John McCarthy passes away in Las Vegas. RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope the players didnt let him go off on his own knowing he was in a bad state and have this resting on their shoulders

We've all been in a situation where a mate was hammered but we let them take risks or drive or walk home knowing theyre not in the best shape, but assume 'they'll be right' because usually they are
Stupid post!

No one knows the circumstances and your jumping on here saying the other players are to blame and to carry the guilt - MRN

How about you wait until we know situation before laying blame on anyone or thing

For another day, I think.
Everyone keeps saying this, but I think the circumstances are actually pretty important, particularly with other clubs off on similar trips. If it was an accident, it will serve as a reminder to be extra careful in a place like Vegas, if alcohol was involved, it will serve as a reminder for players to look after their mates.

robert penfold on channel 9 saying that there are also stories of him falling from a tree, and that it happened around 5am local time

Stupid post!

No one knows the circumstances and your jumping on here saying the other players are to blame and to carry the guilt - MRN

How about you wait until we know situation before laying blame on anyone or thing

He didn't say that at all

In fact he hoped the opposite

I'm not sure if you believe you are the self-appointed moral compass of this site - however it's abundantly clear you've spent your entire afternoon monitoring this thread and objecting left, right and centre.

Whether what HP wrote was right or wrong (for the record, I found it pretty bloody ordinary) - get over yourself, pal. There are moderators who look after the content - you want to join in, put your hand up for that gig.

I've only objected to shit posts. I don't apologise for it.

Some of our boys are over in Vegas as well, and I hope this is a reminder for them to stay safe.

Keith Thomas did a fantastic job with his press conference. Would have been hard.

robert penfold on channel 9 saying that there are also stories of him falling from a tree, and that it happened around 5am local time

Might make more sense as there are very few hotel rooms with balconies in Vegas.

Regardless RIP John, absolutely tragic.

Some of our boys are over in Vegas as well, and I hope this is a reminder for them to stay safe.

You'd have to question whether they'll remain there now.

Not sure you'd want to be there at all.

Everyone keeps saying this, but I think the circumstances are actually pretty important, particularly with other clubs off on similar trips. If it was an accident, it will serve as a reminder to be extra careful in a place like Vegas, if alcohol was involved, it will serve as a reminder for players to look after their mates.

No doubt they are questions that need to be considered and answered, but in time.

Right now, the dust has not settled and it's all still too raw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL.com said he was found on a driveway unresponsive. There are a number of possibilities. Overdose of some kind, fell over and hit his head, hit by a car, random heart attack etc... We still don't really know as yet. Isn't the rumor he was meant to have fallen from a balcony? The fact that it was at 5am would suggest he would probably have been out partying before. Its a sad day for all of football regardless.

Lovely to see the outpouring of emotion from supporters of all clubs, even though we might give each other crap from time to time, some events just bring everyone together. RIP John.

AFL.com said he was found on a driveway unresponsive. There are a number of possibilities. Overdose of some kind, fell over and hit his head, hit by a car, random heart attack etc... We still don't really know as yet. Isn't the rumor he was meant to have fallen from a balcony? The fact that it was at 5am would suggest he would probably have been out partying before. Its a sad day for all of football regardless.

I would think where they found him in the driveway would have given them a pretty good idea where he fell from.

I don't understand why people have to throw all these guesses and assumptions about what happened out there though. No one knows so let the investigation take due course and you'll find out when we all find out. You don't get a medal being the first to guess correctly when we do find out.

yeah that was the rumour, that he fell from the balcony of a hotel he was not staying at, and you're right, regardless of what happened it's an absolute tragedy, was an absolute gem from all accounts.

This is horrible and what a sad way for a young man to lose his life, away from his family.

Footballers impact on us, they become people we watch week in, week out and we take them into our hearts. We watch them start their careers and hopefully grow as players. To lose one in this way is a shock and feels a bit like losing an acquaintance.

Most sincere condolences to his family, loved ones and friends, Collingwood and Power players and all who know him personally and from following his career.

On a personal note I lost my father, best friend and brother-in-law to sudden car accidents. It's sad, it's horrible and it's hard to not get angry.

If people are feeling bad and down on here please talk to someone, get a hug, kiss your dog and reach out for help.

My prayers, thoughts, and deepest condolences are with his family, girlfriend, team mates, and PAFC. Way too young to go :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back