form, and BBB hall is in with a chance.

wide open IMO.

nice if snowey gets it, well deserved, but there are others who should be ahead of him on the count.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dave_04 said:
20k didnt work on the weekend, afl and umpires love child sydney got a golden run bordering on cheating against essendon on saturday, could not touch a swans player all night.

That's a funny thing to say.

From memory, the first time you played the Swans this season you got a dream run, I remember Robert Walls on 3AW said "the umpires have cost Sydney any chance they had of winning the game".

Just eveninig itself out i think.

red+black said:
We're in the finals, and will play melbourne at the MCG, then potentially the Cats at the MCG. I'm not worried about anything. We won't win the flag, that's obvious, but it's been a bad year yet we continue to make the finals. Not many teams can say they have had a bad year and finish 5th to 8th.

Dont speak to soon....you havent made the finals yet

Did chuckle at Barnesy's efforts in even being near Hall on Saturday night.

Certainly not the first runner to try it...reckon Weightman has made a kiiling by doing it all these years at Tigerland and there are others too. Fingering one guy is one thing, but, a need to understand how widespread the problem is would make your argument more credible.

pazza said:
Did chuckle at Barnesy's efforts in even being near Hall on Saturday night.

Certainly not the first runner to try it...reckon Weightman has made a kiiling by doing it all these years at Tigerland and there are others too. Fingering one guy is one thing, but, a need to understand how widespread the problem is would make your argument more credible.

Then it needs to be stamped out. It's akin to having one extra player out blocking space for leading forwards.

mantis said:
PKB, you swannies are still whinging & sooking about round 4. :rolleyes:
At least when we complained we cited specific examples, which were also agreed with by the AFL and the media. All this whinger does is talk about the "AFL's love child" and "Swans players can't be touched" but seems to lack the brainpower to provide examples. Hardly surprising when its only 8 or 9 years old though...

NMWBloods said:
At least when we complained we cited specific examples, which were also agreed with by the AFL and the media. All this whinger does is talk about the "AFL's love child" and "Swans players can't be touched" but seems to lack the brainpower to provide examples. Hardly surprising when its only 8 or 9 years old though...

Solomon's goa........sorry behind?

Remove this Banner Ad

John Barnes and The Scum

Remove this Banner Ad

Back