Moved Thread John Longmire vs Chris Scott - the better coach?

Who is the better coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If its wins then its ken Hinkley.

If its flags its dead even between Chris Scott and John Longmire.
If its AFLCA coach of the year awards its Ken Hinkley.
The only issue with Longmire is no flags since 2012 - his singular flag (you got the equal flags part wrong) - when he's had at least two other teams good enough to go all the way (favourites on grand final day in 2014 and 2016).

Scott is 2/2 for grand finals Geelong were favourites in and lost the one Richmond were marginal favourites for.

The only issue with Longmire is no flags since 2012 - his singular flag (you got the equal flags part wrong) - when he's had at least two other teams good enough to go all the way (favourites on grand final day in 2014 and 2016).

Scott is 2/2 for grand finals Geelong were favourites in and lost the one Richmond were marginal favourites for.

well that 2022 grand final made the difference. Had the swans won, people will say Longmire is a better coach.

well that 2022 grand final made the difference. Had the swans won, people will say Longmire is a better coach.
I think even if they had just won the two grand finals they were favourites in (2014 and 2016). But at the end of the day he has consistently taken them pretty far and the nature of a one-off event is anything can happen. The players let him down more than Longmire letting them down in the last three grand finals they played, I'd say.

I think even if they had just won the two grand finals they were favourites in (2014 and 2016). But at the end of the day he has consistently taken them pretty far and the nature of a one-off event is anything can happen. The players let him down more than Longmire letting them down in the last three grand finals they played, I'd say.
Spot On. 14 & 22 100 percent but 2016 they at least turned up. Played shit and still should have won. But ?

Good to see some respect from Brad Scotts coaching era of 2010-19 at North Melbourne talked about in a positive way.

4 finals wins in a 10 year period. 2 wins in 2014 and another 2 in 2015. Not bad for a team like North Melbourne with limited (financial) resources.

Again... People like to Say Premierships are the be all and end all. thats true.

But having a North Melbourne finals run of 2014-6 isnt bad to look back on. Yeah no flags, but if you spend the last 6 or 8 or 10 seasons in a row not making finals, you are gonna cling on to a finals win.

I savoured that 2022 elim final vs the dogs, mainly because of tolerating that 2016-21 rebuild.

Roos have not had a good list in decades. Scott did a great job with them in the early years. The problem is the club is small and was afraid to bottom out and spend time rebuilding so tried to keep on topping up. It didnt work and now they hit the bottom even harder.

Roos have not had a good list in decades. Scott did a great job with them in the early years. The problem is the club is small and was afraid to bottom out and spend time rebuilding so tried to keep on topping up. It didnt work and now they hit the bottom even harder.
I agree. I won't deny North Melbourne are small. But I can understand why they had to get at least 6 or 7 wins at worst each season.

I can understand why they kept topping up with players aged 30 or over around that 2010-6 period.

Even with a limited squad, they had to contend for finals.

Now we all know why North Melbourne refused to bottom out. Look at Norths wins and losses record from round 1 of 2020.

You are not gonna get an average of 40,000 north Melbourne fans rocking up at every home game at Docklands if they are only winning 2 or 3 wins each season.

Back