Player Watch John Noble (Trade to GCS requested)

Remove this Banner Ad

When do we find out about John Noble that is, if a trade occurs or not?

I may not have been wrong after all, despite all the backlash.
Still not the same as Adams

Adams was vice captain, was a lock in our best 22 but was injured and missed playing in the premiership team due to an unlucky injury. He got his neck out of joint because they ruled him out on the Tuesday. Reality is, he wasn't going to be fit.

Noble played for 4 years straight without missing a game - then is dropped for finals and missed out despite being fit. If one of these two has the right to be disgruntled, its him.

He could have been warranted to request a trade last year, but he stuck with us and got to work to improve his game.

Adams was vice captain, was a lock in our best 22 but was injured and missed playing in the premiership team due to an unlucky injury. He got his neck out of joint because they ruled him out on the Tuesday. Reality is, he wasn't going to be fit.

Noble played for 4 years straight without missing a game - then is dropped for finals and missed out despite being fit. If one of these two has the right to be disgruntled, its him.

He could have been warranted to request a trade last year, but he stuck with us and got to work to improve his game.
And he could very well be helping us bring in an AA.

Always the team player & I'll be forever thankful if we get to replace him with Houston 😘

My reading of the Noble 'gripe' is that it came from his manager, and not neccessarily from John.

We are the club which offered him a chance to play AFL footy, and to his credit he made the most of it.

Its sad that he missed out on the finals last year, and the flag. But those same coaches who elected not to play him, coached us to a premiership, so its hard to criticise how they went about it.

In hindsight, most wish it was JFN who got the premiership medal, and not Ginni. But that was the biggest misstep of our 23 campaign - all else worked and for that I'm eternally grateful.

I read the Noble gripe mentioned by Lucas as it coming straight from the mouth of Dimma.

Dimma has targeted Noble and this is the narrative they are using to make it happen.

As long as we ar compensated properly then all good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another thing that he and Taylor Adams have in common is that they are both exceptional at hitting targets. Unfortunately for them, the targets are the opposition players.

My reading of the Noble 'gripe' is that it came from his manager, and not neccessarily from John.

We are the club which offered him a chance to play AFL footy, and to his credit he made the most of it.

Its sad that he missed out on the finals last year, and the flag. But those same coaches who elected not to play him, coached us to a premiership, so its hard to criticise how they went about it.

In hindsight, most wish it was JFN who got the premiership medal, and not Ginni. But that was the biggest misstep of our 23 campaign - all else worked and for that I'm eternally grateful.
Had the same thought, especially after Lucas said he hadn’t asked Noble, albeit I only read the article, so may lost some context.

“I haven’t asked John that, but I would’ve thought when you get dropped for the finals last year, I’m sure that thought would’ve popped into his mind: ‘Is this where I see a long-term future? Because I thought I was going OK but the biggest disappointment of my career has just unfolded before my eyes?’,” he added.

Probably should have been Lippa forward and JFN sub.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I agree.

If there's one thing I'd change about '23, it would be that JFN has a premiership medal over Ginni.

He is a more deserving human but is a player the club can cover for.

If the Pies regress in '25, it won't be because Noble left for a more secure job.

Last edited:

Adams will be a life member of Collingwood. Noble will not.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Adams will be a life member of Collingwood. Noble will not.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm not sure what that has to do with the post you replied to?

Think the deal for 13 if we are to secure it, will be done in next 2 days.

Be interesting if Leppa can actually do the deal. Walk the walk and not just talk the talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch John Noble (Trade to GCS requested)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back